Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

I find those stupid tunnel vision looks of Eli Manning to be more pathetic whenever he commits a turnover. His inconsistency has followed him since his rookie year and while throwing 24 interceptions is atrocious, to be fair a few were the result of his receivers missing plays.

....and that's what's plagued their offense ever since Plax' left:

A solidified #1 caliber WR.... the team is filled w/ nothin but a bunch of slot receivers & # 4's.... I can't even think of a #2 caliber WR on their squad....

anyway, those same stupefied looks of Coughlin, when he squints his eyes makes things twice as bad....

they're gonna f**k around and find themselves out of the playoffs....

you goin really see how many people are gonna call for Coughlin's head (firing) after that.....

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The A.F.C. is nearly set:

(A.F.C. Seeding As Of Week 16)

• New England 13-2-0

• Pittsburgh 11-4-0

• Kansas City 10-5-0

• Indianapolis 9-6-0

WildCards

• Baltimore 11-4-0

The Jets 10-5-0 ;) :tup:

The N.F.C. is going to Week 17:

(N.F.C. Seeding As Of Week 16)

• Atlanta 12-3-0

• Chicago 11-4-0

• Philadelphia 10-4-0

WildCard

• New Orleans 11-4-0

In The Race:

• Saint Louis 7-8-0

• Seattle 6-9-0

• The Football Giants 9-6-0

• Green Bay 9-6-0

• Tampa Bay 9-6-0

They need a new QB, not a new coach.

They need a new QB AND a new coach..... along with a deep threat at WR.

their rushing attack is gonna get less & less effective over time if this keeps up with their offense.... Kevin freakin Boss is their most reliable receiver....

They were stupid for getting rid of Ward, knowing that Jacobs' productivity was drastically decreasing.....

Carson Palmer is a bum. He is way worse than Eli.

Carson Palmer is a poor man's Drew Brees....

far as Palmer & Eli go (which is actually a popular fantasy league debate), I say it's a wash.... they're both equally inconsistent week-to-week, they're both hard to watch.... they both go on these funks where they're throwing picks all over the place... but then again, they both can light up a stat sheet when they get hot (Palmer moreso than Eli though)...

feast or famine.....

only difference is that Eli has no WR help, and Palmer's got two of the biggest ego's (headcases) in all of professional sports at that position (notice I didn't say two of the best WR's)....

I don't care if TO has more touchdowns than Jerry Rice, he's still a headcase.

After he left the Cowboys, he hasn't been relevant (which is why he's had to resort to taking part in reality shows to try to keep his name "out there")....

-----------------------

and EE... lol

Yeah, you have to be a Jet fan to put Sanchez in that category....

You have this class/caliber of QB's:

• Peyton Manning

• Tom Brady

• Drew Brees

then:

• Aaron Rodgers

• Philip Rivers (some would put him w/ in the most upper tier of QB's... he aint there yet)

• Matt Ryan

• Mike Vick (pre and post prison... lol)

then:

• Joe Flacco

• Jay Cutler

• Ben Roethlisberger (athletic, yes.. but so is Vick... and I can't put him in the same class of QB's as him, I'm sorry)

• Matt Schaub (one of the more underrated QB's in the league)

then:

• Eli Manning

• Carson Palmer

• Mark Sanchez (some would put him in a lower class)

• Tony Romo (THE most overrated QB in theleague, the past 5 years)

• the Orton's, Hasselbeck's, Cassel's, Garrard's.... pretty much, the majority of the league's starting QB's fall into this tier AFAIC

then:

• the Jason Campbell's, the Chad Henne's, the Alex Smith's, etc...

don't feel like listing a bunch of underachievers/bums...

washed up vets like McNabb, Collins, Kitna, & Favre would be in a class off to the side somewhere....

and EE... lol

Yeah, you have to be a Jet fan to put Sanchez in that category....

You have this class/caliber of QB's:

• Peyton Manning

• Tom Brady

• Drew Brees

then:

• Aaron Rodgers

• Philip Rivers (some would put him w/ in the most upper tier of QB's... he aint there yet)

• Matt Ryan

• Mike Vick (pre and post prison... lol)

then:

• Joe Flacco

• Jay Cutler

• Ben Roethlisberger (athletic, yes.. but so is Vick... and I can't put him in the same class of QB's as him, I'm sorry)

• Matt Schaub (one of the more underrated QB's in the league)

then:

• Eli Manning

• Carson Palmer

• Mark Sanchez (some would put him in a lower class)

• Tony Romo (THE most overrated QB in theleague, the past 5 years)

• the Orton's, Hasselbeck's, Cassel's, Garrard's.... pretty much, the majority of the league's starting QB's fall into this tier AFAIC

then:

• the Jason Campbell's, the Chad Henne's, the Alex Smith's, etc...

don't feel like listing a bunch of underachievers/bums...

washed up vets like McNabb, Collins, Kitna, & Favre would be in a class off to the side somewhere....

