Bus driver takes pounding in Brooklyn; New Yorkers fume as cuts hit home

Harry

An irate bus rider went berserk and punched a driver in the face as the MTA's dreaded doomsday cuts took full effect - bewildering straphangers citywide.

Jason Ferreira, 22, of Brooklyn was ordered off a B6 bus after mouthing off to driver Gilberto Davila that the trip was taking too long.

Instead, Ferreira, who a police source said is 6-feet-2 and 205 pounds, pummeled the driver as he drove on Bay Parkway at 4:50a.m., police said.

The driver, treated at Maimonides Medical Center and released, suffered cuts, bruises and swelling.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/06/29/2010-06-29_bus_rage_in_city_driver_takes_a_pounding_in_bklyn_pol__riders_fume_as_cuts_hit_h.html#ixzz0sF97VSLO

An irate bus rider went berserk and punched a driver in the face as the MTA's dreaded doomsday cuts took full effect - bewildering straphangers citywide.

Jason Ferreira, 22, of Brooklyn was ordered off a B6 bus after mouthing off to driver Gilberto Davila that the trip was taking too long.

Instead, Ferreira, who a police source said is 6-feet-2 and 205 pounds, pummeled the driver as he drove on Bay Parkway at 4:50a.m., police said.

The driver, treated at Maimonides Medical Center and released, suffered cuts, bruises and swelling.

Douchebag.

"He's not a violent person," Ferreira's grandmother, who declined to give her name, told the Daily News.

She's in denial

Douchebag.

She's in denial

Agreed:tdown:. While 99.9% of riders I know are also angry with the doomsday cuts, this driver had nothing to do with it and no need for this. I hope as rr4567 calls this jerk a "Douchebag" he gets the book thrown at him and gets 7 years behind bars for beating up a (MTA) bus driver under NYS law.:mad:

I understand why they are mad but why beat on the bus drivers , i knew who the driver was , if i was a driver id fight him back now the driver is going to be out for a couple of weeks because of the bruises and cuts

While I understand how furious people are over the cuts, they have absolutely NO RIGHT to lash it out on the bus drivers, not only because it is illegal, but because they really don't have much control! Punch Walder in the face for goodness sake!

I understand why they are mad but why beat on the bus drivers , i knew who the driver was , if i was a driver id fight him back now the driver is going to be out for a couple of weeks because of the bruises and cuts

That would give the attacker the excuse of "self defense" when the fight continues. Just like the killer of Edwin Thomas, he was acquitted due to "defending himself" when the driver left the bus.

This is a story that I would never have been involved in. The first reason is that when I was an operator I learned how to ignore people,I could look you in the eye as you talked and not hear a word you said. The second reason is that I always had a little something with me,if you catch my drift,to even the odds if need be. And last,I didn't even care what people said or did,because all that mattered was doing my job and going the f**k home and enjoying my off time. 21 years and no assaults on me.

Since this lowlife has prior arrests most likely he will do some time upstate. Bubba will take good care of him there..... $500.00 bail is a freaking joke for a felony. This was a punch to the face that caused injuries,most likely the B/O said something to further escalate the situation but still what he did was criminal. None of this self defense b.s since the perp didn't have a scratch on him.

Did you hear about what happened to another B/O in Rego Park the other night on the Q67?

A not-so-pleasant passenger was busted after he insulted and assaulted a city bus driver in Rego Park.

Isuf Aruci, 19, climbed aboard the Q67 bus at 67th Road at 9:30 p.m. June 14, walked up to the driver and uttered, "Thanks for stopping you f- - -ing ******."

Then he slugged the driver in the right arm, said sources.

The article makes it seem that the reason behind the attack was because of the "doomsday cuts". I doubt that.

Since this lowlife has prior arrests most likely he will do some time upstate.

I don't think someone w/ 6 prior arrests will be fazed by going to prison. He's a menace to society but this being NY, he's just a lost soul who needs help. The bail was set to $500. That should give you a clue. Once in, he'll be out in no time.

Poor driver just driving his bus then bam!you get punch in the face....MTA should pay for the driver medical bills.I hope anymore drivers doesn't get hurt out there,because of MTA mistakes.

Like I said before we are Behind Enemy lines everyday so think about this when you wanna become A Bus Op

As long you still drive your express bus,you don't have to deal with any rowdy people.lol

Once a mope always a mope. Savages like these should simply be removed from society.

Of course, it's typical and disturbing that the grandmother comes out to defend this piece of shit. Of course, they're always such good boys. All we need next is the communion photo to come out.

While I understand how furious people are over the cuts, they have absolutely NO RIGHT to lash it out on the bus drivers, not only because it is illegal, but because they really don't have much control! Punch Walder in the face for goodness sake!

Punching Walder wouldn't help either. He merely reacted to the City's and State's decisions to de-fund the entire transit system.

The annoying quote from the Orion VII NG should be played on all buses "Bus operators are protected by NY state law, assaulting a bus operator is a felony."

While those announcements are automated, for the most part I always hear that announcement when there's barely anyone on the bus.

Poor driver just driving his bus then bam!you get punch in the face....MTA should pay for the driver medical bills.I hope anymore drivers doesn't get hurt out there,because of MTA mistakes.

As long you still drive your express bus,you don't have to deal with any rowdy people.lol

Yeh right ,Express customers aren't Angels they get on our nerves and they like to Call Call Call and complain complain complain

Don't think for A minute that EXP is A walk in the park.

Punching Walder wouldn't help either. He merely reacted to the City's and State's decisions to de-fund the entire transit system.

Yes it would why not

And put some stank on it .The City the State look at you ,Your such A Wall St Journal reporter all of A sudden ,You probably work off the books right and you don't take Mass Transit Right? (S)o do me A damn favor and STFU already cuz you don't know Walder and his Pawns (K)<R>

Archived