R160s coming for the (R)?

PelhamExpress6

No. The R would become entirely R46 as the last R32s from Jamaica goes to 207th. Jamaica would as usual wear down the old cars, which would be the R46s on the R and V just as how they treated the R32s.

Pikin and 207 just wants 200 R32's, All R32's are based out of 207th st yard, The remaining 90 R32's at jamaica are going to stay until all of the R40M/42's go, Then They might start going unless 207th need more R32's. It is unknown what's going to happen to those R32's at jamaica.

The (R) is the odd man out on the Bdway line. If the (R) was CI based, it most likely would be running R68s, and may be running R160s. But, since it is Jamaica based, it runs Jamaica equipment, R46, R40M/R42, R32, mostly R46s. Being Jamaica based helps the (R). I remember when the (N) ran to Continental Av., the (R) sort of took from this yard and that yard and was a mess. Now, it has a home yard and is less "rarely" than it used to be. It actually has decent headway.

Jamaica yard is in flux, lots of old trains to attend to. The (R) is relatively stable, the (E) and (F) have the most transfer and replacement of equipment. So, those lines have to be sorted out first. Anyway, I like the R46 (R) on Bdwy. Gives variety, can get R46, R68 and R160s with the occasional R40M/R42 and R32.

there are still 600-700 more R160s that have to be delivered and i do not think they will all go to Jamaica. otherwise, the yard will be 100% R160s with those cars running on the (R)(V). ENY and Coney Island still need more of those cars so the (J)(Z)(Q)(W) can be fully R160s as planned. this thread reminds me of when i saw a four-car R160 set at ENY labeled for the (R) train. the sign said "Whitehall Street via 59th Street"

The (R) is the odd man out on the Bdway line. If the (R) was CI based, it most likely would be running R68s, and may be running R160s. But, since it is Jamaica based, it runs Jamaica equipment, R46, R40M/R42, R32, mostly R46s. Being Jamaica based helps the (R). I remember when the (N) ran to Continental Av., the (R) sort of took from this yard and that yard and was a mess. Now, it has a home yard and is less "rarely" than it used to be. It actually has decent headway.

The switch was made because the (N) had access to C.I and Jamaica while the (R) had no access. (IIRC) Deadheading to either yard would have been a pain so the (R) and the (N) switched terminals and the (R) had Jamaica and the (N) had C.I.

Some R46s will stay at Jamaica. The balance of the incoming R160s will go to Jamaica outside of the 4 car sets intended for the eastern division.

There is no current intention (Nor, to my knowledge, has there ever been any)to make the N/Q/W lines entirely R160.

Jamaica has roughly 730 R46 cars. Pitkin holds close to the equivilant of 400 R46 cars. Once the R160 order is entirely delivered, Pitkin will still be mostly R44, as the 272 R44s assigned there arent going anywhere. The only difference is that instead of being mostly R44 with some R32 or some R40s, it will be mostly R44 with some R46.

207 will likely be entirely R46. Jamaica will be mostly R160 with some R46s.

there are still 600-700 more R160s that have to be delivered and i do not think they will all go to Jamaica. otherwise, the yard will be 100% R160s with those cars running on the (R)(V). ENY and Coney Island still need more of those cars so the (J)(Z)(Q)(W) can be fully R160s as planned. this thread reminds me of when i saw a four-car R160 set at ENY labeled for the (R) train. the sign said "Whitehall Street via 59th Street"

My God... please you have to know how many trains are assigned to each line. Even with the W, CI has enough R160s to fill the N Q and W.

Well it depends, but given the number of trains assigned to them, they should have enough by now.

By the way, you know Josh Guitelman too?

Yup, he went to middle school with most of the kids in my highschool, and went to camp with a lot of kids in my highschool. I've met him at parties and played football with him with him before. Everyone in my school was crying, including me. He was such a good kid, he died so unexpectedly. He will be missed. :cry:

I assume you know him bc he's in your grade at Bronx Science, correct?

Yup, he went to middle school with most of the kids in my highschool, and went to camp with a lot of kids in my highschool. I've met him at parties and played football with him with him before. Everyone in my school was crying, including me. He was such a good kid, he died so unexpectedly. He will be missed. :cry:

I assume you know him bc he's in your grade at Bronx Science, correct?

Yeah, he was in one of my classes during freshman year. When I heard the news this morning, I couldn't do any work. I was really saddened by this. If you want a talk, feel free to PM me. Let's continue with the topic here, before the mods get mad.

Some R46s will stay at Jamaica. The balance of the incoming R160s will go to Jamaica outside of the 4 car sets intended for the eastern division.

There is no current intention (Nor, to my knowledge, has there ever been any)to make the N/Q/W lines entirely R160.

yes there is, so i believe some R160s still need to go to CI and ENY.

Well I think that the R160s on the (W) should just be moved to the (R) Because there gonna cancel the (W) soon anyway

Different yard. The R160s on the W would have to be transfered to Jamaica yard. If that was the case, they'd go to the E and F.

Archived