DBNA Orion 07.501 NextGen Hybrids #4631-4655

The Real

OK, new conflicting reports. #4631-4655 are now floaters and there is 3 possible depots they may pop up at. LGA, UP or JFK.

So we'll see in the coming week where 4631 pops up at. Keep your eyes peeled in these three depots.

I hope its UP, its fellow RTS-Country depot JAM got em so why not. Personally I don't see why JFK will need them.

Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is JFK though since they want to make the ex-GBL depots more enviromently friendly. Plus I don't know how much longer some of those O5s have. Some of them probably could be retired.

JFK only has 12-14 buses that need to be retired so some buses could be displaced there if needed. It would make sense if UP got them but 25 is a pretty small allotment...it's better than nothing though.

BTW Trevor, this thread is better off in the Orion 7 NG thread...

I would be surprised if it is Ulmer Park; if it was that garage, they would already have had an O7 NG from Flatbush or Grand Avenue for training. I suspect that it will end up being JFK Depot.

If it's 1-for-1, JFK could retire all pre-1997 buses AND send about 10 O5s to Far Rockaway (or 10 O7 first generation units) to FR to retire the TMCs there. This should finish TMCs at MTA Bus...and if not, then when CAS gets its final batch after this 4631-4655 batch, that should finish all of the TMCs from the MTA roster.

Ulmer? That's going to be really interesting if they get NGs. I'll keep my eyes out for them [mainly the B6 and b3].

Agreed.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is JFK though since they want to make the ex-GBL depots more enviromently friendly. Plus I don't know how much longer some of those O5s have. Some of them probably could be retired.

That would be a travesty if JFK got those NGs. From the way things have been, its like JFK & LGA are battling out for the title of "Worst Depot In MTA Bus"

Like state above, two NGs were at UP about a week ago testing for fitting in the Wash and Maintenance Areas. So there is a consideration for these buses to go to UP.

So like I said in the OP, its a toss up between the three, remember this order has had its assignment change 2 times already. So anything is possible.

Yeah but 105 are designated for MTA Bus, so... Unless UP has secrectly switched brands...

That doesn't mean anything, MTA changes their mines like we change our underwear.

Remember how many times they changed the R160 assignments? Remember how one batch of NGs was suppose to go to TA garage but ended up at LGA (LGA's first batch of NGs). Remember Spring Creeks batch got reassigned TO JFK (So JFK has its allotment already). And with the changing of the assignment of the LFSAs (35 to GH, 55 to 126th, and now that's being changed (keep in mind MTAB is slated for Artics)).

So again, we'll keep watch, but I was told by a VERY reliable source that 4631-4655 MAY ended up at UP depending on how those two test buses did when they went over there. So all I ask is that people keep their eyes peeled at the three facilities to see where 4631 shows up at.

my opinion, just wait until these buses appear when they actually appear. wheather its JFK, Ulmer Park, LGA, Baisley Park or wherever, we really cant say where those NG's are going to be until we actually see it happen. The (MTA) does random changes at random times, so we just gonna have to wait and see.

That doesn't mean anything, MTA changes their mines like we change our underwear.

Remember how many times they changed the R160 assignments? Remember how one batch of NGs was suppose to go to TA garage but ended up at LGA (LGA's first batch of NGs). Remember Spring Creeks batch got reassigned TO JFK (So JFK has its allotment already). And with the changing of the assignment of the LFSAs (35 to GH, 55 to 126th, and now that's being changed (keep in mind MTAB is slated for Artics)).

So again, we'll keep watch, but I was told by a VERY reliable source that 4631-4655 MAY ended up at UP depending on how those two test buses did when they went over there. So all I ask is that people keep their eyes peeled at the three facilities to see where 4631 shows up at.

The LFSA assignments got changed. Are you serious? What are the assignments now?

Archived