Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

my mistake. qoute: were (MTA) nyct bus supposed to start

repainting #6850 - #6905 orion7 at Casey Stengal Depot.

#6850 - #6905 haven't been repaint as of yet.

all other Depot that have Orion7CNG is being repainted.

why Casey Stengal Depot did even start repainting the orion7

CNG #6850 - #6905

Once again...

Those are Hybrids, the CNGs are 1700-1799, 7560-7819, and the Hybrids are 3500-3783 and 6365-6905

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you already known that Grand Avenue Maspeth Depot had recieve

#4513 - #4515 orion7NG and they have #1303 - #1305 (3 bus of Design Line

I'm gonna ask you nicely to type correctly, get your sources straight and stop the double posting.

1303 is in Grand Ave, 1304 is in Manhattanville, 1305 has not made landfall on MTA property as of yet. 1302 is in Zerega receiving its Capstone C65 Turbine, a better upgrade from the C30. The other 3 buses are equipped with that.

Orion VII NGs 4513 up to 4519 has made landfall in Grand Ave depot, few have seen service on the Q59 already.

I'm so looking forward to riding those ex-Bee line buses.

So am I! Its great they left the chrome rims on. FR has a O7 with those. Im surprised that even though they did apply the MTA livery on them, they kinda did a half-assed job. they look like how B-L buses would look after a takeover. no stripe around the front, and if i saw correctly, the black is still around the windows.

Oh well, as long as they run, right?

ok, after checking out Trevor Logan's other ex-Bee Line pics, i see what Eastchester did. After removing the BL logos, they covered the yellow stripe, covered the blue and yellow above the windows towards the front, extended the blue stripe forward, but not around the front. IMO, they could've atleast extended it around the front.

I do like the fact that when renumbering the buses, it looks like all they did was change the first digit from a 4 to a 1. Ex: 101 was 401. 142 was 442, etc. nice. this can allow one to easily figure out what the bus was under Bee Line.

Well I think a color variety is nice, better than the same standard shades of blue. I still think it would've been nice if they left the ex-pbl buses keep their original paint scheme. Those days right after the takeover were very interesting especially seeing ex-TBC buses on the ex-Command routes. It was totally colorful.

The intersection of Fillmore and Flatbush was the best with the Q35 running the ex-QSC,JBI,and its own ex-GBL buses vs. the B100 and the ex-Command and ex-TBC buses.

Sorry for going ot there.

Well I think a color variety is nice, better than the same standard shades of blue. I still think it would've been nice if they left the ex-pbl buses keep their original paint scheme. Those days right after the takeover were very interesting especially seeing ex-TBC buses on the ex-Command routes. It was totally colorful.

The intersection of Fillmore and Flatbush was the best with the Q35 running the ex-QSC,JBI,and its own ex-GBL buses vs. the B100 and the ex-Command and ex-TBC buses.

Sorry for going ot there.

its all good. im about to join you. I remember those days. I personally enjoyed seeing the ex-JBLs in Far Rock on the Q22. But it was so confusing for people around the Wavecrest Apartment complex. You'd stand there waiting for a Q113, and you see this Ex-JBL bus pull up with the MTA logo on it, and at somepoint realize its a Q22!!!

They are waiting for the last 4 remaining O-5s to come from the Bee-Line. Once that happens (which will be the end of this week to next week) they will work on those 4 buses very quickly. Once they are finished, expect for those buses to start heading to the depots. Best advice, get your pictures and video/audio of the 1994 PBL TMCs and 1990-1991 ex-NYCTA TMCs now because they will be gone once the Bee Line O-5s arrive and to clarify, this will be an overnight situation (meaning a lot of transfers in one day). The order (SO FAR) is still for 101-124 for Far Rockaway, 125-154 for Baisley Park and 155-184 for JFK. We'll definately know the official order in about 3 weeks.

Far Rockaway will be losing some of their Hybrids to other depots. The numbers are unknown, but it looks like about 10-15 Hybrids will be leaving the depot.

I'm hoping that it's the 3700s that Far Rock displaces. I really like the SC 3500s for the forward facing rear section seats.

I hope this doesn't mean the end for 5926 and 1190 though :P

You may like the SC hybrids, but those seats in the back make standing room non-existant. which is why the arraignment was changed to a more "RTS" layout. ive been on many Q22s and Q35s and even Q53s where its crowded. and theres no room. WHich is one reason why im not fond of low floors. Im not surprised that FR will be losing some of their Hybrids, theres bearly any more room for more buses as it is. and sadly, yes, say goodbye to ex-GL 5926 and ex-JBL 1190. Thats the point of getting those ex-BL buses. at FR, there will be only one Ex-PBL bus left(if they still keep that one too) and its an Ex-NYBS/Ex-GL O5 suburban. Im currently not sure of the number though.

I know those buses 5926 and 1190 will be gone, but I'm hoping they don't end up as scrap.

Problem is, not many people choose to move to the back in the first place. They may as well keep the forward facing seats in the back. If they wanted to open more space for standing, they would make it a 1x1 seating arrangement at the front.

Personally I would rather they have made the bus 2x2 for both the front and back so that at least it would have as many seats as the hf buses.

I know those buses 5926 and 1190 will be gone, but I'm hoping they don't end up as scrap.

Problem is, not many people choose to move to the back in the first place. They may as well keep the forward facing seats in the back. If they wanted to open more space for standing, they would make it a 1x1 seating arrangement at the front.

Personally I would rather they have made the bus 2x2 for both the front and back so that at least it would have as many seats as the hf buses.

LFs will, IMO never have as many seats as a HF unless the LF is 45' long. And you are so right, most people dont move to the back. Instead, they stand inbetween the front wheelwells.

MTA, and other agencies like SEPTA, use the 2x1 seating as opposed to the standard 2x2 to create more standing room. Which is also why the MTA changed the rear seating layout on those LFs. Atleast now people cant claim they cant move back cause theres no room, yet no one is standing past those rear steps. Personally, i cant wait till those O5s arrive. Bring back the HFs! :tup:

True, but like I said, since people don't move to the back, they may as well keep the forward facing seats. Give people an incentive to move to the back. Personally I really like the set up on the LIB CNG NGs. But obviously it would never fly with the city.

No doubt about it, I'm looking forward to the O5s [again] on the Q35.

True, but like I said, since people don't move to the back, they may as well keep the forward facing seats. Give people an incentive to move to the back. Personally I really like the set up on the LIB CNG NGs. But obviously it would never fly with the city.

No doubt about it, I'm looking forward to the O5s [again] on the Q35.

Im fond of what LIB has for their 07s as well. they look good! i like the seats. They work for LIBs buses

WAIT WHAT? We still have the ex-NYBS O5 suburbans? I though those were sent to eastchester for storage or something like that?

I can confirm one sitting in the lot at FR thats across the street from the actual building.

And before anyone says it, i WILL post a pic that i will take next time i pass it on the train

Archived