Areas You Would Like to Railfan More in 2010

R32 3348

Post up areas you think you haven't tried enough and will be giving more coverage to in 2010. I'll start off with my own list:

• The White Plains Road Line (2)(5)
  • Dyre Line (5)
  • Lenox Line (3)
  • Fulton Line (A)(C)
  • 8th Avenue North of 125th St. (A)(:P©(D)
  • Concourse Line (:)(D)
  • Jerome Line (4)
  • Brooklyn IRT (2)(3)(4)(5)
  • West End Line (D)
  • Crosstown Line (G)

- The Dyre Line (5)

It's a rather big list, but a year is much longer than you think. What do you guys want to get done in 2010?

Where will I go ride for fun?

(R) and (V) I should hop on more often, and ride in their entirety.

(C) is also in my list because I rarely hop on that line, also in entirety.

I keep thinking of riding on the (G) to avoid Manhattan, maybe I'll give this line a shot.

That's basically it for me.

I've been to about 95% of the Washington Metro stations. I haven't been to Branch Avenue or Huntington (I've seen every other WMATA terminal).

I haven't really explored the Ronkonkoma Branch. If I ever have the guts then I'll do the Greenport Scoot. I want to go to Montauk but it is logistically impossible (even on a weekday).

I've been to every subway station except Franklin-New Lots on the (3). That won't change anytime soon.

If the M8's arrive in 2010 then I'll take a ride to New Haven

After being everywhere in the system...it's sometimes really hard to work up a desire to go back to certain places, unless of course, you love a specific area.

That being said, I'm sticking to my side of the pond. That means East New York, Jamaica, Far Rockaway, everything east of Atlantic Av-Pacific St. I find myself venturing out of my ENY just to railfan other areas, when there's the only IRT elevated in Brooklyn 2 blocks from me. So, for 2010, my areas are: Livonia, Eastern Pkwy, Nostrand Av, basically the Brooklyn IRT the most often of them all, the Jamaica EL, the Pitkin Av local stations, the Liberty Av EL, and the Rockaways. During my vacations, I'm going to try and take one or two stations at a time, and really photograph them. I may venture out to the Bronx one or two times for the <6>, which is my absolute favorite part-time express, but I'm mostly going to stick to these areas. I'm going to try and stay away from the BMT Brooklyn lines, because I go there way too often. Time to give the east side of Brooklyn & west side of Queens some love for 2010.

I've been to every subway station except Franklin-New Lots on the (3). That won't change anytime soon.

There's nothing wrong with the (3). Just go during the day and walk to the next train across the platform at New Lots. That way you won't even need to leave the platforms. Just don't make yourself a target. How do you know the area is bad? It's just in your mind. I've been to those stations a few times and nothing happened to me.

=

Anyway, I've covered Brighton a lot recently and also a bit of Culver. I think overall I'm done with Brooklyn. I'll probably need to go back to the Bronx again [already took care of the 4], but will probably want to redo the (1), (2)/(5), and (6) lines.

I've been waiting for next year for the Norfolk Tide to open. I used to go to college thetre, and the rail will pass right by with an elevated station over an old frieght ROW.

It was supposed to be in Jan (and I have vacation), but it doesn't seem quite ready yet.

There's nothing wrong with the (3). Just go during the day and walk to the next train across the platform at New Lots. That way you won't even need to leave the platforms. Just don't make yourself a target. How do you know the area is bad? It's just in your mind. I've been to those stations a few times and nothing happened to me.

Don't waste your time...

Anyway I think I need to cover that very area myself. I almost never go out there at the end of the (3) line. Rarely cover the (G). The (6) probably could use more coverage and I almost never see pics of the (R).

Phil you're wasting your time...its like talking to a brick wall and expecting the wall to answer!

Bronx/Upper Manhattan IRT except the (2)(5).

Brooklyn IRT East of Franklin.

Concourse.

Canarsie.

Jamaica.

Whats wrong with the (2)(5)?!

And i bet people are putting WPR/Dyre, but then hardly anyone will wind up visiting my line.. Even bronx lines, except pelhams Whitlock and (1) lines 125th St, But idc..

Anyways.. West End and Brighton of course.. And yes MY WPR/DYRE ALWAYS!! But.. I wanna do more then this NYCT which gets boring..

Amtrak, MNCRR, SIRTOA and LIRR!!!:tup::tup::tup:

Oh yeah, I forgot about railroads. For LIRR I want to explore the Main Line at areas like Woodside (I know a really good photo op near there outside the system from a couple of years ago - I have to investigate to see if it's still there) and Forest Hills. For MNRR, aside from the portal near my school I can take shots at Grand Central, 125th, and in the Bronx too. I can probably venture out on the New Haven line sometime next year too...

Whats wrong with the (2)(5)?!

And i bet people are putting WPR/Dyre, but then hardly anyone will wind up visiting my line.. Even bronx lines, except pelhams Whitlock and (1) lines 125th St, But idc..

Anyways.. West End and Brighton of course.. And yes MY WPR/DYRE ALWAYS!! But.. I wanna do more then this NYCT which gets boring..

Amtrak, MNCRR, SIRTOA and LIRR!!!:tup::tup::tup:

lol chill out. >__> I've been there, liked it. Was just listing lines that I want to visit.

Maybe this coming year I'll go on the (4) and the (6) all the way t the end in the Bronx. Chances are though I won't get up there unless I actually need to. Maybe I'll get the the rest of Metro North seeing as I have done the whole New Haven line many times.

Maybe this coming year I'll go on the (4) and the (6) all the way t the end in the Bronx. Chances are though I won't get up there unless I actually need to. Maybe I'll get the the rest of Metro North seeing as I have done the whole New Haven line many times.

Will this be your first time riding the IRT? ;)

Will this be your first time riding the IRT? ;)

Nope, as I have taken the Low-Vs up the (2) line before, The Dyer Line was an IND route in the 40's and 50's, the (7) feels more like an old "EL" line, and I have ridden the IRT in the City and Brooklyn. Theres no reason for me to go to the Bronx and the lines don't hold much of an interest aside from the Concourse Line.

Sadly so... :Sigh: dunno why he's so afraid of the area...

Plenty of people ride the (3) out of New Lots every day and i'm sure they're all still kicking. I don't get much time to buff, but i'm certainly open to the idea of venturing out that way...haven't ridden all of the A division yet.

Archived