R142A should be on the (3)

R32 3838

Okay, I was thinking about this, I like the R142A's but they deserve to be on the (3) rather than the (4), Originaly the (3) was supposed to get the R142/R142A's but because of Politics, they went to the (4). The (3) would be Nice if it had both R62's an R142A's.

But What do you Think?

And Please can a Mod Put a Poll.

You can Also Vote.

One class of equipment is better because the barn doesn't have to stock different spare parts. Plus, the 3 is not a 24/7 line, so better to run the old stuff there as they get less mileage.

True, It does make sence but The R142A's on the (4) get treated like they are part time trains, yesterday I was shocked to see so many R142A's out on the (4), On weekends I aways cacth R142's on the (4) on the weekends.

One class of equipment is better because the barn doesn't have to stock different spare parts. Plus, the 3 is not a 24/7 line, so better to run the old stuff there as they get less mileage.

What about the (5)? It doesn't run the full-length of its route at night yet it still has the new trains. I am aware though that the (5) does OPTO at night which is why it had 20 cars of Pelham's R62As from last decade (damn, it's been that long) so I understand the use of it on the (5) but why not the (3) with the exceptions of G.O.'s?

Having my home line be the (3), I think I can understand why we were "demoted" to the R62s (as some put it). We had the newest cars in the '90s, the R62As (although they were only 9-car trains), the (4) had redbirds to replace (maybe, only maybe that was the reason). But, I think the (3) having a unified fleet has always been its strong point, then and now. Of course, it would be nice to ride an NTT on the (3), but they serve a nice purpose on the (4): refilling it with reliable and new trains, all NTTs now (I have yet to see an R62A on the (4) although they were apparently transferred to Jerome). So, although the R142As are my favorite NTT, I think the (4) and (6) can keep 'em.

Let me put it this way: the (3) for a number of years ran 9-car trains and then they finally ran 10-car trains due to the R142/As filling the ranks. The (3) is not as heavily demanding compared to the (2)/(4)/(5) lines. Plus sending the R62s to the (3) gives the R62s less 'stress' and hopefully prolongs their lives.

So currently where all the trains are makes perfect sense.

As for the (5), it shares the Flatbush terminal with the (2), which means they might change trains on a whim. So: why not the (5)? Also I'm going to guess the (2) is using some of those trains from the (5) when it runs local late at night.

Let me put it this way: the (3) for a number of years ran 9-car trains and then they finally ran 10-car trains due to the R142/As filling the ranks. The (3) is not as heavily demanding compared to the (2)/(4)/(5) lines. Plus sending the R62s to the (3) gives the R62s less 'stress' and hopefully prolongs their lives.

So currently where all the trains are makes perfect sense.

The way I see it, the (3) went full-length after the September 11th. I swear, after my dad and I started taking the trains again after the WTC attacks I remember riding a full-length (3) train.

The (3) runs from 148 street to Times Square at night. And while you're right about the barn, that has not stopped the (MTA) from having yards with multiple fleets running, like Livonia which also stores the R142/As from the (2)(4) and (5) along with the (3)s R62s.

The (3) runs from 148 street to Times Square at night. And while you're right about the barn, that has not stopped the (MTA) from having yards with multiple fleets running, like Livonia which also stores the R142/As from the (2)(4) and (5) along with the (3)s R62s.

Yup, That's true.

I could had sworn the (3) ran 24/7.But what the heck the (3) with R142A's would look nice but if you take em all off the (4) I wouldn't like it b\c I need 2 hear a train with good propulsion the R142's are Loud the HVAC are like crazy*lol* but they still barrel on the <4> Bronx Exp,up & down Lex but I don't mind the (4) giving the R142A's to the (3) 7695-7730.But I really want the (2) to get R142A's they look good last time I saw that was back in April '09.I think it was 4/12 saw it at 3 Av.The (6) is full of R142A's let em give em up the 6 service is excellent when nothing is wrong I mean they come like every minute or 2.R142A's should had went to the (1),(2) or (4).They deserve to be on these lines in my opinion.

The (3) does run 24/7 but only from Harlem to TSQ. Also I wouldn't put NTTs on the (3). Its only 2 boros it runs on, compared to (2)(5)(4).

Can livonia handle repairs for NTT? Or no? Seeing 180th can.

I wonder whats gonna happen to the IRT cars when the (7) goes NTT!

Actually the (3) is just one borough.

I could had sworn the (3) ran 24/7.But what the heck the (3) with R142A's would look nice but if you take em all off the (4) I wouldn't like it b\c I need 2 hear a train with good propulsion the R142's are Loud the HVAC are like crazy*lol* but they still barrel on the <4> Bronx Exp,up & down Lex but I don't mind the (4) giving the R142A's to the (3) 7695-7730.But I really want the (2) to get R142A's they look good last time I saw that was back in April '09.I think it was 4/12 saw it at 3 Av.The (6) is full of R142A's let em give em up the 6 service is excellent when nothing is wrong I mean they come like every minute or 2.R142A's should had went to the (1),(2) or (4).They deserve to be on these lines in my opinion.

What does a 'good propulsion sound' have to do with anything? If the train runs fine, who cares?

And why should the (6) give up its trains? The (3) is a part time line, it doesn't need the NTTs.

The (1) has a set north-south terminal. If the (9) was still around, then yes they could've used the R142s, but the (6) has an express component and has two terminals. That's why it makes more sense for the (6) to have them and not the (1).

What does a 'good propulsion sound' have to do with anything? If the train runs fine, who cares?

