39 St Brooklyn Yard & Others

Dan05979

nice:tup:

Thanks

Cool retro looking pics.What year were these pics taken?

thank you 96-97 era

Cool!

My, those tagged trains look terrible.

I did all the graffiti that day, my arm was tired :P

personally I loved the graffiti era it was a mysterious time.

Concourse Yard looks pretty awkward with all those R32s lying around.

Interstingly enough it looked a lot like that as recently as Summer 2008 because of all the R32 Phase IIs that were being stored up there until they could be brought down to 207 for Reef.

Interstingly enough it looked a lot like that as recently as Summer 2008 because of all the R32 Phase IIs that were being stored up there until they could be brought down to 207 for Reef.

Yea, except you could not get close to the yard last summer. I tried to go down there to get photos and I was stopped by property protection. I had gotten in there years ago and the other yard on 1st av when they had some old work cars they were scrapping. The system used to be fun. The MTA should really change their saying: (MTA) The Death of Fun.

Yea, except you could not get close to the yard last summer. I tried to go down there to get photos and I was stopped by property protection. I had gotten in there years ago and the other yard on 1st av when they had some old work cars they were scrapping. The system used to be fun. The MTA should really change their saying: (MTA) The Death of Fun.

Oh I was saying Concourse Yd...I was on the bridge at Bedford Park Blvd last year with a couple people who took photos and no one said anything. I guess it's luck (or lack of luck) of the draw.

As for "the death of fun" it's not just MTA its USA. The nanny state is in full effect and few have really noticed. All in the name of "what's fair" and "protecting the children" and "feeling safe." People have no ba...er, I mean, intestinal fortitude, anymore.

Oh I was saying Concourse Yd...I was on the bridge at Bedford Park Blvd last year with a couple people who took photos and no one said anything. I guess it's luck (or lack of luck) of the draw.

In '08, the yard behind Costco was filled with R16s, R32s, R42, and Redbirds that were being abated before scraping.

These pics ruled, I know I was a child of the 90s, but that "mysteriousness" you speak of was totally there then, and not now. I was 10 years old in '96, and the system seemed like... well, like the Star Wars galaxy or some silly shite. (to use a relevant analogy?) Who knows! Either way, great pictures, my man.

In '08, the yard behind Costco was filled with R16s, R32s, R42, and Redbirds that were being abated before scraping.

Yup, I got some pics of them while my parents were shopping at the costco. It allowed me to take some shots from the Costco parking lot annex without getting me into any problems. [Most of the pics are on nycsubway.]

These pics ruled, I know I was a child of the 90s, but that "mysteriousness" you speak of was totally there then, and not now. I was 10 years old in '96, and the system seemed like... well, like the Star Wars galaxy or some silly shite. (to use a relevant analogy?) Who knows! Either way, great pictures, my man.

Thank you :tup:

Archived