rode on an R42 F just now

FlushingExpress

since i was constantly insulted for avoiding subway cars that i really hate, i decided to take my chances and ride an R42 for the first time since july 2008. i caught one on the (F) at 18th avenue and rode it to jay street and i have to say, it was quite horrible. R42s keep getting uglier and rustier as the weeks go by and (F) riders do not seem pleased with them. i went through all 10 cars and did not see one happy person on board. i do not believe this. first the R42s ruined the (A) (thank god they are off that line), then the (E) (the worst of them all), then the (R), and now the (F). what is (NYCT) thinking???? despite my extreme hatred for these cars, i took a picture of the train which i will later post on myspace.

You going to start avoiding the F now?

I really cannot tolerate your extreme hatred for the R42s. It's okay to dislike them, but if you continuously broadcast this hate, it's annoying.

These cars are old, just deal with it.

Compare these cars to an old person with a lot of dots on his face and white hair falling out. Could you hate him because he looks ugly?

i just wanted to know if you guys were happy that i finally ditched the avoiding certain subway car behavior and began riding the (A)(E)(F)(R) regardless of whether i get an R32, R40, R42, R44, R46, or R160.

We are not happy hearing your complaints and rants. Just live with it like a normal straphanger. I think we all have made our points clear.

:lock:

i just wanted to know if you guys were happy that i finally ditched the avoiding certain subway car behavior and began riding the (A)(E)(F)(R) regardless of whether i get an R32, R40, R42, R44, R46, or R160.

I wondered if your world kept ending for you when a hated SMEE train came into the station. You just complain too much. As long as you can't take a stick and poke a hole through a rusting spot, you really shouldn't be complaining at all.

i am no longer complaining. i have decided to finally "grow up" and ride all types of cars whether i like them or not. i have to ride the (F) to school for the next two months and from what i heard, as more R160s go on the (E), its R40M/42s are going on the (F) to the R46s can replace the slants on the (A). i just wonder, how do u guys tolerate riding a subway car you really hate? what do you do to get your mind off of that?

i am no longer complaining. i have decided to finally "grow up" and ride all types of cars whether i like them or not. i have to ride the (F) to school for the next two months and from what i heard, as more R160s go on the (E), its R40M/42s are going on the (F) to the R46s can replace the slants on the (A). i just wonder, how do u guys tolerate riding a subway car you really hate? what do you do to get your mind off of that?

Concentrate on something else. Think about something other than the subway car.

In that case, bring something to do. I usually listen to music and relax my eyes as the ride goes on.

i just wonder, how do u guys tolerate riding a subway car you really hate? what do you do to get your mind off of that?

Unlike you, I don't give 2 sh*ts about how crappy a train can be. As long as the roof on top doesn't crash on me, as long as the seats are intact, as long as the windows are there, as long as the doors are not falling out... I am fine. It's just a train. Not a home. And if a certain car has the above characteristics, it would be taken out of service immediately.

I would sleep on the train, not caring about anything else. And I have better things to complain about.

Cmon guys, everyone is allowed to hate a class of subway cars. I hate the R42's as well, and I don't blame FlushingExpress. Their cosmetic condition both inside and out are horrible, and they aren't exactly the best looking cars either. The only car I dislike more is the R38, due to its extremely dim, dirty, and depressing interior.

Please don't tell me that all of you just love every single car fleet and have absolutely no problems with it whatsoever.

Cmon guys, everyone is allowed to hate a class of subway cars. I hate the R42's as well, and I don't blame FlushingExpress. Their cosmetic condition both inside and out are horrible, and they aren't exactly the best looking cars either. The only car I dislike more is the R38, due to its extremely dim, dirty, and depressing interior.

Please don't tell me that all of you just love every single car fleet and have absolutely no problems with it whatsoever.

I hate certain cars, however, I don't make a big deal out of it. FE has been ranting about R42 for a while on like a dozen of threads already. It's a bit frustrating for us to hear all of this. I don't go to a point where I avoid cars or lines because of this reason.

since i was constantly insulted for avoiding subway cars that i really hate, i decided to take my chances and ride an R42 for the first time since july 2008. i caught one on the (F) at 18th avenue and rode it to jay street and i have to say, it was quite horrible. R42s keep getting uglier and rustier as the weeks go by and (F) riders do not seem pleased with them. i went through all 10 cars and did not see one happy person on board. i do not believe this. first the R42s ruined the (A) (thank god they are off that line), then the (E) (the worst of them all), then the (R), and now the (F). what is (NYCT) thinking???? despite my extreme hatred for these cars, i took a picture of the train which i will later post on myspace.

Heh you were that weird guy on that train? You make my day! I seriously thought that you had Paranoid Schizophrenia.

Heh you were that weird guy on that train? You make my day! I seriously thought that you had Paranoid Schizophrenia.

wait a minute, are you saying you rode on a Manhattan-bound (F) train of R42s (no R40Ms) that arrived at 18th Avenue at 5:30 p.m. and saw a chinese guy in a red northface jacket, peach nail polish, and a U.S. figure skating messenger bag?

if i must, i will bring a Cosmopolitan magazine to read next time.

i was acting crazy because i just finished taking a really tough exam that i had very little time to study on.

Wow, I can understand not liking a car class, but hating one to the point were you wont get on the train. Yea the R42s are in sad shape, but to avoid certain lines or not get on the train because it happens to be a car class you don't like is a bit over the top. Be lucky the train even shows up at all and gets from one station to another. The R42s will only be around for a few more months at the most. I find the older trains to be alot more fun to ride because they are almost all gone, I have the rest of my life to ride the new techs.

Archived