Preview of new M8 cars

trainfan22

Its not working for me even with the removed extra http:(

Try this link http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2400785460102930895DsINtT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those cars look like a japanese train and M7 making love and they didn't use a condom.

Even though I don't know too much about Metro-North's railroad operations except that they have a Few MU Cars and some Genesis locomotives P32ACDM locomotives I believe all I can say is that I don't like those cars at all. Great Photo by the way.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know which line it's going to start running on?

The Kawasaki M8 cars will replace the aging M2 fleet (built by GE) and operating since the early 70s. The M8 cars will run on the New Haven Line. Ya see the catenary system on the roof?

It will also run on 3rd rail to get into GCT. They are perhaps the most expensive MU rail cars ever built. ~$2.2 Million each!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

wanting to be a rail car desgner, ive found someone whos designs inspire me since our styles are similar. This person is Cesar Vergara. He designed the Genisis and NJTs pl42s, worked on X2000 and the new NJT coaches. but i must say, the new M8s, WTF???

Thats it. Im gonna start working on the M10!

I thought SEPTA's subway looked bad. But yeah... At least you have variety in your subways. We have three subway routes (8 if you count the trollies) but only three fleets of trains:

Kawaski LRV's for 10,11,13,34,& 36

Kawaski B-IV's for the BSL and BRS

and Adtranz M4's for the MFL

I wish we had a little more variety here in Philly

I thought SEPTA's subway looked bad. But yeah... At least you have variety in your subways. We have three subway routes (8 if you count the trollies) but only three fleets of trains:

Kawaski LRV's for 10,11,13,34,& 36

Kawaski B-IV's for the BSL and BRS

and Adtranz M4's for the MFL

I wish we had a little more variety here in Philly

actually DJ, those M8 cars are for MTA Metro North Railroad. not our subways. Metro North and the Long Island are our version of your Regional Rail. Like the R7, R1, etc....

Archived