And why should the (6) give up its trains? The (3) is a part time line, it doesn't need the NTTs.

The (1) has a set north-south terminal. If the (9) was still around, then yes they could've used the R142s, but the (6) has an express component and has two terminals. That's why it makes more sense for the (6) to have them and not the (1).

how is it one boro if it runs from Manhattan to kings.

The (3) does run 24/7 but only from Harlem to TSQ. Also I wouldn't put NTTs on the (3). Its only 2 boros it runs on, compared to (2)(5)(4).

Can livonia handle repairs for NTT? Or no? Seeing 180th can.

I wonder whats gonna happen to the IRT cars when the (7) goes NTT!

I thought the (3) ran 24/7 I knew I wasn't bugging B).Ok so what its a 2boro run the (E) runs NTT and that's a 2boro run,So does the (L),(Q),(W).As far as lines with NTT's.But its not a short run for the (3) it starts at the cut of the northeast part of Manhattan b\c the bridge to the Bronx is right there about a block or so away.But if this ever happens the (3) will be fine with R142A's.Kawasaki R62's run great so does the 142A's and they're both ass kickers so.I remember I caught a R142A (5) that ran from Bowling Green to 149 St Grand Concourse had the (4) train strip map.

How is the (3) a part time line unless you mean to Brooklyn otherwise it runs 24/7 from 148 to 42nd St.Part time from 42nd to Bklyn.The propulsion matters to me b\c I'm a buff and I enjoy the R142A's propulsion its music to my ears+ I don't want the (4) all 142's b\c I don't wanna hear loud as HVAC my whole trip.

Now the (6) I understand it has an express that runs from 1pm to about 8:30pm and am rush but not all those cars are used they're literally back2 back on Lex every minute or so and most of em are empty after 103rd St.They have excess cars so why not share em.

Good propulsion sound only has to do with what someone likes versus another propulsion type. Same as liking R-44s for the silver paint stripe. B)

I don't see why there would be any change in A Division car assignments until the (7) gets those additional B-cars (as some refer to as R-188s) if that is even in the works. There doesn't seem any need to change things around otherwise.

How is the (3) a part time line unless you mean to Brooklyn otherwise it runs 24/7 from 148 to 42nd St.Part time from 42nd to Bklyn.The propulsion matters to me b\c I'm a buff and I enjoy the R142A's propulsion its music to my ears+ I don't want the (4) all 142's b\c I don't wanna hear loud as HVAC my whole trip.

Now the (6) I understand it has an express that runs from 1pm to about 8:30pm and am rush but not all those cars are used they're literally back2 back on Lex every minute or so and most of em are empty after 103rd St.They have excess cars so why not share em.

Ok, let's try to look at things from a LOGICAL point of view: normal people don't care about propulsion sounds. They only care the train takes them to where they need to go.

The (3) late at night does not go all the way into Brooklyn, the (4) replaces the (3) from Atlantic Av to New Lots. That's why the (3) is a part time line or more or less a 'shuttle' like the Dyre (5) late night shuttle.

I've already listed why the (1) doesn't need the R142As, while the (6) does. What is that supposed to mean 'excess cars'? They are there for the rush hours when trains are packed [all you have to do is ride the (6) for the am rush and you'll see they are hardly empty]. Why move trains around just to suit your 'foaming'? Could it be that maybe those trains in the yard are spares for if the trains currently running needs to be replaced due to problems?

Ok, let's try to look at things from a LOGICAL point of view: normal people don't care about propulsion sounds. They only care the train takes them to where they need to go.

I've already listed why the (1) doesn't need the R142As, while the (6) does. What is that supposed to mean 'excess cars'? They are there for the rush hours when trains are packed. Why move trains around just to suit your 'foaming'? Could it be that maybe those trains in the yard are spares for if the trains currently running needs to be replaced due to problems?

The (3) late at night does not go all the way into Brooklyn, the (4) replaces the (3) from Atlantic Av to New Lots. That's why the (3) is a part time line or more or less a 'shuttle' like the Dyre (5) late night shuttle.

That doesnt mean it isn't a full time. Its Part time south of 42nd but north of it its full time. Even if its a shuttle.

The (5) is part time south of 180th but north its full time.

(R) part time north of 36th/4th ave. Part time between 36 and 59th/4th[Due to stations skipped northbound] and full time south of 59th

Good propulsion sound only has to do with what someone likes versus another propulsion type. Same as liking R-44s for the silver paint stripe. B)

I don't see why there would be any change in A Division car assignments until the (7) gets those additional B-cars (as some refer to as R-188s) if that is even in the works. There doesn't seem any need to change things around otherwise.

Exactly, I like some trains too, but at least try to make some sense than just 'liking the train sound' as a reason.

R142As from the (6) are the ones most likely to go to the (7) if/when the R188s come. That would be so the (7) can use CBTC like the (L). And then the R62As on the (7) would then go back to the (6). So that's another reason why there's no point in moving trains around at the moment.

To clarify, the (3) started runinning full lenth after 9/21/01 because the platform in 148th Street was rebuilt to hold 10 car trains.

Oh, okay then. It's just ironic that it happened after September 11th, so yeah...I thought it had something to do with extra trains...the (3) only ran in Manhattan at that time during the day anyway.

To clarify, the (3) started runinning full lenth after 9/21/01 because the platform in 148th Street was rebuilt to hold 10 car trains.

They never rebuilt 148th, its always been 10 cars since it first open for station. If im correcr. But i do remembe in 2001 it was 10 car acceptable..

Archived