Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It turns out Jerry may be a prophet. Last Sunday, he created a malaprop when he said, accidentially, the Cowboys were 1-7 (they were 1-6). Maybe he was seeing ahead to this Sunday's game against Green Bay - and now the Cowboys really are 1-7.

It seems to have started as a win or nothing season for New York's teams: Both Gang Green and the Football Giants have started 6-2 and the Bills have started 0-8.

70(EE)'s Surprises:

*The Rams (4-4) co-leaders of the N.F.C. West

*The Chiefs (5-3) leaders of the A.F.C. West

*The Raiders (5-4) winning in the A.F.C. West

It turns out Jerry may be a prophet. Last Sunday, he created a malaprop when he said, accidentially, the Cowboys were 1-7 (they were 1-6). Maybe he was seeing ahead to this Sunday's game against Green Bay - and now the Cowboys really are 1-7.

It seems to have started as a win or nothing season for New York's teams: Both Gang Green and the Football Giants have started 6-2 and the Bills have started 0-8.

70(EE)'s Surprises:

*The Rams (4-4) co-leaders of the N.F.C. West

*The Chiefs (5-3) leaders of the A.F.C. West

*The Raiders (5-4) winning in the A.F.C. West

The Rams who just 2 seasons ago If I remember won 1 game in the entire regular season is a big shock to improve this quick IMO. Honorable mention to the Raiders and Bucks.

Not to get too off topic. Why does the stations broadcasting NFL games *Cough Cough* ESPN only gives attention to the Cowboys and Bret Favre?:tdown:

Last Night (11/7/10) 1130pm Sportscenter they spent the first damn 20 minutes of the Cowboys/Packers game. You think it was a ESPN game. Again why so much attention to Dallas on a team that now playing to get the #1 pick in the 2011 NFL draft.

Regardless of the fact that Buffalo is still winless...

The Cowboys have got to be the worst team in the league right now... they look absolutely clueless out there tonight....

only reason I'm still watching this sunday night game is b/c I can't stand the cowboys... and I love to watch a good blowout every now & then

that's what you call 2 for the price of 1 :P

Despite the blowout the NBC SNF game still draw 15 Million Viewers only (the most watched show of the night)and only slightly below the average viewership of the 2010 World Series on Fox.B)

America favorite pasttime Gambling and Violence.

The Rams won 1 game last year and 2 games in 2008. One of the wins in 2008 came against the Cowboys. The NFC West is weak.

Very true. The entire league this season is weak especially the entire NFC not just the NFC 'weak."

That division winner in NFC weak probably wins it with at most 8-9 wins.:confused:

Even though the Bengals lost, TO scored two TD's. That'll shut up the haters.

On an unrelated note, there's this weird college football field that's blue. I forgot the team, but looking at the field is nauseating.

haters?

I didn't know there were bengal fans....

TO & Ochocinco are irrelevant in today's game (I don't mean today literally, but this era where these "speed" WR's that are so puny/fragile lookin, you could prolly break em in half...); DeSean Jackson is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.... are taking over the position.... The Andre Johnson's & the Anqual Boldin's of the world are a dying breed....

Anyway, Ochocinco lookin mighty dam stupid... well, period...

but especially when he mouthed off about the talent on the team, and it being a "goddamn shame" if they don't make it to the superbowl this year (before the reg. season started).... right now man, aint no one takin these jokers serious....

when you got two butt-buddies in a tv show w/ a combination of their monikers as the title....

nuff said.

...and Boise State got the BEST football field on earth !

dunno what chu talm bout...

...but that red copycat knockoff field Eastern Washington has....

now that's that BS....

Just when I thought the Giants were Super Bowl contenders, they lost to the f*cking Dallas Cowboys. Eli will never be an elite QB in the NFL.

I don't know about no superbowl contenders, but I'm still callin fixed.. and I'm not even a giants fan like that...

- the giants can lay out 3 QB's in 6 weeks, and can't get to old man Kitna...

- dallas fires their head coach a week before, and all of a sudden, they're these offensive juggernauts....

- cowboys got some sweetheart calls in their favor in the 2nd half of that game that killed giant comeback/scoring drives...

all of that is not coincidence, I'm sorry.

I don't know about no superbowl contenders, but I'm still callin fixed.. and I'm not even a giants fan like that...

- the giants can lay out 3 QB's in 6 weeks, and can't get to old man Kitna...

- dallas fires their head coach a week before, and all of a sudden, they're these offensive juggernauts....

- cowboys got some sweetheart calls in their favor in the 2nd half of that game that killed giant comeback/scoring drives...

all of that is not coincidence, I'm sorry.

