How I could tell who has Swine Flu?

FamousNYLover

Novel A/H1N1 influenza, not "swine flu". It has genes from avian flu, swine flu, and human flu making it hard for our bodies to fight it without vaccine, though some infected people never show symptoms, it really varies by age and exposure to previous flu strains.

If you see people with red noses, or red tired eyes keep your distance, distance yourself from any coughing/sneezing, get plenty of rest, maybe a break from the alcohol, caffene, nicotine etc, plenty of water, and take it easy, stress can cause your immune response to be less than normal. Also try to stay happy, upbeat, cheerful, depression/depressed mood can also affect immune response. Also dress warmly, keep your neck & head covered, and wash hands, keep hands away from face. If you can avoid touching things with your fingers by using a sleeve or a towel etc do that.

- A

afraid of catching swine flu through the internet? hahaha. :confused:

No, he stopped posting because his anti-social behavior was threatening his status as a member here. Seems to be improved thankfully.

There are some people who are afraid to come to nyc/north jersey with me on the train because they think they will get sick, so i typically end up not even asking anymore, riding alone, having a blast, and trying to figure out how to lure them to see things like the thanksgiving parade and such.

Don't be afraid, just be careful.

Some of the worst illnesses i've had in my life were sinus colds, no joint aches, no nausea, just total disorientation, off-kilter equilibrium, and inability to focus for long periods of time. I swore off using the subway when i get a sinus cold, i'm afraid i might fall into the track pit. PATH isn't as bad, the 2 stations i mainly use are very long, much longer than the train, and i typically stand near where he front of the train is going to stop.

- A

No, he stopped posting because his anti-social behavior was threatening his status as a member here. Seems to be improved thankfully.

There are some people who are afraid to come to nyc/north jersey with me on the train because they think they will get sick, so i typically end up not even asking anymore, riding alone, having a blast, and trying to figure out how to lure them to see things like the thanksgiving parade and such.

Don't be afraid, just be careful.

Some of the worst illnesses i've had in my life were sinus colds, no joint aches, no nausea, just total disorientation, off-kilter equilibrium, and inability to focus for long periods of time. I swore off using the subway when i get a sinus cold, i'm afraid i might fall into the track pit. PATH isn't as bad, the 2 stations i mainly use are very long, much longer than the train, and i typically stand near where he front of the train is going to stop.

- A

Does that mean no inviting you to railfan Andy :confused:

IIRC, you sleep around 4-5 hours on many nights... That is why you get sick often... Sleep more, preferrably before lets say 1:00am and you'll be fine and much immune to H1N1 Virus...

I always sleep exactly 8 hours unless i have to be somewhere & have trouble sleeping or need to do stuff before sleeping. The exactly 8 hours thing is really weird, i noticed it when i was in high school, i'd sometimes woke up like 1 minute before my alarm went off, which was timed to only let me sleep 8 hours. After i graduated, i simply stopped using an alarm most of the time, because i'd time my going to sleep perfectly with when i wanted to wake up. Combined with that, i only get sleepy exactly 16 hours after i wake up. :o

Also, i'm not worried out H1N1, i rarely get sick. :)

- A

Archived