Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seattle Seahawks win the (bad) N.F.C. West with 7-9, making history. The Seahawks go in as the fourth seed in the N.F.L. Playoffs.

N.F.C. West 2010:

• Seattle 7-9 .438 (Wins tiebreaker with 4-2 Division; 6-6 Conference record)

• Saint Louis .438 (3-3 Division; 5-7 Conference record)

• San Francisco 6-10 .375 -1

• Arizona 5-11 .313 -2

In a tight game, the Seahawks are holding on 7-6 with 4:25 in the third quarter.

The Giants basically eliminated themselves from the playoffs. They go from likely NFC East winners to watching the playoff games at home. What would have been really ironic is if the Buccaneers had made the playoffs had both the Giants and Packers lost.

The Rams-Seahawks game was pretty good and once the Seahawks went up by 10 in the 4th quarter the game was pretty much over since the offense used 7 minutes in their last drive.

The Seahawks won the NFC West with a 7-9 record. To put it in perspective, the Detroit Lions finished 6-10. Both the Giants and Bucs finished 10-6 yet they're not going to the playoffs.

Playoff Predictions (Wildcard Round)

Colts over Jets-maybe Rex Ryan will finally STFU

Ravens over Chiefs-the Ravens are probably the best wild card team

Saints over Seahawks-something is wrong when a home playoff team is double digit underdogs

Eagles over Packers-this game will be closer than people think. The Packers are red hot and Vick is hurting. I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers won on the road.

My replies in red.

The Seahawks won the NFC West with a 7-9 record. To put it in perspective, the Detroit Lions finished 6-10. Both the Giants and Bucs finished 10-6 yet they're not going to the playoffs.

Playoff Predictions (Wildcard Round)

Colts over Jets-maybe Rex Ryan will finally STFU

This is not the same Colt team that been Super Bowl Contenders for last 5-6 years now. I think the Jets can win this.

Ravens over Chiefs-the Ravens are probably the best wild card team

Agreed. The Ravens are maybe better than the Steelers and the 2nd best team in AFC.

Saints over Seahawks-something is wrong when a home playoff team is double digit underdogs

This is a disgrace.:tdown: At the very least, the Saints should be hosting this game. What is debateable for another topic on whether a non-winning Divison winner or Wild Card should even be allowed in NFL post season, the NFL should never allow IMO a team even a divison winner to get a 'home' game.

Eagles over Packers-this game will be closer than people think. The Packers are red hot and Vick is hurting. I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers won on the road.

This is the hardest game to pick in this first round. It could go either way. I give slight nod to Philly as the 'home' club. However Green Bay can win this one.

I will only be watching the AFC wildcard games.... but my analysis goes:

- jets/colts... I have the colts winning this, by about 10-15 points....

the colts' obvious weakness is their pass defense... sanchez, I really don't think, is that good enough to exploit it (yet)..... furthermore, the jets are a run first, pass second team... you shutdown their run, then they panic & go to plan B, which is sanchez tryin to run that "big play" type of offense (like how the eagles do, but of course, no where near as good).... that's where sanchez makes those poor decisions & ends up throwing picks... against the colts though, it may never get to that point, b/c you gotta worry about that sack/fumble (a stat that shouldn't even be one) against freeney or mathis (good job to the titans yesterday for pretty much making them a non-factor in yesterday's game); if either one of them are on their game, I don't see sanchez getting 200 yards passing....

the jets will HAVE to control the clock to have any chance of winning this... low scoring games always favors the opponent, whenever you play the colts....

- ravens/chiefs.... although the chiefs SUCK against the run (which baltimore almost excels at), I'm showin some guts, and goin w/ the upset pick... I got the chiefs winning by a TD....

somewhere in the 4th qtr, baltimore will get too aggressive, end up makin a dumb penalty, which'll ultimately cost them the game.... don't expect cassel to bomb (stink), like he did yesterday... they're another one of these big play time of teams, so the ravens better stay on their p's & q's, and not get caught sleeping (or overzealous)....

- saints/seahawks.... do I really have to analyze this ???

saints by at least 15 points.... saints front 7 will pick whitehurst OR hasselbeck apart... brees will pick the seahawks secondary apart.... the seahawks are gonna need a "wing" & a prayer to beat the saints in the playoffs... and this year's saints are a watered down version of last year's team, to boot....

- packers/eagles... I agree it's gonna be one of these close games... except, it's also goin be one of these low scoring games (which I can't stand)... if neither team decides to play D though (lol), this could be like those old colts/pats matchups, where the over/under would be like around, 80...

I have the eagles winning this, something like 16-13 or 13-10....

Former Jets Head Coach Eric Mangini was fired as Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns after two seasons.

The Browns, who haven't enjoyed the success of the original Cleveland Browns, went 5-11 in back to back seasons under Eric Mangini. The 10-22 record gives him a career record of 33-48-0.

The Cleveland Browns, a 1999 replacement for the original 1946-1995 Cleveland Browns have had only two winning seasons (2002 9-7 and 2007 10-6) and one appearance in the N.F.L. playoffs, a 36-33 loss to the Steelers in 2002.

Although the Browns haven't played in a Super Bowl to date, they won every All-America Football Conference Championship from 1946-1949 and won four and lost seven N.F.L. Championships between 1950-1969.

