Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find that now taking photographs is just a pain in the A** at times now, and also every time ive taken a photo recently i get a stare or asked " hey what are you doing" is our hobby really that big of a deal ?

also seeing that one of my photos have been stolen and my watermark cropped it really puts a down on things....

i find that now taking photographs is just a pain in the A** at times now, and also every time ive taken a photo recently i get a stare or asked " hey what are you doing" is our hobby really that big of a deal ?

also seeing that one of my photos have been stolen and my watermark cropped it really puts a down on things....

That's photography as a whole, just not transit related.

I don't really care for "hobby-racists" these days. It's a big deal to me, let it be "silly and stupid" to them. It's not illegal and that's that. I'd stand up for my rights as a photographer if I were you. And lately I got my photos stolen and my mark cropped by someone on Facebook and now I use a different mark. It still has my name in the corner but I also put a translucent "©mp" in a random section of the pic. A lot like the way Trevor stamps "ttmg" in a random section of his pics. Harder to crop now!:cool:

I don't really care for "hobby-racists" these days. It's a big deal to me, let it be "silly and stupid" to them. It's not illegal and that's that. I'd stand up for my rights as a photographer if I were you. And lately I got my photos stolen and my mark cropped by someone on Facebook and now I use a different mark. It still has my name in the corner but I also put a translucent "©mp" in a random section of the pic. A lot like the way Trevor stamps "ttmg" in a random section of his pics. Harder to crop now!:cool:

This is kinda why I put my (C) at the top. Sure, it might still be cropped out, but at least it isn't as easy as someone cropping the bottom of the pic. Also I think now on some of my pics, I'm going to add a secondary copyright that blends into the background. That way even if the original at the top is cut out, I'll still have a backup.

This is kinda why I put my (C) at the top. Sure, it might still be cropped out, but at least it isn't as easy as someone cropping the bottom of the pic. Also I think now on some of my pics, I'm going to add a secondary copyright that blends into the background. That way even if the original at the top is cut out, I'll still have a backup.

You know how I prevent my photos from getting taken? I just don't take any worth stealing.

I quit using Facebook. Terrible f**king site.

Only thing that's redeeming about it is that the trolley museum posts photos and news on their page; luckily I can still access it without an account.

Other than e-mails i get about alerts, I hardly use FB either. I don't even post anything there anyway.

I remember around this time last year I took a two-month break from facebook and went completely M.I.A. Since a lot of my fb friends were from my old high school, they were all wondering where I went because I was heavily addicted to it (I only spoke to three people from my old hs during my hiatus, although one random person thought I died :eek:). I came back on in November. I'd say my break helped my addiction somewhat. Now if I want to take a break I won't log on for a few days.

WHOA!!! Isaw a funnel cloud and trees were bending then it started pouring like crazy. The Lightning was insane.

@ForestGlen: Glad I had to do something important to and I missed my last class, they probably would've tried to hold me too. I'm not being held hostage lol. I'm not surprised trees over there are down, those humongous Main st trees. I used to go to school over there. It was a Tornado Warning.

I remember around this time last year I took a two-month break from facebook and went completely M.I.A. Since a lot of my fb friends were from my old high school, they were all wondering where I went because I was heavily addicted to it (I only spoke to three people from my old hs during my hiatus, although one random person thought I died :eek:). I came back on in November. I'd say my break helped my addiction somewhat. Now if I want to take a break I won't log on for a few days.

I was thinking about doing that. For half a week I stopped calling my friends and they were like Damn mike you alive ?

@RR4567 maybe you got me that time BUT I AM NOT letting my photos get stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And what you did kinda defeat the purpose of the pic because I prefer to get the WHOLE vehicle in my pics when able. And I got my eye on the internets ;)

My main addiction are my ipod online games that I need the wifi for. If I can't get a signal, it's like a withdrawal for me. Everything else internet wise [ever since my Florida trip], I can wait and take my time with. Forums like these, I visit more often than my FB account.