Unsanitary bus drivers

Blinkerdoors

I'm riding #11 bus from Willowbrook to Bloomfield Center last Saturday, and I notice a nausiating stinch from the rear exit door on Nova #1576. This is twice this year I smelled urine in the back of the bus: One on line #71, and on the #11 line. You mean to tell me, that the drivers can't go and do their business outside or in a restroom somewhere. I've seen this happened for years. Drivers go to the back of the bus and do their business in the rear door of the bus. This has to come to a stop. This is unsanitary.;)(NJT)

Never noticed this on NJT, but, I have on MTA buses as well as Suffolk Transit. Used to be a huge problem at LIB (not so much anymore) One particular driver on the S62 always pees in the rear stepwell because I can smell it throughout the whole bus! I do not understand why they have to pee IN the stepwell, instead of opening the doors and peeing on the street if a restroom isn't available.

I'm suprised that's going on at Bee-Line too, since their buses are usually spotless.

I've witnessed a driver do such a thing, and it's absolutely disgusting. No matter where you are, I'm sure there's a bathroom somewhere.

Which brings up the guy on the S62, I remember him once pulling over at the side of Fresh Pond Rd and taking a leak. Fortunately it was outside the bus!

In NYC there's restrooms but places like LI its a different story, esp Suffolk. In Port Jeff and Riverhead they dont let anyone use the restrooms without buying anything, even bus drivers. I've had to do my business several times outside there because no place would let me use the restroom.

At least in Port Jeff there's the LIRR waiting room which has one, but the room is only open in mornings for the commuters, the rest of us are stuck out in the cold.

Never noticed this on NJT, but, I have on MTA buses as well as Suffolk Transit. Used to be a huge problem at LIB (not so much anymore) One particular driver on the S62 always pees in the rear stepwell because I can smell it throughout the whole bus! I do not understand why they have to pee IN the stepwell, instead of opening the doors and peeing on the street if a restroom isn't available.

I'm suprised that's going on at Bee-Line too, since their buses are usually spotless.

beat me to it...

yup, LIB, I would notice drivers taking a whiz b/w the back doors where buses layover @ LIRR Freeport....

LIRR Babylon was another quick piss spot for drivers, esp. @ night... esp. over there by where the N72 picks up at; yards ahead of all the SCT buses that serve that station... dunno if this is still the case... I try not to go anywhere west of that S20/33/etc. stop.... odd, in that that stationhouse actually has bathrooms there *shrugs*

far as SCT goes, I've seen this quite a number of times @ smith haven mall (well, w/i the parking lots where they layover), the Patchogue terminal, and out there near the county offices in Hauppauge (not at the actual stop obviously, but where those buses layover at)... more often than not, I would always be running for another bus, when I happen to see a stream of piss comin out the back of the bus...

but hey, can't fault the guys... they're human just like the rest of us.....

more often than not, I would always be running for another bus, when I happen to see a stream of piss comin out the back of the bus...

Better run in the opposite direction next time, even if you miss your bus. After all, it is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.

I've witnessed a driver do such a thing, and it's absolutely disgusting. No matter where you are, I'm sure there's a bathroom somewhere.

Sometimes to far for one to go to without leaving late. Bring a bottle, or a cup, is all I say. This is for both male and female drivers, since both do this at times...... Trust me. I was once in their shoes..........Speaking of shoes they could use their own shoes if need be. Isn't urine a good cure for foot itch and foot fungus????????

I agree with you 100 percent. If the B/O needs a bathroom that badly he should pull the bus over along the highway and try to find a tree within 100 or so feet. If there isn't one, then the driver should pee in the grass. Not great, but at that point he (or she) doesn't really have another option. If the bus is in a suburban area and there is no satisfactory patch of grass then and ONLY THEN should the driver step out and pee in the street. B/Os should try to avoid peeing in bus stops as well. Sanitary conditions aside, if a passenger gets splashed the B/O in question is looking at a lawsuit or a broken nose depending on the civility of the passenger. Never, NEVER should a driver foul his or her own bus in that manner!! The same applies to passengers as to drivers. If at all possible, though, it is a bad idea to let a passenger pee out a door when the bus is moving because the jetstream will most likely end up splattering it on the outer wall of the bus. Prince, I am not sure whether it is possible to refuse to allow homeless people on the bus if they aren't rowdy or drunk.

