Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

Those Vs at BP arent for keeps, they really are for maintenance work. And no drivers were trained on those Orion Vs, it wouldnt make sense to train drivers for buses that are going to be scrapped in about a year or less....especially in a depot that is pending more NovaBus & TMC RTSs and was only trained with RTSs.....

Keep in mind, Baisley Park had artics and they had no parts for those buses at all. Still kept them good nonetheless.

True about them not having the parts.

And aren't the Bee Line buses similar? So if not for keeping, then what about for training? [*only if BP were to get the Bee line buses.]

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True about them not having the parts.

And aren't the Bee Line buses similar? So if not for keeping, then what about for training? [*only if BP were to get the Bee line buses.]

I would think that, but considering that the Vs in MTA NYC & Bee Line were spec'd out differently, I'd figure that there are specific differences.

The 2 O5s that you saw at Baisley Park are NOT their buses. Even though they are in the back or anywhere in the depot does not mean they are going to be in service in that depot. These two buses will head to JFK sometime in the next few days.

Update on the Bee Line Buses: Expect for the first batch of O5s to head to Far Rockaway around the end of October or the beginning of November as they are now rushing with these buses. The numbers will be revealed in the next 2-3 weeks (most likely 1201-1284). As of today 65 of the 84 O5s are at Eastchester.

Ah damn RTSs only less than a month to live at FR Depot. ;)

It would say go out and get your last RTS pics but they barely run those PBL/1990 in service anymore. They are running those ex SC hybrids into the ground just like they did with their Orginal batch.

The 2 O5s that you saw at Baisley Park are NOT their buses. Even though they are in the back or anywhere in the depot does not mean they are going to be in service in that depot. These two buses will head to JFK sometime in the next few days.

Update on the Bee Line Buses: Expect for the first batch of O5s to head to Far Rockaway around the end of October or the beginning of November as they are now rushing with these buses. The numbers will be revealed in the next 2-3 weeks (most likely 1201-1284). As of today 65 of the 84 O5s are at Eastchester.

Dude we got 2 more, And plus they are in the Depot being relabled, Plus a driver told me that that bus is going to be theirs, If they got 2 more buses why in the hell would they go to JFK, They would only maintain 2, Currentley we have a total of 4, I know people that work over there and plus I did get the real info, Things change, and yes the drivers, New drivers can drive those buses, because when they were in training, They drove Orion V's, The seniors however will have a problem, BP needs extras.

Finally talked to my uncle this afternoon. The O5s are going to be taking over Baisley Park and their TMCs and NovaBuses will be heading to LaGuardia. So basically LaGuardia will have most of the TMC and NovaBuses With Baisley Park having TMCs and Orions V, VII and NGs. Now it gets better. There is SOME, and not yet confirmed (i have a feeling it aint gonna happen) talk that Far Rockaway may receive the Orion NG order after all to make Far Rockaway the first Hybrid Local Bus Depot in MTA Bus.

Finally talked to my uncle this afternoon. The O5s are going to be taking over Baisley Park and their TMCs and NovaBuses will be heading to LaGuardia. So basically LaGuardia will be the only depot that will have the TMCs and NovaBuses in MTA Bus. Now it gets better. There is SOME, and not yet confirmed (i have a feeling it aint gonna happen) talk that Far Rockaway may receive the Orion NG order after all to make Far Rockaway the first Hybrid Local Bus Depot in MTA Bus.

The person that I know that works at BP said that the RTS are staying, Because BP has been short, Maybe they will get rid of some RTS but from what My freind told me, RTS are staying, They need atleast 2 more buses to replace an RTS, They are short right now, Also They are Making improovements to the Depot so we can get NG's in the near futrue.

Forgive me for askin'....any word yet on what's happening with the O5 CNG 9800s that were suppose to be headed to WF? We haven't seen any headed there in a while...

-MF'86

<4>

EDIT: Also, word on the street (or at least on Subchat) is that MJQ has a 4900. Any confirmation on that one? It's in the middle of this thread.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/readflat.asp?Id=167971&p=1#168157

Finally talked to my uncle this afternoon. The O5s are going to be taking over Baisley Park and their TMCs and NovaBuses will be heading to LaGuardia. So basically LaGuardia will have most of the TMC and NovaBuses With Baisley Park having TMCs and Orions V, VII and NGs. Now it gets better. There is SOME, and not yet confirmed (i have a feeling it aint gonna happen) talk that Far Rockaway may receive the Orion NG order after all to make Far Rockaway the first Hybrid Local Bus Depot in MTA Bus.

While I do feel having mainly one fleet type would be good, I really hope Far Rock doesn't become all hybrids. I still hope Far Rock gets those ex-Bee Line buses.

What I heard was that the 30 NG's intended to SC would go to BP instead, getting rid of most of the TMC's there; the rest of the buses to be retired would be by the Orion Vs.

BP is getting upgraded to handle the NG's, But they will get them next year, As for the Orion V's, 244 is parked in the front, It might see service this afternoon, 413,477,480 is in the back parked next to eachover, 424 is in the depot being re-labled.

What I heard was that the 30 NG's intended to SC would go to BP instead, getting rid of most of the TMC's there; the rest of the buses to be retired would be by the Orion Vs.

BP is getting upgraded to handle the NG's, But they will get them next year, As for the Orion V's, 244 is parked in the front, It might see service this afternoon, 413,477,480 is in the back parked next to eachover, 424 is in the depot being re-labled.

Good news, I wonder what upgrades BP will need though, I thought the NGs were very similar to the OGs. I can't wait to ride an O5 on the Q111/113.

Archived