Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As per TTMG, this may be changed though

LaGuardia: 4483-4512

Grand Avenue: 4513-4570

Flatbush: 4571-4630 (3900-3949 to Quill & 3950-3959 to Manhattanville)

JFK: 4631-4655

Castleton: 4656-4677

Jamaica: 4678-4700

A person that works at BP told me that they will get NG's, But not soon, That's why they are upgrading, The lifts in the depot can't support the NG's like the OG's, and plus those battery packs, they should have gave the 3800's to BP 1st. If they don't get them that would be stupid because Castleton does not need more of those buses, Everything changes.

A person that works at BP told me that they will get NG's, But not soon, That's why they are upgrading, The lifts in the depot can't support the NG's like the OG's, and plus those battery packs, they should have gave the 3800's to BP 1st. If they don't get them that would be stupid because Castleton does not need more of those buses, Everything changes.
They will be getting new hand-me-down buses once again, lawd... :\

I agree, I think BP deserves them more than CAS at this point, its good to know that BP is getting them. I don't feel that BP should've got the 3800's though, IIRC the lead-acid batteries aren't as efficient as the new lithium-ion batteries, I think they're better off in Manhattan because of the constant stop-and-go to recharge the batteries.

I agree, I think BP deserves them more than CAS at this point, its good to know that BP is getting them. I don't feel that BP should've got the 3800's though, IIRC the lead-acid batteries aren't as efficient as the new lithium-ion batteries, I think they're better off in Manhattan because of the constant stop-and-go to recharge the batteries.
The OG's have the same battery as the 3800s, with BP maintenance they should hold up just as fine.

The OG's have the same battery as the 3800s, with BP maintenance they should hold up just as fine.

Yep, But the depot is currently being upgraded to get the NG's, They might change their minds again, I don't think its a very good idea to give CAS more NG's and they crash them to death, Spring creek don't really need them unless they transfer their OG's, That would make sense, Their OG's would go to BP to replace their older buses, I heard that there was 1 orion V in service on the Q110 this afternoon.

While I do feel having mainly one fleet type would be good, I really hope Far Rock doesn't become all hybrids. I still hope Far Rock gets those ex-Bee Line buses.

the funny thing is, FR has one ex-NYBS O5 there. the oeriginal plan from whet i understood was the BLs were suppose to basically flood FR. all O5s. but given the number of hybrids there, and all hybrid fleet might be the newplan. rumor has it in th capital budget are plans to rebuild FRto a "Green" depot. anad an all hybrd fleet would fit well. hmmmm......

Same hear (J)(F)(K) would be a better target for the going (G)(R)(E)(E)(N) they all ready have 30(N)(G) and about 90orion (7) u give those rts/tmc up to farrock /lga and send those orion v from the green line days to far as well....maybe even cp..let riders feel how painful it is to suit in seat that fall apart lol

You can add 8405 (saw it on the Q35 Sunday) and 8462 (saw it on the Q21) to Far Rockaway as well. They are getting more buses as they are short now (by at least 10-12 buses) as well as Baisley Park/JFK. They were expecting the O-5s sometime this month (that's why they retired most of the TMCs) but since there is a delay in the O-5s (until at least December or January) they are going to get more buses from Eastchester scrap or wherever else the other depots can give them until the O-5s show up.

I sure hope so. LGA is currently the worst that most of us knows of. I wonder about Queens Village. I heard they used to have problems with their OG hybrids.

I don't know what the hell was up with those buses but the QV OGs used to drop out like flies. If you rode the Q46 from end to end on any given day there'd be at least 3 parked with maintence out there. I had 2 buses randomly fill with smoke. However, they did manage to get it together now.

why do you think LGA Depot have the worst bus.

while #9300 series had run on the Queens village depot

or Jamaica depot.? the worst bus that i think LGA depot

have is #9700 series 1994 RTS.

LGA is reported to be the worst in maintaining buses, therefore, why should they get newer buses to 'trash'. If they are going to trash any buses, let it be buses that are likely on their last legs. That's what I mean.

If LGA truly is getting their act together, then IMO, do they deserve newer buses.

Archived