Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

I don't mind NCC at all, I mind its head-up-NCC's-ass transcript ordering system which doesn't think that other colleges have their own admissions offices. Every school I've applied to doesn't list where the hell my NCC transcript should go and I've put about $12 on my card more than I should have just because it went to the wrong address... I have to Google the goddamned college website just to find the page with the correct address floating somewhere with no links to anything else. And now my mom doesn't trust me because of this? She wonders why I never tell her anything...

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, or is it harder to get to the Bee-Line website than it used to be? I type in "Bee-Line bus" on Yahoo, and none of those lead me to the Bee Line website. I have to go to the Wikipedia page and access the site from there.

It's because it's under the Westchester DOT's site. Look up Westchester transit and it should come up...

Finally got this damn thing out of my eye. It was in there 5 HOURS. I couldn't sleep because of it. My eyes have been watering for the past hour trying to get this thing out. Last time I checked, I was trying to get it out so much, my eye was like demon from a horror movie-red.

Oh well, it's gone now. Time to move on....

EDIT: This bird is trolling my cat... Having it run all the way around the house from window to window...

Edited by CDTA

Biking is quite the excersise, especially when you're biking to the top of a refurbished dump! Merrick Mountain is the place.

I love biking. On nice days, I ride out from the middle of Queens over to Central park around the bike path in the park... Its fun and some good excersize, since half of the bridge is uphill and there are alot of hills in the park.

Is it just me, or is it harder to get to the Bee-Line website than it used to be? I type in "Bee-Line bus" on Yahoo, and none of those lead me to the Bee Line website. I have to go to the Wikipedia page and access the site from there.

I have the sites of the major transportation agencies in the tri-state area all bookmarked.....

But before I bookmarked the new site, there was a time where when you'd do a google search for bee line, you'd get hits for the old site as well as the newer site... Worse, links from the main page of the newer site would point to timetables from the old site - it was hell finding the updated timetables on the newer site....

I love biking. On nice days, I ride out from the middle of Queens over to Central park around the bike path in the park... Its fun and some good excersize, since half of the bridge is uphill and there are alot of hills in the park.

That's quite the ride, fellow biker

Brooklyn and Labor Day, two things that should have never met.

I was walking on the Wiliamsburg Bridge the other day, some asshat apparently found it fun to fly down the pedestrian ramp on his bike. There's a whole bike ramp on the Williamsburg end, clearly marked.

I was already walking down the middle of the ramp, I half-consciously moved the the side, if I didn't I really dunno if that biker dude could have safely avoided me.

Also I got a new job.... relevant to this site..... it's in my location.... real talk...... ;)

Edited by Mysterious2train

My first three periods at school are all in the same classroom. B-)

And all of my classes after that are right next to each other.

Like a boss.

You like that? Back in 6th grade I hated it. Since I had two classes classes with the same teacher he used that as an excuse to not give a passing period. Not that I really needed one, but dude was a prick and I had to get away from that environment. Beside, I like some variety in my life.

I should add that I did take one regardless. He threatened to complain to the staff, I threatened to complain to the board. Nothing was said regarding the issue the rest of the year.

Edited by Turbo19

You like that? Back in 6th grade I hated it. Since I had two classes classes with the same teacher he used that as an excuse to not give a passing period. Not that I really needed one, but dude was a prick and I had to get away from that environment. Beside, I like some variety in my life.

I should add that I did take one regardless. He threatened to complain to the staff, I threatened to complain to the board. Nothing was said regarding the issue the rest of the year.

True. I hate having double periods souley because I hate being in one classroom for so long. As for having classes right next to each other - nah, just too boring not being able to walk the halls a bit before entering class.

True. I hate having double periods souley because I hate being in one classroom for so long. As for having classes right next to each other - nah, just too boring not being able to walk the halls a bit before entering class.

It's just a nice break that's all. In 6th grade, Class A was on one side of the school, then Class B was on the other side, and Class C was back on the original side, and so on for literally EVERY class. 7th wasn't so bad, but still for the most part my classes were spaced out. As long as this teacher isn't a b*tch, (and of course nobody knows what she's like qq) i'll be fine. Don't get me wrong, I love walking, but it's just a change from the past two years.

It's just a nice break that's all. In 6th grade, Class A was on one side of the school, then Class B was on the other side, and Class C was back on the original side, and so on for literally EVERY class. 7th wasn't so bad, but still for the most part my classes were spaced out. As long as this teacher isn't a b*tch, (and of course nobody knows what she's like qq) i'll be fine. Don't get me wrong, I love walking, but it's just a change from the past two years.

Last year, at my school, they scheduled it so that most of the classes were near each other, but they also shortened the passing time from 4 minutes to 3 minutes. If you have 8 periods, that means you save 7 minutes a day. That, and they shortened the periods in general from 46 minutes to 42 minutes, so between all that, you end up saving a nice chunk of time. When they made that changeover, I saved 38 minutes, which is almost a full period.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Gonna be all up in the parade tomorrow

Enjoy... and watch ya'self out there.

(I'm not sayin that to be funny & I aint on no elitist tip when I say that either... you know the deal)

I have to think back to when was the last time I actually went to the labor day parade.... Probably around 2000/01.....

Also, Even though J'ouvert's up the block from the, my black a$$ still will be inside the house.... don't feel like being bothered...

I will say though that the stamina & energy people have to party to through j'ouvert & the labor day parade is somethin else.....

Random thought:

How hard would it be to liberate the internet of bad grammar and trolling?

You may as well advocate for liberating ppl from the internet !

Either way, good luck with that.

Church, Nostrand, Utica, and Flatbush was already looking live last night. Labor Day here we come !

Yeh, when you start seeing the blue barricades lying down along the sidewalks, you know it's that time.....

I was walking on the Wiliamsburg Bridge the other day, some asshat apparently found it fun to fly down the pedestrian ramp on his bike. There's a whole bike ramp on the Williamsburg end, clearly marked.

I was already walking down the middle of the ramp, I half-consciously moved the the side, if I didn't I really dunno if that biker dude could have safely avoided me.

Yeah, you gotta watch them on the williamsburg bridge.... the bike riders on that bridge be the main ones ready to curse you out if you're walking in the bike lane, but they also feel entitled to ride their asses on the pedestrian side also.... of the 3 brooklyn-manhattan bridges, williamsburg is the worst when it comes to how fast the bike riders are riding..... I don't know which bridge I hate walking more; the willy B or the brooklyn (that's more due to so many dam ppl (mainly tourists) takin pics or w/e.... but them bike riders be flying on that bridge also).....

You like that? Back in 6th grade I hated it. Since I had two classes with the same teacher he used that as an excuse to not give a passing period.

Double periods I didn't mind..... teachers would usually give you a 10-15 min break b/w classes.... I would just use that time to go chill in the courtyard....

Other classes adjacent (or close enough) to each other though, yeah I didn't like that either.... made it harder for you to cut.... also, you had less time to stop off & do other things you had to do (like go to a guidance counselor's office, use the bathroom, grab a snack, etc... stuff like that)

Edited by B35 via Church