I Dream of Trains

Ms. W Supporter

It's story time! Discuss rail related dreams.

The other night, I dreamed of trains...let me bore you with my train dream, xD.

I was waiting on the outside neighborhood platform for the M train with friends..? Different trains that weren't mine passed. Finally a train that I wanted to take arrived. It was an F (huh?) that looked like the #2 train. I said "Cool!" to the people I was with and got on. The train went to the last M train stop in Queens.. The station turned into one of the underground midtown stations on the 6th Avenue line. The train I was on was the V, with yellow seats, and it went to its last stop in Manhattan (?).

The station looked pretty.. It was underground and dimly lit but light was streaming from above, giving it an enchanted look. There was another V (that looked like the old J/M) across the platform that was heading back and I wanted to get it... It closed its doors and I thought I missed it..but it opened and I ran into it...

I also dreamed of riding the Q train...but I don't remember that dream so well.

Ironicly, the next day I caught the rare elusive Ol' (J)...

Man I had so many train dreams (bad train dreams) it's not funny anymore! Too much to tell in one post, though.

At least 27 subway nightmares and 3 commuter rail dreams in 2010 alone!

...hm, interesting. I always dream of trains in a positive light....usually in an enchanting..or magical format.

You can pick one of your most or least favorite dream to discuss.

...hm, interesting. I always dream of trains in a positive light....usually in an enchanting..or magical format.

You can pick one of your most or least favorite dream to discuss.

Okay let's seeee.....where should I start.....there's the dream that there were kids playing in the track area playing "Dodge the Train and the Third Rail" and this train comes and someone's head twists 540 degrees and comes off.....:confused:

Okay let's seeee.....where should I start.....there's the dream that there were kids playing in the track area playing "Dodge the Train and the Third Rail" and this train comes and someone's head twists 540 degrees and comes off.....:confused:
OoooooooKKKKKKK.Hey how bout dem Cavs?:P

• 2 months later...

I'm not really a railfan but I had a crazy dream last night. It was nighttime and I was on the elevated part of the (W) (or was it the (Q6)? I'm no subway expert). It was violently rocking back and forth and hopping up and down like it was about to go off the tracks. The windows had a yellow tint, and they along with the walls were bending in and out of shape. We had to be going at least 80 mph. I kept falling out my seat every time it rocked sideways (we were facing the street when it rocked sideways), then each time I flew up in the air I thought it was over and I was gonna fly through the window or the doors. I think there were bats in there too, and a ton of those music symbols (♫) were floating around in the air (no music was playing though). The inside of the train was very yellower than normal. It was kind of empty with like 3-6 people in the same car as me. I tried to get off when it stopped but the doors didn't open then it pulled off again then started rocking and bouncing when it left the station. Somehow I magically got off after that.

What's interesting is that I only rode the (W) twice (there and back) for a few stops and I was scared, it looked like it was going to fall off the tracks at any given moment.

I'm not really a railfan but I had a crazy dream last night. It was nighttime and I was on the elevated part of the (W) (or was it the (Q6)? I'm no subway expert). It was violently rocking back and forth and hopping up and down like it was about to go off the tracks. The windows had a yellow tint, and they along with the walls were bending in and out of shape. We had to be going at least 80 mph. I kept falling out my seat every time it rocked sideways (we were facing the street when it rocked sideways), then each time I flew up in the air I thought it was over and I was gonna fly through the window or the doors. I think there were bats in there too, and a ton of those music symbols (♫) were floating around in the air (no music was playing though). The inside of the train was very yellower than normal. It was kind of empty with like 3-6 people in the same car as me. I tried to get off when it stopped but the doors didn't open then it pulled off again then started rocking and bouncing when it left the station. Somehow I magically got off after that.

What's interesting is that I only rode the (W) twice (there and back) for a few stops and I was scared, it looked like it was going to fall off the tracks at any given moment.

You are scared of riding the real (W)? What about other elevated trains..?

The ol' (W) (yellow seater 2001-04) was my most favorite train in the whole world, xD.

I had a dream last night; I was on the tracks of some freight train line. A yellow and black freight train was coming and I hid on the side of the tracks behind something. The train was looking for me.. It saw me as I was crawling, trying to get away, and said "Ha, I found you!" or something along those lines.

Then that area turned into a regular NYC train station in Manhattan. The station was designed exactly like Essex St, with the empty dark space on one side of the station and (where it was underground but) looking at one of the tunnels, you see it goes outside (the way to the outside lead to a bridge crossing into Queens). The station had a warmly glow like a living room. ...The empty side had tracks and I saw the old (yellow seater/R68a) (N) train passing. That train magicly turned into one car (??) and I thought to myself "I didn't know it can move with just one car... Then I saw another (N) train in the dark space (reg. size/old style). I really wanted to ride the train but it just sat there ignoring me (?). It was like "I'll pretend you don't exist." Then it left. I looked down the tunnel (the dark tunnel, not the one that lead outside) and saw different trains going this way and that (like they had a bunch of cross tracks and turns there). I saw the (N) taking its leave, and an (R) train that seemed to be heading for the station but turned somewhere last minute... A friend who thought we were going to get the (R), said (before it turned), "looks like you won't ride your (N)." I thought I was going to get the (R) too and pouted. Then a new (N) train turned into the station and a friend said to me "Even worse, you got the new train! xD" I was like "Aw, man!"

