Jamaica Merrick Blvd depot

nel070

Please keep the NG/Hybrid away from Jamaica. I like getting a seat on the Q85, not being cramped in some two level monstrosity. Jamaica is the last refuge from the Hybrids. Lets keep it that way.

Getting a seat on the Q85 is hard in the morning with the RTSs too.

What the MTA decides is final, nothing is going to change it. And give it a rest already, there's nothing wrong with the low floor buses.

If you hate the low floors that much, then ride the D4500's that you love so much. No one is forcing you to ride the local buses.

I can no longer afford the express bus. In a perfect world I would ride the x bus all the time.

Yes their is, those things handle crowds poorly. Like on the B68 & B41 for example. Also they don't hold as many people as an high floor bus.

he's absolutely right. you should see the low floors when their crowded.

low floor bus = FAIL

well then again at least i get the bus fan window on the orion 7's when its moderately crowded lol

I'm hoping it means their '99 Novas are sent over to ENY and other Brooklyn depots ;)

HELL NO, Let those 1999 Nova's stay, I heard they are going to send the remainer of the 9200 series RTS as well as the 8900 RTS to MTA bus.

I've been seeing an O7 NG driving the Q17 route but it was not in service. Hopefully Jamaica gets new buses soon.
I think that may had a school run on the 17....I'm not sure.........but I like low floors sure it gets pack.. most time ........well 80% of the time its when people don't wanna step up the stairs...that's all .....those ngs will be well kept there.....so iguess the next thing is wat about qv depot.........

(J)(F)(K).....(JFK)

I think that may had a school run on the 17....I'm not sure.........but I like low floors sure it gets pack.. most time ........well 80% of the time its when people don't wanna step up the stairs...that's all .....those ngs will be well kept there.....so iguess the next thing is wat about qv depot.........

(J)(F)(K).....(JFK)

QV isn't slated to get NGs.

yet....

Please keep the NG/Hybrid away from Jamaica. I like getting a seat on the Q85, not being cramped in some two level monstrosity. Jamaica is the last refuge from the Hybrids. Lets keep it that way.

low floor bus = FAIL

well then again at least i get the bus fan window on the orion 7's when its moderately crowded lol

99% OF THE TIME there are seats in the back of a low-floor bus.

I just passed Jamaica Depot on the Q85 and there is an NG in the yard towards the back up against the fence, I was too far away and going too fast to see the number.

That bus should be there for training; it is probably a loaner from Casey Stengel, Kingsbridge, or JFK. In order of units, JAM is about 20 units away (the order is into the 441x now).

Jamaica NEEDS those NGs; it has been 10 years since they got a new bus (that area also had to wait 10 years between 1986 and 1996 for a new bus).

This would leave Ulmer Park, Eastchester, and College Point as the only garages in the MTA bus system with no low-floor buses (although low-floor CNGs are in the pipeline for CP next year or 2011).

The only time I have seen problems is when one is on a normally articulated route.

Jamaica is slated for 19 now and then 33 after a pause in the order, and then also a later batch, possibly to finish the order.

UP needs new buses badly. Putting new designation signs on the 5100s does not make them any younger.

As for the crowding problems I rode a NG on the Bx3 during rush hour Monday and people actually had common sense enough to move to the rear and stand/sit without the B/o having to yell at them. Once people get used to the buses it'll be fine over at JAM. I do want to see a Q30 in the height of rush hour with an NG though... and the 1999 RTS should stay there

That bus should be there for training; it is probably a loaner from Casey Stengel, Kingsbridge, or JFK. In order of units, JAM is about 20 units away (the order is into the 441x now).

Jamaica NEEDS those NGs; it has been 10 years since they got a new bus (that area also had to wait 10 years between 1986 and 1996 for a new bus).

This would leave Ulmer Park, Eastchester, and College Point as the only garages in the MTA bus system with no low-floor buses (although low-floor CNGs are in the pipeline for CP next year or 2011).

The only time I have seen problems is when one is on a normally articulated route.

Jamaica is slated for 19 now and then 33 after a pause in the order, and then also a later batch, possibly to finish the order.

You are right about Jamaica needing new buses, the RTSs are getting more and more rattly and beat up and its the only depot to not have buses from this millennium. Ulmer Park should get some NGs too though, they're in the same situation as Jamaica with the aging RTSs.

Jamaica has 4220 from Flatbush, I saw it parked on the sidewalk on Merrick in front of the Depot.

Yes their is, those things handle crowds poorly. Like on the B68 & B41 for example. Also they don't hold as many people as an high floor bus.

Blame the people who refuse to use the top floor to stand, and the seating arrangement at the bottom floor which makes it clustered in the first place. Everyone uses the lower level to stand.

low floor bus = FAIL

What in the big blue hell is a bus fan window?

Blame the people who refuse to use the top floor to stand, and the seating arrangement at the bottom floor which makes it clustered in the first place. Everyone uses the lower level to stand.

Totally agreed. I still say they should've left the original configuration alone with seats in the back facing forward and 2x2 arrangements. That's a loss of 2 seats right there.

I also know the MTA has always had a 2x1 arrangement for the front, but why not 2x2? If people refuses to move to the back, wouldn't less room at the front of the bus force them to move to the back as well?

Looks like there are a few that oppose low floors and others that wants new buses. I'm not saying I like the hybrids over the RTS's, but I do like the acceleration and overall ride of the bus. What can I do? Flatbush runs as many if not more hybrids on the B41 now. It's not like i can afford to pass it up so I can catch an RTS. Sure it would be nice if they made the B2, B31, B49 hybrids only and leaving the RTS's for only the B41,44,46 lines. I'm just indifferent when it comes to the hybrids.

And yes I've been on a crush load B41 and had to 'fight' my way thru to get to the back, but there wasn't that much room left there either.

Archived