R160 (D)!!!+extras!

2 Train Master

I went out2day and omfg I saw a R160 (D) @Herald Sq but I missed it but caught upto it at Coney Island.

IMG00326.jpg

This is a mobile pic via sidekick,I have some more pics and vids on my camera but I'm not home I'll probably be home 2morrow or Sunday and I'll upload the pics n vids.But I spoke2 a C/R and he said it ran all nite and wen it arrived @C.I around 12:20 or so it was reassigned an F.It was a R160B-2 car #9888 I think.But I'll have some more media later.Enjoy!!

Honestly idk,but C/R said it ran all night I guess it was for extra service to keep it outta tha snow b\c they had several (B)'s layed up on the Concourse Express track,but shit 160 ran all nite!!

Damn! I wonder if it is running thru the Weekend if it is... I wanna catch it in the Bronx! A Norwood one since its always CI.. But wat ever

Great Catch!

Yea it was my fault yesterday I walked to the 4 train @ Bedford Pk and I was there till 10:25 so if I got to C.I like 12:15 it had to leave like 10:45-10:55am so if I did take the D I would had probably seen it going uptown at my stop Kingsbridge.I was like damn @ C.I but I'll get the pics n vids uploaded a bit later,I already noe some ppl think this is a fraud b\c many ppl would be foaming to death like how I was.

Nice catch!

OMG, is this a test?:eek:

Most likely not. It's not a sign of things to come or anything, it may have been put into service because of yard conditions (this was the day of the storm), or something else that we don't know.

Yea it was my fault yesterday I walked to the 4 train @ Bedford Pk and I was there till 10:25 so if I got to C.I like 12:15 it had to leave like 10:45-10:55am so if I did take the D I would had probably seen it going uptown at my stop Kingsbridge.I was like damn @ C.I but I'll get the pics n vids uploaded a bit later,I already noe some ppl think this is a fraud b\c many ppl would be foaming to death like how I was.

We don't think it's a fraud since R160 (D)'s (mostly reroutes) have been spotted before. You don't have any reason to lie...

Thats a new set also but I was gonna say it went up to Concourse Yard for a wash but hell no not in the snow b\c snow leaves marks as it can be seen on cars,buses etc*water*.But it was nice to see a NTT on the (D).They would make the Concourse lines faster but I rather the (:) get em than the (D).

DSCF6731.jpg

Thats a new set also but I was gonna say it went up to Concourse Yard for a wash but hell no not in the snow b\c snow leaves marks as it can be seen on cars,buses etc*water*.But it was nice to see a NTT on the (D).They would make the Concourse lines faster but I rather the (B) get em than the (D).

DSCF6731.jpg

This shot is taken from the F line, 6 track.

Thats a new set also but I was gonna say it went up to Concourse Yard for a wash but hell no not in the snow b\c snow leaves marks as it can be seen on cars,buses etc*water*.But it was nice to see a NTT on the (D).They would make the Concourse lines faster but I rather the (B) get em than the (D).

DSCF6731.jpg

Nice catch and great shot!

Thx for the comments,but the best thing 4 u if u wanna catch a R160 (D) is if the (N) runs via West End its ur best bet b\c likely the C/R or T/O will change2 sign to avoid confusion but in this case it wasn't from the N that was a high number 9888.But thx 4 the comments!

I didn't really notice any ads b\c I was foaming to maximum death lol and trynna get some pics.

If u wanna catch a 160 D u gotta time it perfect.When R160's go to Concourse yard for a Car Wash most likely they'll put in service S/B if its a Siemens it'll run and be signed up as a D and then probably layup on the N or Q at C.I and if its Alstom set same as Siemens but it'll likely layup as a F,N or Q.But that's the best chance b\c 9.5/10 they'll put in service after the wash b\c its no point sending an empty train all the way2 C.I ya noe

Archived