R160 (D) Train Mystery

Sea Beach

Ok,so im sure most of you have seen some threads/posts on the R160 (D) train. There was an R160 on the (D) on the weekend and now today. But the R160 that was on the (D) today was 98**,which is a Jamaica set,the R160 that was seen on the (D) on the weekend was 89**,which is a CI set,so this means theres 2 R160 sets on the (D),and whats making it even more intresting is that one is a Jamaica set!. So im assuming Jamaica gave up one of its sets to CI for the (D). I heard the R160 (D) today at 36 St,BX bound,and another member on here said he saw one near Bay Pkwy CI bound. Maybe CI might want all its (D) to be R160,but I also did hear that the R68 was going for some sort of SMS,so maybe it has something to do with it.

I believe those are just layups dude.

Coney Island Yard-Based Trains are purely the: (;)(N)(Q)(W) Franklin (S).

Coney Island Yard Layups: (D)(M)(R) with some (F)s.

Av X / Citi-Yard is the (F) Train

Zach

Thanks for the info! But there is a few R68 sets that are out of CIY that arent layups.

MOST of the (D) is based out of Concourse,but a FEW R68 sets are at out of CI

This is incorrect; the (D) is based ENTIRELY out of Concourse. If you do see any (D) trains parked at Coney Island, they are (D) trains from Concourse then (2500-2783). This applies to (;) trains as well; just because you see some (;) trains parked at Concourse does not mean that the (:) is based out of Concourse.

This is incorrect; the (D) is based ENTIRELY out of Concourse. If you do see any (D) trains parked at Coney Island, they are (D) trains from Concourse then (2500-2783). This applies to (;) trains as well; just because you see some (;) trains parked at Concourse does not mean that the (:) is based out of Concourse.

I heard from people on here that theres a few sets based out of CIY,but I guess there wrong? :confused:

I heard from people on here that theres a few sets based out of CIY,but I guess there wrong? :confused:

I'd have to say that they are most likely so. On occasion, you may see an R68 from Coney Island on the (D) but be aware that the line is only borrowing them. This is most prominent during G.O.'s (I remember seeing a Coney Island R68 on the (D) back in August when the line was cut in half).

I'd have to say that they are most likely so. On occasion, you may see an R68 from Coney Island on the (D) but be aware that the line is only borrowing them. This is most prominent during G.O.'s (I remember seeing a Coney Island R68 on the (D) back in August when the line was cut in half).

I see. Thanks!

Correct. I have seen an R68A on the D before, but it was a few years ago. But like with any CI based train on the D, they are just borrowed sets and do not belong to the D.

On the flip side, I'm not sure if the B regularly borrows an R68 set from the D though. I'm sure a regular rider of the B can clear this up for me.

Correct. I have seen an R68A on the D before, but it was a few years ago. But like with any CI based train on the D, they are just borrowed sets and do not belong to the D.

On the flip side, I'm not sure if the B regularly borrows an R68 set from the D though. I'm sure a regular rider of the B can clear this up for me.

Its very rare, but once in a blue moon, you'll see a 2500-2600 set will appear back on the Brighton Line..

Maybe it was an (F) train that got rerouted over the (D) for whatever reason, but the crew changed the sign to avoid confusion?

Yup, That was it most likely, It just Railfans foaming over a peice of Junk that's not even assingned to the (D).

Yup, That was it most likely, It just Railfans foaming over a peice of Junk that's not even assingned to the (D).

Lol! You can say that again!

I wonder what happens if the R160s ended up on the SIR, I'd never hear the end of it....

Would you ever refrain from using the term foaming? Some people sees miracles every day.

The (D) uses R68's, I would uderstand if that Train was on the (A) or (C), But the (D) is a different story, Its not that serious, If it was a 60" SMEE then I would understand if some people would go crazy.

Would you ever refrain from using the term foaming? Some people sees miracles every day.

How is an R160 on the (D) a miracle? Please explain that to me.

The (D) uses R68's, I would uderstand if that Train was on the (A) or (C), But the (D) is a different story, Its not that serious, If it was a 60" SMEE then I would understand if some people would go crazy.

Same here, an R32 (D) train! Lol ;)

Maybe it was an (F) train that got rerouted over the (D) for whatever reason, but the crew changed the sign to avoid confusion?

It doesnt seem like that because it made 2 trips,CI bound and BX bound,and dont forget the one on the weekend. and dont forget some of the R68 went for SMS,so they need replacement sets and these R160's couldve been the temporary replacements.

The R160 (D) train, with the 98** series was a test train. Next week or two it'll run on the (F).

It was in service... and arent all 98** in service and finished testing?

Either that or the (E). Cars in the 9800 series belong to Jamaica.

dont be suprised if they tested on the (G)(R)(V). i was on the train with my cousin whos a conductor on the (R) line, and he told me that they're trying to make the Jamaica and Coney Island yards all R160's. my mouth dropped, lol.

but brighton local is right...

Concourse Yard: (D)

Concourse Yard Lay-Up: (;)(4)

Coney Island Yard: (;)(N)(Q)(S)(W) ((S) Franklin Av)

Coney Island Yard Lay-Up: (D)(F)(G)(M)(R)(V) ((G)(V) once in a blue)

East New York Yard: (J)(Z)

East New York Yard Lay-Up: (L)(M)

Fresh Pond Yard: (M)

Jamaica Yard: (E)(F)(G)(R)(V)

36-38 St Yard: None

36-38 St Yard Lay-Up: (:)(D)(R) (Once in a blue)

Archived