R142A should be on the (3)

R32 3838

Interesting topic......actually it was R142's from the (4) that were originally supposed to be on the (3), not R142A's. I see why the (3) was gonna have R142...I guess because of predictions that the (3) was gonna have high ridership

Interesting topic......actually it was R142's from the (4) that were originally supposed to be on the (3), not R142A's. I see why the (3) was gonna have R142...I guess because of predictions that the (3) was gonna have high ridership

Yup, I remember reading about R142s going to the (3). In a way it kinda made sense as the (4) had a majority of R62s and the (3) did not need that many cars at the time. But looking back at it now, the R62s are much better off on the (3). The (4) is just way too demanding for the R62s - especially for door holding.

The (3) runs from 148 street to Times Square at night. And while you're right about the barn, that has not stopped the (MTA) from having yards with multiple fleets running, like Livonia which also stores the R142/As from the (2)(4) and (5) along with the (3)s R62s.

The Livonia yard may hold trains for any fleet (2),(3),(4) and (5), but the repair barn only services (3) equipment as a rule.

The (3) can run Low-Vs for all I care, I just want for the (3) to stick to it's schedule better. Every morning, towards New Lots Ave, they always hold the incoming (3) at Utica Avenue for an express train that hasn't even arrived yet or hold the train for two arriving express trains, which then throws the train off schedule and I miss the B60.

The (3) can run Low-Vs for all I care, I just want for the (3) to stick to it's schedule better. Every morning, towards New Lots Ave, they always hold the incoming (3) at Utica Avenue for an express train that hasn't even arrived yet or hold the train for two arriving express trains, which then throws the train off schedule and I miss the B60.

The (3) holds up service on the (2) line as well. There's a reason why they hold the (3) there to balance service uptown.

What about the (5)? It doesn't run the full-length of its route at night yet it still has the new trains. I am aware though that the (5) does OPTO at night which is why it had 20 cars of Pelham's R62As from last decade (damn, it's been that long) so I understand the use of it on the (5) but why not the (3) with the exceptions of G.O.'s?

The 5 acesses E.180th St. Yard, a modern high tech yard; the 5 shares equipment with the 2 like the N/W does; Bloomberg rides the East Side IRT supposedly. If a 5 goes down the local, the emperor may still catch his high tech train ala the 6.

The (3) runs from 148 street to Times Square at night. And while you're right about the barn, that has not stopped the (MTA) from having yards with multiple fleets running, like Livonia which also stores the R142/As from the (2)(4) and (5) along with the (3)s R62s.

I forgot about midnight 148 to TSQ service, but still, very few trainsets are needed, vs. lines like the 2 & 4 where they need lots of equipment overnight.

I could had sworn the (3) ran 24/7.But what the heck the (3) with R142A's would look nice but if you take em all off the (4) I wouldn't like it b\c I need 2 hear a train with good propulsion the R142's are Loud the HVAC are like crazy*lol* but they still barrel on the <4> Bronx Exp,up & down Lex but I don't mind the (4) giving the R142A's to the (3) 7695-7730.But I really want the (2) to get R142A's they look good last time I saw that was back in April '09.I think it was 4/12 saw it at 3 Av.The (6) is full of R142A's let em give em up the 6 service is excellent when nothing is wrong I mean they come like every minute or 2.R142A's should had went to the (1),(2) or (4).They deserve to be on these lines in my opinion.

My mouse is foaming thanks to this post.

Why would they renumbered R142a , I mean if 6 give away R142a #7211 - #7670 renumbered to #3800 - #4500 series send them to 7 line. Call it r188.?

1. They never renumbered the R142A's and more than likely won't renumber them

2. The "mythical" R188 car order (if any) is supposed to be (not going into number details) a bunch of B-cars, amd some new A-cars, and a conversion kit so the (MTA) can hook them up with the existing R142 and/or R142A (don't know or don't care exactly which one)

3. Its too early to be talking baout the R188...we don't even know who gonna build it

There are 455 R142A's from (6) Westchester Yard. According to the MTA Plan 360 R142 or R142A's are going to the (7) for CBTC. If Westchester gives up 360 R142A's in return for all of the 409 R62A's in Corona Yard that leaves 95 to 100 R142A's in Westchester Yard. The (3) could gives up 100 R62 for R142A's and the (6) would be R62/A 100%.

Archived