MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Transbusfan said:

6122: Michael J. Quill -> Flatbush

7836-7838: Jamaica -> Flatbush (7835 remains at Jamaica for now) 

(All buses arrived today)

I find it odd they are still transferring JA units. Currently, JA has 198 and potentially 197 buses. They need 196 for regular service. This leaves them with 1 spare which isn't really a good idea.

12 hours ago, xD4nn said:

I find it odd they are still transferring JA units. Currently, JA has 198 and potentially 197 buses. They need 196 for regular service. This leaves them with 1 spare which isn't really a good idea.

JA has 200 buses, not 198.

178 Novabuses and 22 XD40.

JA usually have 200 buses in total, but they had an overage when they completed their allotment of 62 buses from the new order. (They had 11 extra buses). To get it back down to 200, they transferred 7758-7765 (8) to FP, which you reported last week, and transferred 7836-7838 (3) to FB to bring it back down to 200.

Edited by Mpn4179

2 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Is anybody aware that 5869 (as seen on the Bx42, a Gun Hill route) still has TU stickers on them?

It happens sometimes when buses get transferred to another depot. The old depot sticker from said depot can be left there while the other side gets the new placement (or that it doesn't). 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

5448 & 5464 from MJQ to OH Depot. 7588 from MJQ to MHV Depot. 

I think you meant OF.

49 minutes ago, Calvin said:

It happens sometimes when buses get transferred to another depot. The old depot sticker from said depot can be left there while the other side gets the new placement (or that it doesn't). 

5814 at Tuskegee is another example. It still has Kingsbridge on the passenger entrance, but the sticker at the rear left of the bus doesn't have anything.

Edited by RSMG106

7 hours ago, Mpn4179 said:

JA has 200 buses, not 198.

178 Novabuses and 22 XD40.

JA usually have 200 buses in total, but they had an overage when they completed their allotment of 62 buses from the new order. (They had 11 extra buses). To get it back down to 200, they transferred 7758-7765 (8) to FP, which you reported last week, and transferred 7836-7838 (3) to FB to bring it back down to 200.

JA has 198 buses. 7507 and 7548 are being rebuilt off-property and most likely going to Gun Hill afterward. 7835 might also be moved to Flatbush which brings it down to 197 buses. 

11 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

JA has 198 buses. 7507 and 7548 are being rebuilt off-property and most likely going to Gun Hill afterward. 7835 might also be moved to Flatbush which brings it down to 197 buses. 

If those two units do go to Gun Hill, they will send the last two white LFSes in exchange. Overall, the LFS  model is more reliable anyways. So I think Jamaica will be just fine sending out another XD40. 

3 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

If those two units do go to Gun Hill, they will send the last two white LFSes in exchange. Overall, the LFS  model is more reliable anyways. So I think Jamaica will be just fine sending out another XD40. 

I would disagree with the second to last statement. Those LFS Jamaica got were not in the greatest condition.

18 minutes ago, xD4nn said:

I would disagree with the second to last statement. Those LFS Jamaica got were not in the greatest condition.

Sounds like Gun Hill depot isn't exactly known for great maintenance. Maybe those specific LFS units aren't in great condition, but I was referring to the LFS model as a whole since its the next best thing we have to the RTS.

Anyways, my point is I think Jamaica can send out one more XD40 and still be good.

2 hours ago, RandomRider0101 said:

Sounds like Gun Hill depot isn't exactly known for great maintenance. Maybe those specific LFS units aren't in great condition, but I was referring to the LFS model as a whole since its the next best thing we have to the RTS.

Anyways, my point is I think Jamaica can send out one more XD40 and still be good.

Wasn’t the XD40s being at JA temporary due to the RTS having to be retired suddenly? 

It always seemed odd to me that JA got XD40s despite it being mainly LFS even though I know it’s not uncommon for depots to have multiple bus types. 
I rode on a few of the 83XX buses that came from the Bronx. They seem to run just like the others Jamaica had. 

1 minute ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Wasn’t the XD40s being at JA temporary due to the RTS having to be retired suddenly? 

It always seemed odd to me that JA got XD40s despite it being mainly LFS even though I know it’s not uncommon for depots to have multiple bus types. 
I rode on a few of the 83XX buses that came from the Bronx. They seem to run just like the others Jamaica had. 

Jamaica looks to be staying mixed fleet since they are on the list to get XE40s. If the DOB didn't want JA to have any more xcelsiors, they wouldn't have put JA on the list.