I agree with you 100 percent. If the B/O needs a bathroom that badly he should pull the bus over along the highway and try to find a tree within 100 or so feet. If there isn't one, then the driver should pee in the grass. Not great, but at that point he (or she) doesn't really have another option. If the bus is in a suburban area and there is no satisfactory patch of grass then and ONLY THEN should the driver step out and pee in the street. B/Os should try to avoid peeing in bus stops as well. Sanitary conditions aside, if a passenger gets splashed the B/O in question is looking at a lawsuit or a broken nose depending on the civility of the passenger. Never, NEVER should a driver foul his or her own bus in that manner!! The same applies to passengers as to drivers. If at all possible, though, it is a bad idea to let a passenger pee out a door when the bus is moving because the jetstream will most likely end up splattering it on the outer wall of the bus. Prince, I am not sure whether it is possible to refuse to allow homeless people on the bus if they aren't rowdy or drunk.

That's what I did when my American roommate passed away.

He had carpenter business, so he borrow rental truck and went all the way to Ronkonhoma. When I did want to do #1, he pulled over to side/shoulder, so I could do #1, then again into Westchester County, he pulled over on side of highway, so I could do that again.

I remember when I was on longest #20 bus at 5:20pm departure at Palisade Mall to PABT, I was exploring with #1, but I manage to hold it for 103 minutes and soon as bus pulled over @ PABT, I darted to closest restroom.

I remember when I was on longest #20 bus at 5:20pm departure at Palisade Mall to PABT, I was exploring with #1, but I manage to hold it for 103 minutes and soon as bus pulled over @ PABT, I darted to closest restroom.

You know that your ass gotta take a big time leak when you count down the minutes like that. That seat must have shook like a Polaroid picture.

(M)an look att all these (B)us Operators in here ,(W)o(W) you've all driven buses before I see hmmm seems to me none of you have a pee hole huh none of you never had to drive a bus in your life look at this (E)ingnrboy talking about this psss plz man you wouldnt know if the bus op pissed in the back or these school kids did it but it least I bring A bottle with me but it sounds like you peeps could do our job while having to take a mean leak

PS most of you can't so stop complaining already

(A)s for pulling over with people on the highway man that's the last thing you should do ,(G)od forbid you get into an accident without calling it in ,your ass is grass 100 percent at fault so yeh we gotta hold it .

If it's an (E)mergency only then but only that.

(W)hat do you think our job is easy ,it's not so stop with the complaints blah blah blah you all sound like ©harlie (B)rown's friggin teacher

(W)hen you peeps get the job let us all know about your piss breaks psss like I wanna hear about it:mad:(K)<R>(1)

You have to also take notice of the homeless people that ride the bus in jersey especially, they have not bathed and they will sit in a chair which has cushion unlike nycta buses and those chairs seal in the foul stench.

(T)rue so tell me what can we do ? kick the smelly public off ,I don't think that's gonna happen so hold your breath but thanks dude for putting this out there .

Ask ©P(B)o how rikers is ,I recall him finding (T)ampons in the back

(W)hen I did the route I found ©rappy daipers so tell me who in here will clean that crap up that stinks up the bus ?

(B)ut the funny thing about this is ,(:) OP's still make service to pick you the public up so (T)hank your bus operator when you see (H)im/(H)er(K)<R>

Here is relative video.

In this video, bus operator did the unsafe action for passenger who did #1 on his bus.

