R will be running R160's

Pelham Bay Dave

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are over 750 R46s, more than enough to run 100% on the (R)(V)(C).
You are correct! To be exact, there are exactly 752 R46s in service. The F will eventually shrink to 208 R46s once the R160 order is complete as if transfers it's other R46s to the C, while the C gets G's R46s as well. There should be 5 R46 sets leftover from the C and those five sets would be placed on the A in place of the R40s.

For the (:D R-160 thing. That is possibly going to happen if the (G) goes to C.I. Yard since the (G) is getting R-68's most possibly from the (B) who'll get R-160's. So this does make sense. The ®'s R-160's possibly will just replace the spots the R-32/R-40M/R-42 runs on...

I don't think the (B) will have R160's, although that would make me really happy. Think about it, those R160 beasts speeding down the Brighton Express... oh man. Between most local stops R160's on the (Q) hit in the low 40's on the Brighton. Imagine if those R160's were on the express... oh my God. :eek::cool:

I was just guessing because the (G) is going to get the Hippos when it get transfered to C.I.Y. I was guessing the (:D is going to get R-160's since it is gonna have less trains. I know there is no plans currently to bring the R-160 on the (B).

Hmm, Maybe so, but then again the (Q) still runs a lot of R68/A's and those will most likely go to the (G), and then the (Q) would be fully R160. However, the (Q)'s current R68/A's may not be enough to supply the (G), which tells me that it would have to take some from the (B). If that happens, the (B) will have less cars, which means the (B) might need some more cars, so it may get R160's. If the (B) does get R160's, it will only be a few sets. Very possible, AWWang, very possible, lets hope for the best!

Well its great the 160s are going on the (R) .. some. But wouldn't this mean a 3rd order of 160s? Im also guessing the R40M/42 wont retiree till 179 makes it seeing the (E)(F)(R) is being mixed with 40/42 (F)(R) on 46

Maybe right now its ok for the Jamaica line to get the 160s, i just hope when the 179 makes wave the (A)(C) get some loving.. Instead they get the old cars. Dunno if it has something to do with getting faster access for scrap at 207

anyways thx for info Dave. You should be nominated chairman/ceo of MTA :D !

Well its great the 160s are going on the (R) .. some. But wouldn't this mean a 3rd order of 160s? Im also guessing the R40M/42 wont retiree till 179 makes it seeing the (E)(F)(R) is being mixed with 40/42 (F)(R) on 46
No. Option II can retire all the 60 ft SMEEs. Option III is just extra cars and it's still determined whether or not they are built.

I am rolling in my boots right now. The (R) line reliable? Ha, I don't think so. Try waiting for the (R) on a Saturday morning. I would like to know what planet you're from. The (V) would be a better line for the 160's. Seeing 46's on that line makes me want to yell "The (V) needs some variety."

I've been taking the (R) for years on a daily basis. The (R) is pretty reliable.

I am rolling in my boots right now. The (R) line reliable? Ha, I don't think so. Try waiting for the (R) on a Saturday morning. I would like to know what planet you're from. The (V) would be a better line for the 160's. Seeing 46's on that line makes me want to yell "The (V) needs some variety."

I've been riding the (R) for almost 20 years for school and work and it's always there.

Archived