Raises

Jojobus

I've been with the company for over 30 years and EVERY time contract comes up, they cry they're broke.

Those who are working need to realize it's really good to be working and stop crying about raises. Just plain spoiled.

Those who are working need to realize it's really good to be working and stop crying about raises. Just plain spoiled.

Which anti union newspaper do you write for? Guys like you make me sick. As if having a job is our fault for the economic conditions that exist in this country. We are all wage slaves for life.

Let me tell you something Mr. Rich man.

I am sick and tired of people like you taking the attitude that we should shut up and take whatever they give us. If it were up to you, we'd all lose our homes and live in a tent city. We are struggling middle class workers. If Bloomberg gets his latest water increase "request" my water bill will be up 48.5% in 4 years. It was announced that Con Ed will get 4-4-4 over the next 3 years.

And I'm supposed to get by with no raise? While NYCT has big shots making 6 figure salaries at 130 Lvingston, 180 Livingston, 2 Broadway, 347 Madision, and so many other places.

We are not your slave.

Let me tell you something Mr. Rich man.

I am sick and tired of people like you taking the attitude that we should shut up and take whatever they give us. If it were up to you, we'd all lose our homes and live in a tent city. We are struggling middle class workers. If Bloomberg gets his latest water increase "request" my water bill will be up 48.5% in 4 years. It was announced that Con Ed will get 4-4-4 over the next 3 years.

And I'm supposed to get by with no raise? While NYCT has big shots making 6 figure salaries at 130 Lvingston, 180 Livingston, 2 Broadway, 347 Madision, and so many other places.

We are not your slave.

To all the loud mouths with jobs:

"Mr Rich Man" is not working. ON the 8006 list. Get the point? That's why I'd be happy where I am. I pay the same damn increases and struggle even more on unemployment. So let's talk about getting by.

I know the forum is not to debate back and forth. We all need to vent, especially those out of work 6 months and can't take $10/hr jobs.

"Mr Rich Man" is not working. ON the 8006 list. Get the point? That's why I'd be happy where I am. I pay the same damn increases and struggle even more on unemployment. So let's talk about getting by.

I know the forum is not to debate back and forth. We all need to vent, especially those out of work 6 months and can't take $10/hr jobs.

So because you're currently unemployed, current transit workers aren't entitled to raises?

I sincerely hope you do get hired. Soon. After a couple of years and you get established, busting your ass everyday, working all sorts of crazy hours and days off, losing a relationship with your family, not knowing what a holiday is, operating buses with the same defects over and over and over that NEVER get repaired, unable to find a place to take a piss, culminating with constant verbal abuse from the passengers, come back telling me you don't deserve a raise.

I feel sorry for you in that you are so angry with the world because you don't have a job. Frankly I'd feel the same way as you right now. With that said, I'm done with you.

FDBGUY , no offense , but you're a douche. Your attitude is exactly what is wrong with this country. Everyone b*tching and moaning and crying when someone has a little more than they have. I don't have to forgo a pay raise because you're out of a job. I didn't cause you to lose your last job and neither did the TWU or the MTA. I don't have to be grateful for my job because I work hard and maintain my employment by coming in every day and doing what I get paid to do. I also waited over 3 years on the list to get the job , like you're waiting right now. If you do get hired you'll be singing a different tune when some crybaby tells you what you're trying to tell us now. When times are good people look at civil servants like they're sh*t , yet when times are bad and we're looking good then guys like you hate on us. Instead of whining on here , spend the day with a newspaper checking out the want ads. We earn the pay we make , we're not freeloaders. Maybe I should tell you how lucky you are to be getting unemployment and that you should be grateful you're getting a check mailed to you each week while you probably sit on your a*s and pretend you're looking for work. Big baby.

So just because your out of work, it means that hard working people should not get a raise? I guess everyone should suffer because your out of work.

Let me know what its like when you grow up hungry..

Wear hand me downs...

Work for minimum wage for a few years...

Out of work for nearly two years, (and you whining about 6 Months?)then bust yer balls delivering newspapers everyday of the week with NO health benifits none because unemployment didnt even cover my rent. So i had no choice but to do that but i sucked it up and dealt with it.

Things are tough i know this but you arent the only one who got problems, I like my job and enjoy working but you need to just chill and stop generalizing..

Any raise my Union is able to get for me i worked for it oh and im not "Rich" either....

every one please stop fighting all of u put ur breaks on. now i gotta say sumthing i`m on the waiting list to for the bus and the train conductor for 8006 bus my list # 3,514 2901 mabstoa bus list # 1,894 and conductor 8,195 i got a 89.33 on it. I do have a job i work for access a ride out of staten island on richmond terrace company mvp and since i`m on probation for 90 days which i started feb 1st. i`m making 11 dollars an hour and i`m not getting 40 hours work week every week i`ll get 35 29 30 or 37 hours a week may be 40 a week of work but after my probation is up i get 12 dollars an hour and after that if i`m there for 5 years my top pay is 16 dollars an hour and i do have a union which is 707 and theres another union 1181 whcih is trying to get in so 707 and 1181 are in a law suit with each other. i`m happy i have sumthing but right now i can get in to a school bus comapny and they start at more then 11 like 14 or 15 dollars an hour and the top pay for them is like 22 0r 25 dollars an hour after 5 years. honestly i think mta should have full control of access a ride have a city test for it title it access a ride para transit bus and car oparator. and have the same pay as the mta does