O I love it huh

If that kid would of fallin then the driver would of been at fault .I would of handled it differently but thanks to yuki it clearly shows if you gotta go you gotta know go ask (B)obby (B)rown remember the ©op car ?(K)<R>

(M)an look att all these (B)us Operators in here ,(W)o(W) you've all driven buses before I see hmmm seems to me none of you have a pee hole huh none of you never had to drive a bus in your life look at this (E)ingnrboy talking about this psss plz man you wouldnt know if the bus op pissed in the back or these school kids did it but it least I bring A bottle with me but it sounds like you peeps could do our job while having to take a mean leak

(A)s for pulling over with people on the highway man that's the last thing you should do ,(G)od forbid you get into an accident without calling it in ,your ass is grass 100 percent at fault so yeh we gotta hold it .

(W)hat do you think our job is easy ,it's not so stop with the complaints blah blah blah you all sound like ©harlie (B)rown's friggin teacher

(W)hen you peeps get the job let us all know about your piss breaks psss like I wanna hear about it:mad:(K)<R>(1)

(K)(R), please. I will admit that some of my suggestions were off. However, you have to admit that peeing in a bus staircase is truly gross. Also, please don't talk to me "hmmm seems to me none of you have a pee hole" because all last year, I went from 6:30 AM to 5 PM with no bathroom breaks. At one point I had to run all over Washington Heights looking for a bathroom because I had the runs and didn't want to shit in the grass. Even though that incident only happened once, five days a week I ran ten and a half hours between piss breaks. Assuming a 60 to 75-minute commute to/from the depot from your house, that would be about the same time that a B/O would have to go if he held it all shift. Also, even a two-hour individual run should end in some form of layover, and even if the run ends in the middle of nowhere there is always a tree.

The thing is, they pee through the backdoors at all times, even though there is one in section 5, and 3 in Pelham Bay, drivers know but half the time they don't feel like getting up, so they just pee through the window, door, or backdoor. They wasn't even late they had atleast 5 minutes left to thier break. I only have to pee once-twice a day so holding it in isn't an issue for me, but some of these drivers know about the bathroom, but too lazy to go across the street for it. I've spoken to most of them who do it in my borough.

The thing is, they pee through the backdoors at all times, even though there is one in section 5, and 3 in Pelham Bay, drivers know but half the time they don't feel like getting up, so they just pee through the window, door, or backdoor. They wasn't even late they had atleast 5 minutes left to thier break. I only have to pee once-twice a day so holding it in isn't an issue for me, but some of these drivers know about the bathroom, but too lazy to go across the street for it. I've spoken to most of them who do it in my borough.

I hear ya man but if that op don't have a bottle like myself then he is entitled to a 20 personal break by law now having said that let me say this all B/O will be late to the first stop but I hear ya Orion:tup:

(K)(R), please. I will admit that some of my suggestions were off. However, you have to admit that peeing in a bus staircase is truly gross. Also, please don't talk to me "hmmm seems to me none of you have a pee hole" because all last year, I went from 6:30 AM to 5 PM with no bathroom breaks. At one point I had to run all over Washington Heights looking for a bathroom because I had the runs and didn't want to shit in the grass. Even though that incident only happened once, five days a week I ran ten and a half hours between piss breaks. Assuming a 60 to 75-minute commute to/from the depot from your house, that would be about the same time that a B/O would have to go if he held it all shift. Also, even a two-hour individual run should end in some form of layover, and even if the run ends in the middle of nowhere there is always a tree.

O.(K). (E)(;) you admit to being way off but I'm not saying you should kill your bladder but you do not understand the life of (A) B/O and that's the Bottom (L)ine cuz this Bus Operator said so .(K)<R>

PS sit in the front cuz that video will tell you what the public does back there

That's what I did when my American roommate passed away.

He had carpenter business, so he borrow rental truck and went all the way to Ronkonhoma. When I did want to do #1, he pulled over to side/shoulder, so I could do #1, then again into Westchester County, he pulled over on side of highway, so I could do that again.

what does any of that have to do with this conversation? where does your american roomate passing away come into that statement?

aiy yai yai

what does any of that have to do with this conversation? where does your american roomate passing away come into that statement?

aiy yai yai

I think he's trying to say that he's good at holding it in. Nevermind the fact that 'holding it in' can be harmful to ones health.

Archived