Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 things to update on:

1) the lone Orion 5 suburban (ex-NYBS/ex-GBL) at Far Rockaway Depot. #5895

IMG00229-20091118-1239.jpg

2) as i was going home at 530 am this morning, i was on the Q35 crossing the Marine Pkwy bridge entering Rockaway. As we crossed, we were passed in the opposite direction by an Orion 5 with an MTA logo, but no front stripe, the sides with the reflection off the lights, looked like they were painted with black along the windows, and the windows themselves, ae the same windows that only open from the top!

Without saying i saw a ex-Bee Line Orion 5, i think i saw an ex-Bee Line Orion 5!

As soon as i get back to Rockaway tonight, ima do my BEST to confirm this!!!

well, as far as that O5 suburban, its been here since the summer. I went by the depot on the train last night and most of the hybrids that they usually have parked with the MCIs next to the building have been moved to the lot across the street, leaving about 15 parking spots empty. And not many buses are out of the depot after 130am. ( I Know for a fact that the Q35 uses 2 buses from then till around 530am. And theres a small number that may be on overnight runs that are split with JFK (1 of FRs overnights are on the Q11 I know cause i us to frequent it).

And i agree with TJ....Trainspot????:tup:

I am going to get a load of photo's of the RTS that will be gone, LGA Might get those Hybirds to replace the remaining 1990 TMC RTS's, I still don't know why in the Hell do they want to displace the 1994 TMC's, I understand the ones from LGA and JFK but Basiley Pk's are the best ones and they are still are in good shape.

These buses have been released for service? Because 5895 is there, I would expect that every operator there is qualified on an O5.

5895 has been there for a while. and some of the ex-GBL/WMATA rejects use to run from there. as i passed FR on the train last night, once again, unless that ex-BL was inside, it was out. damn, i wish i had a better view when an O5 passed me on the marine parkway bridge! damn low floors and crappy viability!

Me and my uncle went to Far Rockaway Depot today to talk to his friends (1 is the supervisor). It was very nice meeting them again as I have been there before. Anyway (on topic), the move has begun and 2 O-5s are at Far Rockaway (the numbers I believe was 102 and 107 but I forgot them). 8358 and 8368 SHOULD be leaving the depot sometime this weekend or next week to Eastchester; while the other 5 TMCs SHOULD head to LaGuardia when the buses start to be delivered.

Whoa, what's the ex-NYBS bus doing there?

I've seen Flatbush NGs run up the same direction as buses heading towards SC, but I dunno what it means. Maybe it is training or maybe it is something else, I haven't an idea why FB NGs sometimes runs up Flatlands.

Well, it may be serving Express routes out of there now. At FR, there's one ex-NYBS O5. And Flatbush NG may be deadheading between routes and the Flatbush depot. Remember, 2 NYCT routes do serve Flatlands ave and i know both have runs out of Fla.

Archived