every one please stop fighting all of u put ur breaks on. now i gotta say sumthing i`m on the waiting list to for the bus and the train conductor for 8006 bus my list # 3,514 2901 mabstoa bus list # 1,894 and conductor 8,195 i got a 89.33 on it. I do have a job i work for access a ride out of staten island on richmond terrace company mvp and since i`m on probation for 90 days which i started feb 1st. i`m making 11 dollars an hour and i`m not getting 40 hours work week every week i`ll get 35 29 30 or 37 hours a week may be 40 a week of work but after my probation is up i get 12 dollars an hour and after that if i`m there for 5 years my top pay is 16 dollars an hour and i do have a union which is 707 and theres another union 1181 whcih is trying to get in so 707 and 1181 are in a law suit with each other. i`m happy i have sumthing but right now i can get in to a school bus comapny and they start at more then 11 like 14 or 15 dollars an hour and the top pay for them is like 22 0r 25 dollars an hour after 5 years. honestly i think mta should have full control of access a ride have a city test for it title it access a ride para transit bus and car oparator. and have the same pay as the mta does

What does this have to do with the discussion here?

I think the (MTA) should have full control of Access A Ride have a city test for it title it access a ride para transit bus and car oparator. and have the same pay as the mta does
I agree with you and that might happen in the near future not that I know for sure it just may take as long as the PBL takeover as they are planning on curtailing operations with the up coming service changes what I do know is that they truely do waste money on contracted services such as Access A Ride which could and can be handled inhouse IMO Access A Ride is what takes a major chunk out of their operating cost from what I know they have 17 Contracted companies to provide this service I for one would like to know how it balloned that much what they do is cancel contracts have companies close then they get up starts which makes no sense like MVP basically replaced RJR out on Staten Island just have other companies handle the case load

there was a suggestion that Access A Ride be spread across the Bus Division that being ParaTransit Operator positions at TA,OA, and BC no need for LIB as theirs is already an inhouse service

the vehicles are Transit owned the only problem that is presented is if they did bring it inhouse where would they house the vehicles

So because you're currently unemployed, current transit workers aren't entitled to raises?

I sincerely hope you do get hired. Soon. After a couple of years and you get established, busting your ass everyday, working all sorts of crazy hours and days off, losing a relationship with your family, not knowing what a holiday is, operating buses with the same defects over and over and over that NEVER get repaired, unable to find a place to take a piss, culminating with constant verbal abuse from the passengers, come back telling me you don't deserve a raise.

I feel sorry for you in that you are so angry with the world because you don't have a job. Frankly I'd feel the same way as you right now. With that said, I'm done with you.

I won't jump on him, cause when I was working at Campus Coach making 11hr, and you all wanted raises, I had a job, and was singing a tune like him. All it took was the first day line training as a B/O, that I sang like someone being water-boarded. I confessed all we were saying at those coach companies, and apologized to the B/O who was training me (it was broad apology to all the MTA employees), and said this job is worth $35 -40hr. You all deserved more than you all was asking for. All cause some lazy ass customer, came up to my face, cause he didn't walk to the only place I could stop (207 St. in Bx12 layover spot) due to to many Bx12 buses being closer to Isham St., took a cab to 231st (I was doing the Bx7), gets out and asking me how am I going to get him his money back. You want to really, really, kill an idiot like that, but here you must take the abuse, as per MTA rules. That was the day I went from a good person, to f-em all...........

Being a B/O, followed by a C/R (they have the least protection from the public), will make anyone realize that MTA doesn't pay enough for the crap we have to put up with. We carry the most people in the country, 24hrs a day, 365 day a year, but some titles make less than other cities/counties in the USA. Really sad.........

As I usually say Michael J Quill and Jimmy Hoffa are turning in their graves TWU Local 100 was reduceded to nothing thanx to roger so anything that the union can get for it's members is deserved we are some hard working men and women sometimes dealing with the undesireables and strong armed management

now to play devils advocate I think you should take the show on over to the Railroads and start screeming at the engineers who don't carry as much of a crush load that we do in the City but top out at $38 and change an hour

now to play devils advocate I think you should take the show on over to the Railroads and start screeming at the engineers who don't carry as much of a crush load that we do in the City but top out at $38 and change an hour

$38.91hr, carrying 10 times less than we do at NYCTA. I spoke to a C/R from LIRR, who is taking the L/E exam. Those who work in the yard have scheduled moves, and if the Railroad needs them to do another, they get paid 2 + 1, and it goes up for every extra move. Here you can get a laundry list, but you still get your same hourly rate. That's it. Time for me to send in another resume to LIRR.......

$38.91hr, carrying 10 times less than we do at NYCTA. I spoke to a C/R from LIRR, who is taking the L/E exam. Those who work in the yard have scheduled moves, and if the Railroad needs them to do another, they get paid 2 + 1, and it goes up for every extra move. Here you can get a laundry list, but you still get your same hourly rate. That's it. Time for me to send in another resume to LIRR.......
That is just wrong Subways should have parity disgusting how these things play out

Archived