Any freight train fans out there

trainfan22

• 2 weeks later...

I mean what is the best time of a day to spot freight trains on the Bay Ridge Branch?

I spotted some, plaing around in the backyard of some office on the corner of 53rd street, and 18th avenue. In was in July 1994, the this which helped me to spot - is that I sat all the day in that backyard - studying for some test.

I have a suggestion to reintroduce passenger service on that branch.

It would resolve the problem of Brooklyn-Queens direct line.

yeah that would be cool to have passgener service restored to the bay ridge branch they should turn it into a light rail line but i dont think that will happen as for fright train action on the branch i think it happens late at night like around 12:00am to 6:00am but i could be wrong that latest i saw a fright train was 9:00pm about 6 years ago on the flatbush ave overpass.

I mean what is the best time of a day to spot freight trains on the Bay Ridge Branch?

I spotted some, plaing around in the backyard of some office on the corner of 53rd street, and 18th avenue. In was in July 1994, the this which helped me to spot - is that I sat all the day in that backyard - studying for some test.

I have a suggestion to reintroduce passenger service on that branch.

It would resolve the problem of Brooklyn-Queens direct line.

There's always activity along that line but its hard to tell how often. the best place to see anything is on the 2nd avenue yard.

what is a comfort cab

I believe what Harry refers to as a comfort cab is wide cab locomotive. This was the original term that was used as it provided more comfortable conditions and more space for locomotive engineers and crew.

Here is an example.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=824252

Eric

• 3 months later...

Up here in SECONN our local boys are Providence & Worcester. I like them because their equipment is almost always clean and shiny and shows pride in their work.

04+P_amp_W+3906+at+Old+Saybrook.jpg

The Housatonic RR operates in the NW CT/SW MA area

Hous+3601+Sheffield+01.jpg

The New England Central operates between New London CT and Palmer Mass.

17+NECR+Train+near+State+Pier.jpg

I have more but I'm being too much of a baby to go look them up right now :D

Archived