R160 (M) At 2nd Ave and R160 (B)

Sea Beach

Today I was with a friend and she told me she saw an R160 (M) train displaying Last Stop at 2nd Ave (F)(V) on the express track. Maybe they were testing the new (M)? And I saw an R160 (:P over the bridge going to manhattan with people on it. Just wanted to share these catches with everyone.

Today I was with a friend and she told me she saw an R160 (M) train displaying Last Stop at 2nd Ave (F)(V) on the express track. Maybe they were testing the new (M)? And I saw an R160 (:P over the bridge going to manhattan with people on it. Just wanted to share these catches with everyone.

If You did see that then That was one Hell of a Cacth. I really do want the R160's on the (B).

If You did see that then That was one Hell of a Cacth. I really do want the R160's on the (:P.

Yup I did,I wish I couldve gotten that

You saw an R160 (B) with people (not necessarily passengers) inside? :confused:

Do you know if the R160 (M) was eight cars?

It was passengers.

Not sure,she didnt know,it probally was a set from ENY.

Yup I did,I wish I couldve gotten that

It was passengers.

Maybe there is an R160 helping on the (:P. If so, time will tell if it is permanent and if more R160s are placed on the (B).

Not sure,she didnt know,it probally was a set from ENY.

Possibly it was an eight car (M) testing station stops between Broadway-Lafayette Street and Forest Hills-71st Avenue.

Good catches from you and your special person, Sea Beach Vinny. :tup:

Could be testing, or a train went OOS and someone played with the signs. During the snowbird layups this past winter an M was laid up on the 4 Av Line express tracks signed as a G.

Given the amount of R-160s at CIY, it is perfectly plausible for them to turn up on any line out of CI including the (B) if the needs of service require it. They have also appeared on the (D) before, although most likely for a reroute.

Good catches from you and your special person, Sea Beach Vinny. :tup:

Did you edit your post with those blue words?

Could be testing, or a train went OOS and someone played with the signs. During the snowbird layups this past winter an M was laid up on the 4 Av Line express tracks signed as a G.

Given the amount of R-160s at CIY, it is perfectly plausible for them to turn up on any line out of CI including the (:P if the needs of service require it. They have also appeared on the (D) before, although most likely for a reroute.

Hmmmm,who knows!

No car Numbers for that (M) train Vinny??

Im out of ENY three days a week been checking the computers for that programming havent seen it yet....

No, Sea Beach Vinny, the words in blue were my thoughts to your statements. I neatly placed them under each one.

ohh ok.

No car Numbers for that (M) train Vinny??

Im out of ENY three days a week been checking the computers for that programming havent seen it yet....

My friend saw it,she didnt get numbers.

and she dunno if it was (M2) or (M) since the outside is only one color.

Today I was with a friend and she told me she saw an R160 (M) train displaying Last Stop at 2nd Ave (F)(V) on the express track. Maybe they were testing the new (M)? And I saw an R160 (B) over the bridge going to manhattan with people on it. Just wanted to share these catches with everyone.

I wonder if the R160B (B) Train will be out today. If it is how many sets will be on it?

That train could've been a rerouted (F) so don't get your hopes too high up...

Doubt it b\c a (F) re-routed via Brighton is stupid it'll be more delays.But if it wasn't a G/O wat really sucks is that the (:P doesn't run on weekends.ONE BIG REASON they might have been testing R160 on the (B) is b\c of the Yankee Games(extra service)usually they use R32's/Slants*retired* but something was up if some saw a 160 B testing.So they'll run that 160 (;) most likely.BUT KEEP UR EYES OPEN look out for that.

I did put in am employee suggestion for them to use 160's on the baseball special, which would then be out of CIYD, instead of CCYD. It would really simply the operation on several respects. Not just the signage, but also, that upon arrival in Brooklyn, they would then be close to the home yard, instead of having to deadhead all the way back uptown.

Archived