So the (C) won't run R160's right now...

Homeslice

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I'm quite sure since the Rockaways still need to have their substations replaced. By the time the R160 order is done, the F would have 272 R46s. Since the R179 base order has 272 cars, it'll be a direct replacement here as the remaining R46s on the F move onto the A. The A would most likely get new cars via option orders. This also means that the R68s are staying at Concourse, while the R68As would go to the G and make it full length.

I'm getting tired of hearing about the power "issues" in the Rockways. If the Rockaways had power "issues", then how come the 30-day test was a success on the (A) line. The whole power "issue" is just a lame excuse to keep NTT on the (A) line. If anything, the (A) should be running the 160's right now. Washington Heights reisdents deserve better. Believe me, they would be delighted to see new equipment on the (A). As for the 179's, it would make more sense to make them 60-footers.

All I know is that we A riders are going to be stuck with R44s and R46s until at least 2015 and we're not getting the R68/As. This concludes that we would eventually get the R179s.

As for the 179's, it would make more sense to make them 60-footers.

Financially it does not, there are a different number of 75 footers than 60 footers per train. Now let's say 30 trains will be replaced. If 75 footers were ordered, 240 cars would have to be built (8 cars to a train). If 60 footers were ordered, 300 cars would have to be built (10 cars to a train). More 60 footers would be required than 75 footers. The MTA would have to order more cars (IF the cars are to be 60 footers) than would it have to when ordering 75 footers.

You never know what can happen

The (C) should get R160's, I like the R32's on the (C) but I would not mind the (C) getting them

The way I see things is, that the 2nd option order will head to Jamaica. R46s will get shifted to Pitkin to remove the R32s on the A and C. I'll probably see R46s on the C, as opposed to, R160s on the C.

To what i think is the R46 thats going on the (A) is to replace the last of the R42/R40 while the last of the rest of the R32s ether go on the (C) or get reefed. Today i saw a few R46s on the (A) and being more and more common.

To what i think is the R46 thats going on the (A) is to replace the last of the R42/R40 while the last of the rest of the R32s ether go on the (C) or get reefed. Today i saw a few R46s on the (A) and being more and more common.
Oh no no, the R46s are far from getting reefed. They are still one of the better among the SMEEs. The C would eventually get the R46s, while the R32s go to heaven.

Currently, the R46s from Jamaica Yard are being offsetted by incoming R160As. These guys head to Pitkin to retire the R40 slants. The R40M and the R42s will be retired next, I supposed. But they are at Jamaica Yard, they will go straight to the "Death Yard". R46s won't really replace them. The R160s will. Finally the R32s, most likely the 2nd order will kick in and arrive at Jamaica, offsetting more R46s to Pitkin, retiring the remaining R32s there. They will also retire the R32s at Jamaica.

Yes, I've seen quite a number of R46s on the A today.

Currently, the R46s from Jamaica Yard are being offsetted by incoming R160As. These guys head to Pitkin to retire the R40 slants. The R40M and the R42s will be retired next, I supposed. But they are at Jamaica Yard, they will go straight to the "Death Yard". R46s won't really replace them. The R160s will. Finally the R32s, most likely the 2nd order will kick in and arrive at Jamaica, offsetting more R46s to Pitkin, retiring the remaining R32s there. They will also retire the R32s at Jamaica.

Yes, I've seen quite a number of R46s on the A today.

No The Last 200 R160's will replace R32's , in 2010, The R32's will be the last 60"SMEE to retire. The Option Order II is oonly replaceing R42's and the R32's at Jamaica, Option Order III is still on the Table, and Option Order III will replace the last 200 R32's and this won't take place until 2010, The Last R32 to be in service will most likely be around the Summer of 2010.

No The Last 200 R160's will replace R32's , in 2010, The R32's will be the last 60"SMEE to retire. The Option Order II is oonly replaceing R42's and the R32's at Jamaica, Option Order III is still on the Table, and Option Order III will replace the last 200 R32's and this won't take place until 2010, The Last R32 to be in service will most likely be around the Summer of 2010.

Option II, which totals 1662 cars, can replace all R32s-R42s. there are only about 700 of these cars left in service. Option III is meant for additional service and/or replace the crappiest R44s in the system. by april 2010, all R32s-R42s will be retired. after the R40s go, all R32/R40M/42s in Jamaica will be retired (whichever are in worse condition will go first) followed by the R32s at pitkin.

No, the existing R160 order (from the base orders to the second optional orders) are designed to replace all cars of the following classes: R32, R38, R40 and R42. As what FlushingExpress said, the Third Option was not meant to replace any cars. It was a rumoured optional order that would have added trains for service increases.

Wrong, I did some math a week ago, There is not enongh R160's to replace 382 r160's are only replaceing all the SMEE's at Jamaica, there will be 200 left, The 200 cars will be R32's from 207th st, They will stay until 2010, Then they will replace the R32's with Option Order III r160's and the Option Ordrer III will not go to CI or JAM,It will mostlikely go to pitkin for (A)/© service ( (C) will be Full Length), And Op III is still on the table since the MTA got the Bailout but that is subject to change, Also the (C) will have a Full Legth set of R32's,44 and r46's in November.

Wrong, I did some math a week ago, There is not enongh R160's to replace 382 r160's are only replaceing all the SMEE's at Jamaica, there will be 200 left, The 200 cars will be R32's from 207th st, They will stay until 2010, Then they will replace the R32's with Option Order III r160's and the Option Ordrer III will not go to CI or JAM,It will mostlikely go to pitkin for (A)/© service ( (C) will be Full Length), And Op III is still on the table since the MTA got the Bailout but that is subject to change, Also the (C) will have a Full Legth set of R32's,44 and r46's in November.

Show me all of your calculations

Archived