It's story time! Discuss rail related dreams.

The other night, I dreamed of trains...let me bore you with my train dream, xD.

I was waiting on the outside neighborhood platform for the M train with friends..? Different trains that weren't mine passed. Finally a train that I wanted to take arrived. It was an F (huh?) that looked like the #2 train. I said "Cool!" to the people I was with and got on.

Heres a little trick. You can take control of your dreams and make it a lucid dream. A lucid dream is when you know you are dreaming and can take control and do whatever you want without any normal limitations of the physical world. When you are dreaming you are no longer on the prime material plane of existance that we phyhsically live in.

When you said you saw the F train on the M platform that looked like a 2 train, thats when you can start questioning things. If it doesnt seem right you can make your subconcious realise you are dreaming. Once you tell yourself it is just a dream thats where the fun starts because you can travel anywhere and do anything you want.

Last time I knew I was dreaming I saw a payphone but it didnt look right, it had a rotary dialer on it and since I know they dont use rotary dialers on payphones anymore I was able to realise I was dreaming and took it from there.

There are lots of techniques you can use to trigger one.

Heres a little trick. You can take control of your dreams and make it a lucid dream. A lucid dream is when you know you are dreaming and can take control and do whatever you want without any normal limitations of the physical world. When you are dreaming you are no longer on the prime material plane of existance that we phyhsically live in.

When you said you saw the F train on the M platform that looked like a 2 train, thats when you can start questioning things. If it doesnt seem right you can make your subconcious realise you are dreaming. Once you tell yourself it is just a dream thats where the fun starts because you can travel anywhere and do anything you want.

Last time I knew I was dreaming I saw a payphone but it didnt look right, it had a rotary dialer on it and since I know they dont use rotary dialers on payphones anymore I was able to realise I was dreaming and took it from there.

There are lots of techniques you can use to trigger one.

Sometimes, I actually do that. Sometimes I don't and just let it go, because I want to know what happens next without my involvement. Its fun both ways...except when you have a nightmare and try to take over. Nightmares are harder to control...

I had a dream where a cop stopped me for taking pics. I started to get pissed and changed my tone of voice. A R16 (T) train (lol) came in and the cop pushed me onto the tracks and I got hit by a train. I survived and got arrested for assault on a police officer because I tried to kick him as he pushed me on the tracks.

Another dream I had was that I was T/O on the (Mx) line and they sent an R68 for me to operate. I operated it and destroyed the signals on the Myrtle and Jamaica lines merged. When I go to Metro, the train's power lever jammed on the third notch. The train destroyed the station and went into the street and the cemetery, killing all passengers and many on the streets.

Most of the train in my dreams are usually R160s and once in awhile a R32. Most of my transit dreams mainly invole commuter rail. I once had a whole dream about SEPTA's R7 where I dodging people and took sheltered in a abandoned Silverliner II just sitting at N. Philly. I NEVER RODE SEPTA ONCE IN MY LIFE. How convenient you're dodging people and there's a stray train car there. Only in dreams.

Hm, I actually had a dream about going to Coney Island (ironicly I was going to Coney Island the next day). I was at the Atlantic Ave Station, which looked more like an underground Shinjuku Station with all sorts of trains going this way and that. Some of these trains looked like Japanese rapid service/subway type trains. I wanted to take the (N) but a (:P train came. The letter in the front of the train was in a fancy script or something...like B written in Polish style or whatever. Since it was the first to come, I got on it and it went outside on the Brighton Line. The Brighton Line had those overhead things that (some) trains get their power from instead of the third rail...and looked more like a Japanese street level train line. The train was express and during some of its run it flew...yes, flew a little, and went back on the tracks. I was like, "this train is totally awesome!"

I got off at the next station and waited for the ol' (N), which was right behind the (:P. As I was waiting, various trains passed...they all were Japanese rapid service trains...and one freight train carrying new Metro North trains. Finally the (R68a) (N) train arrived, very slowly and I got on.

Here are my dream of trains.

Dream #1

I was waiting for <7> express at Junction Blvd, when there was NOVA LFS Artic signed up as <7> Express was running on IRT Flushing Track.

I boarded the bus, and bus went on same speed as subways, surprise passengers on local stations as bus went zoomed bv.

Bus went via:

<7> Junction Blvd-Queensboro Plaza

(Q) 57th St-7th Av to DeKalb Av

(R) DeKalb Av to Pacific St

(D) Pacific St to Coney Island

(F) Coney Island to Bergen St

(G) Bergen St to Court Sq

(M) Queens Plaza to Forest Hill

(E) to World Trade Center

Lots of passengers at these stations were surprised.

Then, I got off and waited for (E) train.

As I was waiting for (E), (M) showed with destination "TO PALLET TOWN.

Inside R160 (M), it had nice red carpet and R160 seats are seat up like Green Bus Line Express Bus seat.

R160 (M) went up to West 4th St, switch to (A) track, and at Broad Channel, this train went off-track and into portal to Pallet Town, where it pulled over to Prof Oak's Lab to get my starter Pokemon. After I win all gym battles, contest battles, (M) came back and it took me home around the world, running on every train track to Junction Blvd home.

THE END.

Archived