Bus of the future has maiden voyage

Trainspotter

Bus of the future has maiden voyage

"Come on in, it still takes your money," the bus driver said yesterday to confused would-be riders staring dumbfounded at the MTA's latest rollout, a 35-foot-long electric hybrid that's on a two-month-long trial run up and down 42nd Street.

Full story: AMNY Photos: Gallery icon_offsite.png - October 12, 2007

:eek: Wow that looks like crap. I really hope they don't use this bus. Besides why are they getting not only an uglier bus but at the same time its shorter which means less passengers at a time where you need buses to hold more. :confused: I say they should go with New Flyer or any other builders.

:eek: Wow that looks like crap. I really hope they don't use this bus. Besides why are they getting not only an uglier bus but at the same time its shorter which means less passengers at a time where you need buses to hold more. :confused: I say they should go with New Flyer or any other builders.

Well if they are still in court battle with New Flyer over the additional high floor artics (IIRC 80 additional buses), then New Flyer won't be supplying NYCTA with buses no time soon. We do have the older version Orion VII, so all they need to do is order the Orion VII NG. That way we would have the same model, but still two different looks.

Hopefully they are not seriously considering getting this hideous bus itself. It is too small. 35ft long and 98 inches wide ain't going to work here. 40ft, and 102 inches is what's needed. That thing that they are testing, is nothing but an ugly RV with bus doors. I doubt it would survive NYC streets. We have enough issues with the Orion VII, and the shocks coming apart or the rims getting bent, or both, after going across huge potholes. Ugly wouldn't last.

Archived