Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

You'll probably get yours like middle of may or the end of may about. The notice he got is the 1st appointment to mta there are two more after that to get hired depending on whether your drug test expired after 90 days. You have a good chance of getting called since its a process and i say from the time you get that first letter atleast give yourself three months to determine whether you can get the job cause the list expires February 16 2015. I believe and dont quote me but as how i have been following the process for a year anyone list number approx 4000 and below has a good chance of getting the job.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI: Your pass is for your own personal and professional use. You are not to allow a spouse and/or child borrow or use your pass in anyway shape or form. Doing so can and will likely subject you to disciplinary action. Your pass is good for use on any New York City Transit subway turnstile or NYCT Bus. Your pass is not for use with LIRR, Metro-North, MTA Bridges and Tunnels, Express Buses, etc.

TransitChek will is for filling in the gap with all of the above mentioned services your pass does not cover. Especially those who do not live within the 5 boroughs and must travel lengthy distances for your daily reports.

Thank you for clearing that up. Just so no one has the wrong idea I have no intentions of lending anyone my transit pass. I was asking about the transit chek based on what the orientation package says.

Now my question is tomorrow the green paper says to report to 130 Livingston Plaza but when looking up directions only 130 Livingston Street shows up. Just wanna make sure I don't show up tomorrow morning at the wrong address.

Thank you for clearing that up. Just so no one has the wrong idea I have no intentions of lending anyone my transit pass. I was asking about the transit chek based on what the orientation package says.

Now my question is tomorrow the green paper says to report to 130 Livingston Plaza but when looking up directions only 130 Livingston Street shows up. Just wanna make sure I don't show up tomorrow morning at the wrong address.

I think it's the same thing. I have to report there tomorrow too

I received a letter today to go to 180 Liv on Wednesday. I have a couple of questions:

1. What time does the floor open?

2. Is this for a drug test only because the letter says medical.

3. I lost my social security card and I am going to get a letter from them tomorrow. Should I also get a print out of my work history? If so do I just say "I need a copy of my work history?"

This may sound like a dumb question but I need to make sure that I get the right thing.

My list number is in the late 2500s

Thanks in advance

I received a letter today to go to 180 Liv on Wednesday. I have a couple of questions:

1. What time does the floor open?

2. Is this for a drug test only because the letter says medical.

3. I lost my social security card and I am going to get a letter from them tomorrow. Should I also get a print out of my work history? If so do I just say "I need a copy of my work history?"

This may sound like a dumb question but I need to make sure that I get the right thing.

Thanks in advance

1 - ive been there as early as 650

2 - You'll be filling out paperwork, and be getting your drug test

3 - get a printout stating that SS is yours. Just so they know you are you

My advice to move along quickly through the day? Get there early, and try to sit in the middle front. When they call for people to line up in the middle, the quicker you sign up, the quicker you'll be out. It seems as tho they call people from the sign in book, rather than the ticket number you got. Becuase (I think if i remember correctly), when you sign in, you write down your ticket number too. So ithink they go according to that. 

1 - ive been there as early as 650

2 - You'll be filling out paperwork, and be getting your drug test

3 - get a printout stating that SS is yours. Just so they know you are you

My advice to move along quickly through the day? Get there early, and try to sit in the middle front. When they call for people to line up in the middle, the quicker you sign up, the quicker you'll be out. It seems as tho they call people from the sign in book, rather than the ticket number you got. Becuase (I think if i remember correctly), when you sign in, you write down your ticket number too. So ithink they go according to that.

Thanks, I heard you need to fill out a 21 page booklet and that you must give work history from high school. I was told that if you can't remember social security can give you a print out. That's what I was referring to.

Thanks, I heard you need to fill out a 21 page booklet and that you must give work history from high school. I was told that if you can't remember social security can give you a print out. That's what I was referring to.

If you dont have your SS Card, or the printout, they will send you to get the printout a few blocks away. Same thing happened to me. My suggestion, get the printout tomorrow if you can (it literally took me 5 mins, in and out..maybe i was lucky that day, no line) so you can save time. You'll definitely need the SS Card, when they call you back for final processing. But like i said, when they announce people to line up in the middle, try to be first to line up. Cus they will more likely call according to when you sign the book, than when you got your ticket. 

To everybody that started orientation today, how did the day go?

Orientation was what it was....orientation. It was ok i guess. Lotta paperwork that they go over and some rules. Pensions, insurance, retirement, etc. 

My question is whether or not to get the work history print out.

Thanks

If you can't remember every job with address then you should get it....it will cost $102.00

But if you can remember every job, location, and year, then you don't need it,

Orientation was what it was....orientation. It was ok i guess. Lotta paperwork that they go over and some rules. Pensions, insurance, retirement, etc.

What's the next step now ?

My question is whether or not to get the work history print out.

Thanks

You're going to have to fill in your work history for the 21 page booklet. But as far as bringing it in for them to see, no. Just need the printout stating your social is yours

If you can't remember every job with address then you should get it....it will cost $102.00

But if you can remember every job, location, and year, then you don't need it,

What's the next step now ?

Part 2 of orientation is Day 2. I think thats more of going over house rules, time keeping, vacations, etc....more HR stuff. 

You'll probably get yours like middle of may or the end of may about. The notice he got is the 1st appointment to mta there are two more after that to get hired depending on whether your drug test expired after 90 days. You have a good chance of getting called since its a process and i say from the time you get that first letter atleast give yourself three months to determine whether you can get the job cause the list expires February 16 2015. I believe and dont quote me but as how i have been following the process for a year anyone list number approx 4000 and below has a good chance of getting the job.

I've been in and out of this forum for about 2-3yrs now and yours is the first post that I'm commenting on. My list number is exactly 4,011 and I've been praying with fingers crossed that there's a slight chance that I'd be contacted for the position being that my number is so low. I'm hoping that a couple (hundred) people accepted the position as B/O which will give a brother a fighting chance. By your estimation do you think I'd make the cut? Honest opinion @straphanger and anyone else who has insight on me inquiry.

Archived