Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys need to stop spewing that BS!

I actually passed school car and am out her working daily. I still have weekends off as a train operator, and TSS help us out a lot. If you get caught doing the wrong thing there can be consequences. No one is out here paranoid, hiding from TSS, and scared to death. If you had passed school car you would know this. Time flies down here, and when the TSS get to know your face and knows you do ur job all is gravy.

There are good and bad TSS's just like there are good and bad Train Operators, Conductors, Dispatchers, and hell...even passengers.

Know your job, do your job, and you'll be fine.

Most "line" TSS's are there to help, answer questions, teach you, assist with emergency type situations etc. But they are not supposed to overlook misconduct and improper operation either. It's a tough line they walk, an it's not an easy job. But 99% of them are not "out to get" you or looking to trip you up. This is usualy nonsense that people who have bad records or don't know what they're talking about repeat in crew rooms often when they misunderstand a TSS's intentions. A lot of times simply being critiqued is misconstrued as a TSS being a jerk. Critiquing is a TSS's job, it does not mean they don't trust you, nor does it mean they intend to write you up...it's their job to periodically remind you of things that can be lost with complacency over time. Why do you think Transit has a daily "safety awareness directive" which usually is just repetitive items about personal safety? Because it's a reminder to be safe out there so you don't get hurt on the job...because regardless of how common sense it may seem, a few people get hurt on the job every year, and it's just their way of having you be aware of your surroundings just like a critique from a TSS is a way of keeping you aware of your operational surroundings.

If you're worried about "efficiency testing" there is a policy instruction out there about it, and how it is contractually negotiated that it be conducted. Read it and familiarize yourself with it.

As for probation being "easier" for a TO vs. a CR because TO schoolcar is so long...that is ot always a good thing. You belong to schoolcar during probation which means operational violations will be forwarded to workforce development (schoolcar) and they will decide on corrective action (minimal penalty, reinstruction, suspension without pay, termination, etc.) They tend to look at your schoolcar record, speak with your instructors, and look at your whole year to decide this. If you were someone who got past the midterm, final, and a practical by the skin of your teeth, run 2 stations, hit a homeball, and then run a third...that might be it for you. But if you do the same, and were a great student in schoolcar, are humble, know the rules, and can demonstrate you just need more experience with a certain piece of equipment that gave you a problem, you might be able to get a reinstruction out of it. It depends. Labor relations (who you'll deal with for RTO charges after probation) is much less forgiving, and many "default" or "starter" penalties for relatively minor incidents are more severe than schoolcar would be. So it is a double edged sword having a shorter probation since a new T/O has less time to screw up and still deal with schoolcar instead of labor relations. That said, don't screw up... B-)B-)B-)

what is the starting pay for conductor now a days?

Almost 22 to start...

I wonder if it was a good idea for me to start filling out the paper work that was given to me the day I was sworn in. They give you a packet of medical forms and other things to fill out I wonder if I filled them out too early? Does anyone know if that was a good idea to do?

I spoke to ms Rivera this morning July class will have 60 conductors in it and they are up to list numbers in the fifty one hundreds and she told I should hear from them by the end of this month.

I spoke to ms Rivera this morning July class will have 60 conductors in it and they are up to list numbers in the fifty one hundreds and she told I should hear from them by the end of this month.

that's good to know. Do you mean sixty one hundred?

I'm pretty sure he meant they are up to 6100 for processing. The last appointed is still 4863 I just called dcas. That will change once the June class goes in of 40 conductors. There is a July and August class. After that we really don't know but the list is expiring in 8 months which is really soon!!!!

I'm pretty sure he meant they are up to 6100 for processing. The last appointed is still 4863 I just called dcas. That will change once the June class goes in of 40 conductors. There is a July and August class. After that we really don't know but the list is expiring in 8 months which is really soon!!!!

Well that is about 500 people in front of me with 8 months left. That isn't a bad chance. If not oh well.

Tdevon i am list number 62xx and I haven't gotten any letter for pre employment. I will keep you posted. I feel that they will probably hire up to list number 6,100 from 8094 to give you an honest assessment. Anyone with a higher list number probably won't make the call.

It all will come down to them having a September, October, November, December, and January class.

If they don't we are screwed

Tdevon i am list number 62xx and I haven't gotten any letter for pre employment. I will keep you posted. I feel that they will probably hire up to list number 6,100 from 8094 to give you an honest assessment. Anyone with a higher list number probably won't make the call.

Well we really don't know where the list will end at. Until February comes, I am keeping the faith.

That's true but I just posted that figure based on where the list was last year at this time. And they had a class almost every month since last July. Like I stated, we gotta see if they put in a steady classes from September to January since I doubt there will be a February class

That's true but I just posted that figure based on where the list was last year at this time. And they had a class almost every month since last July. Like I stated, we gotta see if they put in a steady classes from September to January since I doubt there will be a February class

I believe they are going to have a steady class but, are you on an outstanding certification?

Archived