Sorry B35. I agree with most of this list of the top 15 QB's in NFL in 2010/11. With that said, i disagree with putting ELI in the group with Palmer, Romo, Sanchez aka the 'average' level.

Eli belongs in the "Big Ben', Cutler, Schaub aka 'Above average' level. He won a super bowl and during the Giants Championship run a few years in that playoff game vs. Cowboys Eli had one of highest completation games in NFL post season history.

So Eli biggest weakness is that he throws way too 'INT's." Other than that, this QB list is pretty acruate.

Sorry B35. I agree with most of this list of the top 15 QB's in NFL in 2010/11. With that said, i disagree with putting ELI in the group with Palmer, Romo, Sanchez aka the 'average' level.

Eli belongs in the "Big Ben', Cutler, Schaub aka 'Above average' level. He won a super bowl and during the Giants Championship run a few years in that playoff game vs. Cowboys Eli had one of highest completation games in NFL post season history.

So Eli biggest weakness is that he throws way too 'INT's." Other than that, this QB list is pretty acruate.

that's fine... np...

I will say that, I couldn't put Eli in that category... I cannot say, with a straight face, that he's better than any one of those QB's in that category I have above the one I placed him in.... He looks like he doesn't know what he's doing out there, and if you watch Giants games enough, you'll see what I mean.... can't really emphasize it into words...

and the Favre-like interceptions he throws... where he throws it up for grabs, full knowing you don't have that receiver talent to where guys can bail you out when you do that... you have to question his decision making at times too, bro....

B35 if Eli did not win a super bowl, then I would agree to put him in the 'average' list for current QB's. That list should include his work going back no further than 4 years ago. Work such as playoff apperences, super bowls and stats.

By next season, if he still has this 'so-so' performence, then Eli belongs in the 'average' group again.:cool:

B35 if Eli did not win a super bowl, then I would agree to put him in the 'average' list for current QB's. That list should include his work going back no further than 4 years ago. Work such as playoff apperences, super bowls and stats.

By next season, if he still has this 'so-so' performence, then Eli belongs in the 'average' group again.:cool:

If Eli didn't win a superbowl, I'd still have him in that category... One ring isn't enough of a factor IMO...

- he's an average QB with a superbowl ring... I can say the same thing about that loudmouth Dilfer, and Brad Johnson...

- Both Manning brothers have 1 ring so far... clearly no one's putting them in the same category...

- Brees & (Peyton) Manning have one ring... they're in a class above the rest, due to their excellent body of work at the QB position... before, and after they won those rings... during the regular season + during their playoff stints....

If I went by # of rings, I would have Roethlisberger in the same category as Brady & Peyton...

If I went by # of rings, there would only be two classes of QB's:

winners & losers.

That's all folks. The Giants have been eliminated from playoff contention. Green Bay won. And at this moment in time, the Giants are leading the Redskins 17-14, but it's a moot point. I hate how FOX deliberately scheduled the two games simulateneously so there would be scoreboard watching.

Yay! Gang Green wins at home 38-7 to finish 11-5 and enter the N.F.L. playoffs on a winning note. Gang Green finishes 5-3 at home. It's the third time the Jets win 11 games, joining the 1985 and 1968 Jets.

The 1998 Jets hold the best record 12-4. Quarterback Mark Sanchez played one series without throwing a pass. He handed the football off to Joe McKnight - nine times.

That's all folks. The Giants have been eliminated from playoff contention. Green Bay won. And at this moment in time, the Giants are leading the Redskins 17-14, but it's a moot point. I hate how FOX deliberately scheduled the two games simulateneously so there would be scoreboard watching.

Good. I don't feel for them either.... how fitting that the Giants:

- gave the eagles the division 3 weeks ago...

- got spanked by the packers 2 weeks ago....

- packers ultimately end up making the playoffs this week with a win...

- and now the eagles & the packers face off next week !

.......and the Seahawks take an early 7-0 lead with 9:30 in the first quarter.

At stake is the Rams winning the N.F.C. West Division with an 8-8 .500 record or the Seahawks becoming the very first-ever 7-9 team to win a division and participate in the N.F.L. Playoffs during a full regular season.

The Seahawks lead the Rams 7-3 with 8:49 in the second quarter.

.......and the Seahawks take an early 7-0 lead with 9:30 in the first quarter.

At stake is the Rams winning the N.F.C. West Division with an 8-8 .500 record or the Seahawks becoming the very first-ever 7-9 team to win a division and participate in the N.F.L. Playoffs during a full regular season.

The Seahawks lead the Rams 7-3 with 8:49 in the second quarter.

What a way to end the 2010/11 regular season... a boring sunday night matchup b/w the seahawks vs the rams....

have to ask yourself... outside of winning a crummy division, does it even matter who wins this game?

The Saints are gonna crush whichever of these 2 teams wins tonight, next week....

Archived