Times Square bomb plot shows city needs anti-terror funding, better gun-control laws

Harry

WASHINGTON - New York desperately needs more anti-terror funding and tighter gun control laws to guard against the next attempted attack on the city, Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Kelly told Congress Wednesday.

Bloomberg cited the handgun found in the van of Times Square bombing suspect Faisal Shahraz. He noted new federal stats showing that suspects on terrorism watchlists tried to buy weapons more than 1,200 times in the last six years and were successful 90% of the time.

Bloomberg called for closing the "terror gap" by allowing the FBI stop gun sales when a purchaser's name shows up in background checks on watch lists.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/05/05/2010-05-05_nyc_to_dc_times_square_bomb_plot_shows_city_needs_antiterror_funding_better_gunc.html#ixzz0n5yAVBMI

post-1-133288581763_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581763_thumb.jpg

WASHINGTON - New York desperately needs more anti-terror funding and tighter gun control laws to guard against the next attempted attack on the city, Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Kelly told Congress Wednesday.

Bloomberg cited the handgun found in the van of Times Square bombing suspect Faisal Shahraz. He noted new federal stats showing that suspects on terrorism watchlists tried to buy weapons more than 1,200 times in the last six years and were successful 90% of the time.

Bloomberg called for closing the "terror gap" by allowing the FBI stop gun sales when a purchaser's name shows up in background checks on watch lists.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/05/05/2010-05-05_nyc_to_dc_times_square_bomb_plot_shows_city_needs_antiterror_funding_better_gunc.html#ixzz0n5yAVBMI

If terror suspects did tried to go up to a gun store, wouldn't that make it possible to nab them on the spot?

Gun control is wholly irrelevant to this issue. Yes, I know, he had a gun. I'm still saying gun control is irrelevant because this is an issue of religious-fueled terrorism. Whether they have a gun, a nuke or a dirty bomb, they're going to find ways to hurt us.

If they allowed the constitution to be the land of the law, we citizens would be able to protect ourselves. Terrorists would think twice if the population would be able to put a bullet right through their skulls.

If they allowed the constitution to be the land of the law, we citizens would be able to protect ourselves. Terrorists would think twice if the population would be able to put a bullet right through their skulls.

I'm not so sure about that. These aren't your standard issue perps. The problem is that they're NOT AFRAID of dying. They think it's heroic.

I'm not so sure about that. These aren't your standard issue perps. The problem is that they're NOT AFRAID of dying. They think it's heroic.

Hey, if some ****** is trying to kill me, you can bet I would like to be armed so I can at least have a chance of trying to stay alive.

These "people" want to die for their cause, thats how much they hate us and want to kill us. If they have a gun or not, they will find a way. I mean look at this a**hole, he made a bomb using fireworks and if he bought them in one of those stores in PA, then they were the s*itty kind. That's really desperate.

Hey, if some ****** is trying to kill me, you can bet I would like to be armed so I can at least have a chance of trying to stay alive.

The gun is highly unlikely to save anyone, considering most devices are of the fail-deadly variant.

These "people" want to die for their cause, thats how much they hate us and want to kill us. If they have a gun or not, they will find a way. I mean look at this a**hole, he made a bomb using fireworks and if he bought them in one of those stores in PA, then they were the s*itty kind. That's really desperate.

Typical and disturbing of them.

Gun control laws are totally another issue. Sure, those sons of a ***** bought guns, but they wanted to do more than just shoot a bunch of Americans, those f*ckers have the nerve to kill dozens of people, injure more and traumatise thousands. There's a clear line between regular gun wielding criminals and a bunch of fanatical freaks who are willing to "die for their god".

DHS needs to get its act together. This attack only shows how vulnerable we are. True, they would always try to do other tricks. But defence spending for critical cities is needed because we have to find a way to defend ourselves from any kind of attack or mitigate the damage. Allocating funds to some rural area just shows how this bureaucracy is a joke. Give New York its damned moolah.

I fail to see the connection between a car bomb left somewhere by someone who then tried to leave on a plane and gun control laws. I am no fan of firearms of any kind, but we do have the 2nd amendment, the city is going too far. Maybe now they will put cameras up and public address systems like they do in jersey city.

- A

Yea they think there going to get there 72 virgins,what they don't know is that 72 virgins are bombers that never got lead lol.

Archived