Again why the wait for so called BCS Championship game. The game between the Tigers and Lions won't be played until next Monday Jan. 10. The teams would not had played a game in close to 5 weeks.

Yet you could have played a mini tournment (8-10 teams in a college football playoff)from the conferences championships till the end of the bowls.

Dare we mention the Cam Newton situation and also the Ohio State players still playing despite being found for serious 'ncaa problems.'

NCAA Football what a lot of fun.:tdown:

I am getting tired of seeing Rex Ryan on the back page

of the papers. His mouth is always open, either with food

or talking with the media. You can imagine how Rex will

be if the Jets upset the Colts on Saturday night.

How are they going to beat the Colts if they can't put pressure/sack Manning?

The blitz can backfire on you.

I know their defense isn't that good, but do you really want

to get into a shootout with Manning?

Remember last season when the Jets, 10-6, went on an improbable run as the fifth seed until Peyton Manning and the Colts stopped us 30-17 in the A.F.C. Championship Game?

Now we meet Saturday night in an A.F.C. WildCard game.......

If we win, we meet Tom Brady and the Patriots the following week; if they win, they meet Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers the following week.

As the NFL 1st round of the 2010 playoffs begin known to everyone as 'wild card' weekend, the 49ers have hired Stanford Univ Coach and former NFL Quaterback Jim Harbaugh as their new coach.

This is a bit of a surprise as the #1 top propspect in college football Mr. Luck also of Stanford has decided to stay another year in Palo Alto.

The Jets are probably the weakest 11-5 team in history. They had to struggle to beat the Browns and Lions (and they beat the Lions on a questionable call). When they played real teams (Ravens, Patriots, Bears), they were humbled.

1) We beat the Patriots once, although we lost the second time we faced them. B):mad:

2) We lost to the Ravens by one point. We were not blown out. Our offensive coordinator called a bad game.

3) We lost the game against the Bears because our defense could not get to Cutler and we got burned on a fake punt. We only lost that game by four points and our offense had a good game.

4) We beat the Steelers in perhaps the most important game in the regular season.

I have nothing against the Giants, and I respect them as a team, but here are a few points about your team:

1) Your team beat nothing but bad teams as well this year and only beat two teams with a record of .500 or better (Jaguars and Bears).

2) You guys lost the two most important games of the year with playoff hopes in your control. You blew a 21 Point lead with less than 8 Minutes left on the clock against the Eagles (a win could have almost guaranteed you guys getting the NFC East) and you got humbled and I mean HUMBLED by the Packers the following week and promptly lost control of your playoff destiny. You guys also lost to the Colts and Peyton Manning.

3) You guys choked two seasons in a row and blew your playoff chances in both seasons.

4) From 2008 to now, you guys are 1-5 against the Eagles. In the same time period, we are 3-3 against the Patriots.

A nice new late New Year's present for the NFL, that rich beyond belief. The league and ESPN according to sources have signed a 8-year extension for the all sports tv giant to continue broadcasting Monday Night Football into the next decade through the 2022-23 season. This is a blow for the planned NBC/Universal sports channel, Versus and also Turner (TNT or TBS) who also seemed intrestred in it.

ESPN will pay the NFL about $2 Billion Dollars a year and yet no super bowls in the package.:eek:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/01/06/espn-to-pay-nfl-over-1-billion-for-television-rights-without-super-bowl/

The Seahawks lead 24-20 at halftime.

In possibly the biggest upset in the NFL playoffs since the Giants shocking win over the Pats in the Super Bowl a few years ago, the Seahawks at the end of the

3rd period lead the super bowl champion Saints 34-20.

Barring a collapse like *cough *cough* Giants fold to the Eagles Cough* a few weeks back, New Orleans run as "NFL world champion' is about to end.:eek:

The Seahawks soitenly are giving the Saints a run: 34-27 with 11:50 remaining.

While the Saints made a nice last minute effort, the Seahawks have done it. They send last season's super bowl winner packing and out of the 2010('11)NFL playoffs.

The NFL needs to change the playoff format. It does notmmatter if it's a division winner or not(I prefer no 'under .500 teams myself)a team with a better regular season record even as a 'wild card' should get the home game. If the game was at the La. Superbowl, NO wins the game IMO. Playing at "Quest Stadium' formely the Kingdome is one of the hardest places in the NFL for a visiting club to win at.

With that said congrats to the Seahawks.

UPSET OF THE YEAR

The 7-9 Seahawks defeated the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints 41-36.

So FG or anyone else? Should the Seahawks (the division winner is another topic)with a losing record even hosted this game? While the Giants and Bucks with winning records are home watching.

Well, the Seahawks did win the N.F.C. West and it wasn't their fault the division was down this season.

In fact, since 2000 A.D., the N.F.C. West has had the best team only in 2001 (Saint Louis 14-2), 2003 (Saint Louis 12-4) and 2005 (Seattle 13-3). The other seasons the winner has been 10-6, 9-7, or this season 7-9.

The NFC West was a good division in the 1990's.

this being deemed upset of the year doesn't mean much of anything, this season...

Regardless, Saints should be embarrassed w/ this performance.... idc if the seahawks were 7-9.... saints defense played pillow soft the WHOLE game....

that run by Lynch in the 4th qtr, wtf @ the poor tackling....

give full credit to Hasselbeck, flat out exposing what was supposed to be, one of toughest backfields in the league - scorching them for 4 TD's...

Archived