MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

7 hours ago, Brian Kim said:

Sliding doors right?

Nope, A/C and parts replacement issues. They're getting some parts replaced, but the problem is that it's interfering with the A/C and locking it out. No rear door issues on the LFSs in general.

As for Quill, they only got the XDEs to make service and replace the XDs they sent to Queens.

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really need to stop scrapping the NGs right now for the exception that it has a major problem.  These buses could fill in until whatever issue these newer buses have can be resolved.  They've been in such a rush to retire the NGs lately and they're leaving garages short of buses to make service.  Some of the buses listed for retirement just ran a week or 2 ago and could still be used.  

Edited by The Grizzly Bear

22 minutes ago, T J Trainman said:

Storage???? They are brand new buses………

Jamaica has exceeded their buses they can hold in the depot and can't keep the buses outside the depot fully parked at metered parking spaces or bus lanes. 

Only West Farms has free space from what I can see through or Kingsbridge. 

Edited by Calvin

6 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Jamaica has exceeded their buses they can hold in the depot and can't keep the buses outside the depot fully parked at metered parking spaces or bus lanes. 

Only West Farms has free space from what I can see through or Kingsbridge. 

Are any at Kingsbridge?

That’s the same thing that happened to the LFS HEVs in Manhattan and it took them a week to fix everything. Todays thingy is like “I want your buses” then they leave other routes short of service. That’s not right. No Depot should take another bus from another depot unless if the bus operator isn’t available. If you got 62 buses, then inspect one after another because not every bus from a different depot is available for your service requirements. Back in the days there was extra buses available, that bus was ready and it would be the substitute bus 

25 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

That’s the same thing that happened to the LFS HEVs in Manhattan and it took them a week to fix everything. Todays thingy is like “I want your buses” then they leave other routes short of service. That’s not right. No Depot should take another bus from another depot unless if the bus operator isn’t available. If you got 62 buses, then inspect one after another because not every bus from a different depot is available for your service requirements. Back in the days there was extra buses available, that bus was ready and it would be the substitute bus 

You do realize that no services were cut and that A/C issues are very important right?

48 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

No it's not....

What happened with the hybrids were door issues, and it took them much longer than a week to fix. The hybrids never had AC issues.
What's happening with the 8Ks are AC and parts replacement issues.

Services also haven't been cut.

I don't know where you're getting all of this from.

Edited by Cait Sith