Hey Bro. The worst team in the AFC(or maybe the entire NFL)the Bills won their first game yesterday.

This is the weakest i ever seen the NFL with so many bad or so-so teams (thus the main reason are setting records on TV)this late in the season.

At least or maybe '2' divisions, the NFC West and AFC West, the winners may finish at best with only 8 wins or as bad as 7 wins-9 losses.

Not to mention I don't think any team is winning more than 12 games.

Changing to College for minute. Wisconsin murdered Univ. of Indy last Saturday 11/13/10 scoring 80 points. Talk about lack of sportsmanship. This is terrible job by the Wisconsin Coach on being compassionate and respect.:tdown:

Thanksgiving Games

New England vs Detroit----- 12:30 pm

Dallas vs New Orleans ------ 4:15 pm

Jets vs Cincinnati-----------8:20 pm

Of the Turkey Day Games, the only one that appeals to me is the Cowboys/Saints game.

Not to get too off topic, but I always felt the Cowboys and Saints should be in the same divison preferably the "NFC South."

It's amazing that Dallas and NO so close to each other only play each other maybe every 2 years or so.

what genius thought to matchup the patriots w/ the goddamn lions on thanksgiving....

(yes, I know the lions traditionally play on thanksgiving)

watch how low a rating that's gonna get....

I'll probably watch the dallas/saints game... I wanna see the cowboys get killed.

The superbowl (host) curse lives on !!

jets/bengals, don't care for either team... won't waste eyesight on it... I can see that getting decent ratings, though.....

Bengals-Jets will probably be a blowout.

Since it is CBSs turn to be in Detroit this Thanksgiving (FOX and CBS rotate between Dallas and Detroit every year), it would either be the Jets or Patriots playing the Lions on Thanksgiving since the Lions play the Dolphins and Bills on the road. With this current rotation, no AFC North team would play the Lions or Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

I don't think Patriots-Lions would be a blowout. The Patriots struggle on the road and these Lions are different from the past couple years.

Here are the scores from yesterday's NFL Holiday Turkey Bowl games.

Game #1

Pats 45

Lions 24

Game #2

Saints 30

Cowboys 27

Game #3

Bengals 10

Jets 26

I watched the 4th period of the Saints/Cowboys game and was the only 'descent' game to watch. I agree with B35, the Lions and Cowboys should not always get the two prime time Thanksgiving Holiday games. Instead the Lions and Cowboys should 'rotate' every other year on hosting it.

The NFL should follow the NBA on Prime Time games during the Holidays. For instance the Knicks until about 10 years ago would for many years 'host' one of the Christmas Day games. Now the NBA usually shows for last decade on NBC and in recent years on ESPN/ABC, the '2' teams that met in the previous season's NBA Finals.

It's been a bit of a nailbiter season, but Gang Green is off to a 9-2 start and remains tied with the Patriots (also 9-2) atop the AFC East and for the best record in the NFL. The next best are the Falcons (8-2) and the Bears (8-3).

Surprises:

Kansas City: The Chiefs are 6-4 and lead the AFC West

Oakland: The Raiders are second at 5-5 in a surprisingly upside down AFC West

Jacksonville: The Jaguars are tied with the Colts for the AFC South lead with 6-4

Saint Louis: Under .500 but an improvement at 4-6 and in a weak NFC West are a game behind the Seahawks

Disappointments:

Dallas: The Cowboys moved from Irving to a new stadium in Arlington in 2009 and their fans have a 3-8 after last season's 11-5 team christened it.

Minnesota: The Vikings have gone from a 12-4 NFC North Pennant season to a 3-7 start this season

San Diego: The Chargers have started 5-5 this season

Arizona: After a 8-8, 9-7 (with surprise trip to the Super Bowl) and a 10-6, glory days have returned to Glendale with the Cardinals' 3-7 start.

My assessment of the first two games:

- Lions gave the Pats a good fight... problem is, not many QB's can go toe-to-toe with Brady for an entire game... the 2nd half illustrated that very point, to a 'T'.....

- the Saints died in that 2nd half; blowing two 17 point leads... this is why I say that SB championship last year was a fluke... this 2010 team is too inconsistent... Anyway, luckily dude stripped Roy Williams (another headcase) after that big play... Dallas was 1 card away from a full house - at their own house (stadium)....

if that kid would have made that 59 yd. FG, I think the Cowboys would've won that game... the Saints slither away, yet again...

....and why it is everytime I see Reggie Bush in a game, this dude always fumbles?

....and true to my word, I did not see one second of that Jets/Bengals game... after my big feast, I dozed off... wasn't thinkin bout no football... time I woke up from my short snooze, it was well past midnight....

Archived