Just a Few from Cortlandt St

R62A 1991

I had to go out very early today. I couldn't find my old camera, so I was forced to use the broken one. These are the pictures that I felt were actually good from them:

102_2134.jpg

102_2138.jpg

102_2139.jpg

102_2140.jpg

102_2141.jpg

102_2144.jpg

102_2145.jpg

102_2142.jpg

I'm very impressed at the station.

Well, about my trip today, since it was my first while on vacation.

The subway did me very well today, even though I changed my plans at the last minute. Minimal problems on the busiest shopping day of the year, on time trains, and trains that worked. I rode 5 lines that used an R160: The (E), (F), (N), (Q), and (W) today, and all of them save for 9608-9612 were working perfectly (this includes the many I gave up while waiting for an R42 (V) train that I knew probably wouldn't show up but I gave a chance ultimately). Also, I got some rides on the PA-5s on every line except HOB-WTC on the PATH. Again, smooth rides & nice conductors I might add. The (R) was even good for me today, and I found the value of dual (3) & (4) service before rush hour begins on Livonia (I got out at 6:09 this morning). And, Wednesday & Today, every (2) I saw had a (2) stripmap and every (5) a (5) stripmap, even with midday (5) service increasing the chances of those cars switching (I'm sure there are still some mixed up ones, but the majority I saw, on the respective line). Cortlandt St looks awesome, and although I didn't catch an R42 (or the R32 (Q) if it was out there), I was glad to know at least the R160s running were working much better than when I last rode them over the summer. I didn't get ANY shopping done because of the PA-5s & the non-existent R42, but that's okay with me. At least I had a great, unexpected, slight-railfanning day. The only thing that could have made this better is if I had a camera that I could see what I'm taking a picture of.

One more thing: I made it over the bridge in record time today. Only 8 and a half minutes from Canal to Pacific on an R160 (N). That T/O was pushing the timers to their limits, I've never gone that fast over the bridge or through Gold St before. That made it even better since I gave up the (4) for the (N) at Lex-59th, hoping I'd save time to get back home. And the Livonia stations are keeping up their paint. Hope you had a good day today as well.

Archived