SVA student creates ViolationReport.org to shame straphangers

Harry

Hogging more than one subway seat. Blasting music from an iPod. Leaning up against a subway pole.

Inconsiderate straphangers who break these unspoken rules of rail riding are now getting publicly shamed on a new Web site created by a Brooklyn graphic designer.

"I'm not asking people to be Mother Teresa," said Grant Gold, 24, creator of ViolationReport.org, where fed-up commuters can upload photos of flagrant etiquette offenders or, if they're brazen, print out a "ticket" to hand out in person.

"I'm just saying, don't be a jerk."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/05/16/2010-05-16_smile_youre_on_site_for_rude_riders.html#ixzz0o9gxmOg3

post-1-133288581775_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581775_thumb.jpg

Everyone wants to be a vigilante nowadays....

I'd love to see a jpeg/gif/png/img file of me, on that site, listening to my MP3 player "too loud"....

That'll be the first clown; I meant person, in history to have ever posted an image/photo that actually embeds sounds within it...

LMAO...

wait a minute... I didn't see the part about handing out a ticket....

I wish some wanna be transit cop would hand me some piece of paper telling me I broke some unwritten rule.

Instead of taking photos of people's behavior in the subway and posting it on a website, they should approach the person and tell them what they are doing is wrong. But most of them would be too scared to do so...

You never know these days.

That old grandma could stab you with a knife.

:eek:

Instead of taking photos of people's behavior in the subway and posting it on a website, they should approach the person and tell them what they are doing is wrong. But most of them would be too scared to do so...

With stuff that's been going on like that (D) train and (2) train incident, the last thing I'm going to do is walk up to a stranger and tell them what they're doing is screwed up. I think I'd sooner take my chances snapping a photo and posting it up.

we need this kinda thing because we as a people in the city are an embarrassment, i had family come from other countrys and they hate this city and its said that i am from here. people are nasty always messing up the trains and platforms with food and other garbage listening too loud music so loud you can hear it clear on the other side of the train. we should have this it may help keep those nasty pigs from doing this. thank you for this website. if you ever been too england you will feel like i do about this city and its nasty people that mess it up for good people.

they must do something about this, there have too be a level of desentcy and this city don't seem too care what message we are sending too other people that come here from other counties, its nasty and i for one like the MTA and the police for starting too do something about it.

Archived