(6) Train

NX Express

Due to signal trouble between the 3rd Avenue-138th Street Station and the Longwood Avenue Station, there is no (6) train service in both directions from the 125th Street Station to the Hunts Point Avenue Station.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take Bx15 or Bx19 bus making nearby station stops.

Yes the (6) had a AC Power failure which means only the signals loss power from 3 AV 138 to Longwood Ave. Service was suspended between Pelham Bay and 125 Street. I was stuck in Manhattan at the time and for some reason Rail Control Center had trouble turning and rerouting service so (6) uptown and Downtown trains where held in stations between 125 St and Brooklyn Bridge with (4)(5) Express service running normal. I never got turned but it took me 1 Hour and 35 Minutes to get from Brooklyn Bridge to Pelham.

Yes the (6) had a AC Power failure which means only the signals loss power from 3 AV 138 to Longwood Ave. Service was suspended between Pelham Bay and 125 Street. I was stuck in Manhattan at the time and for some reason Rail Control Center had trouble turning and rerouting service so (6) uptown and Downtown trains where held in stations between 125 St and Brooklyn Bridge with (4)(5) Express service running normal. I never got turned but it took me 1 Hour and 35 Minutes to get from Brooklyn Bridge to Pelham.

Reading your post goes to the heart of what I've been saying about the RCC and it's baby, ATS. Contrary to what a lot of posters(foamers) think, this set-up isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. One or two good tower operators would have cleared the backlog without breaking a sweat IMO. Hands on tower operation trumps the ATS system as far as speed, accuracy, and unforeseen circumstances, every time.

I was on Manhattan-bound (6) 15:32 out of Pelham Bay Park.

When it arrived at Hunts Point Av, C/O said, "Door problem at Brook Av.", then followed by "power lose."

When C/O announce last stop, everyone went to station agent, however they were not happy including me because that agent was very slow. She still did not hear anything.

So, I walk to Simpson St (2)(5) Station after Bx6 B/O and other B/O directed me to train station.

It was so hot, so I stopped by to get $1 Ice Cream cone.

I climb up wrong staircase, so we went to other side.

I told station agent that agent at Hunts Point was not nice, so she let me in even I did not have ticket. NYPD was there, too.

Station Agent told the passenger only (6) and (4) is affected.

Sounds like one hell of a trip for you l0l.

Yeah. We were at 77 St when it happened. We waited for like 5 mins til we all were told it would take 20mins (what the thing said at that point), we were like "hell no" and took the bus instead. When I got to Lex Av-53rd, they were advising people that there was no 6 trains running due to loss of power at 125th.

I sat at Parkchester chillin and tellin everyone to take the Bx4 to Simpson!

Reading your post goes to the heart of what I've been saying about the RCC and it's baby, ATS. Contrary to what a lot of posters(foamers) think, this set-up isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. One or two good tower operators would have cleared the backlog without breaking a sweat IMO. Hands on tower operation trumps the ATS system as far as speed, accuracy, and unforeseen circumstances, every time.

Tell me about it looking at ATS 1st hand when the road gets jacked is hilarious....

ONE reroute can screw up everything....

I don't understand how an AC power failure is ATS' fault.

Its not, but during the delay when they're trying to turn stuff and stepping all over each other (too many chiefs) and when the road goes back to normal it thinks everything is back to the way it was as if the delay never happened. It takes hours to put the road back together when it comes to crews and trains being at a specific place and time.

I don't understand how an AC power failure is ATS' fault.

It's (AC power failure) not the fault of the ATS system. The ATS system's faults come to the fore when you try to make service adjustments like re-routes or turn trains back in the unaffected area. It's extremely slow and cumbersome which is probably why they stacked the (6) trains up instead of re-routing them up to Mott Ave or Burnside Ave or East 180th St. If they did it that way at least you'd have movement on the Lex locals between the Bridge and 125th St instead of no movement at all.

Archived