War in Iraq: Officially Over!

East New York

Our troops are finally withdrawling from Iraq as we speak. Marking an end to the longest running war in American History! It's about time!!! About 50,000 or so troops will remain in the country to train the new Iraq Army. They will not engage in any fighting from this day foreward. See the full story at nightly.msnbc.com

Our troops are finally withdrawling from Iraq as we speak. Marking an end to the longest running war in American History! It's about time!!! About 50,000 or so troops will remain in the country to train the new Iraq Army. They will not engage in any fighting from this day foreward. See the full story at nightly.msnbc.com

A good way to start healing this planet is for a US official to openly admit that this occupation was a huge mistake, and that having a cowboy "me and what I want" foreign policy isn't what's best for the world.

Since my father fought in what was previously the longest war the US has ever been in (Vietnam), I have to correct you and say that Iraq isn't the longest, but Afghanistan is (Iraq is third).

A good way to start healing this planet is for a US official to openly admit that this occupation was a huge mistake, and that having a cowboy "me and what I want" foreign policy isn't what's best for the world.

Since my father fought in what was previously the longest war the US has ever been in (Vietnam), I have to correct you and say that Iraq isn't the longest, but Afghanistan is (Iraq is third).

True, but I grouped it all together under "The War on Terror." But yes, you are correct.

UPDATE: MSNBC is now doing a live broadcast that will air for what appears to be the rest of the night. I'm sure Fox will air the story as well for those of you that would rather watch that trash... I mean channel!B)

What a shame all those American lives lost for NOTHING, this war accomplished NOTHING a wast of our tax money and these taliban mutherf**kers will continue to be the disgust of the human race and plot new ways to destroy American lives. And why? all for RELIGION. (ALLAH)

Welcome back home soldiers.

True, but I grouped it all together under "The War on Terror." But yes, you are correct.

UPDATE: MSNBC is now doing a live broadcast that will air for what appears to be the rest of the night. I'm sure Fox will air the story as well for those of you that would rather watch that trash... I mean channel!B)

The War on Terror, another war that isn't getting us anywhere, and is only emboldening our enemies by getting us into crippling quagmires. Though I do understand the grouping since Iraq and WoT is kind of related.

So far, the major news outlets in this country hasn't mentioned it (with the exception of the aforementioned agency). I don't want to think about Fox News celebrating something that's too inappropriate to celebrate.

I can't believe the 9/11 events are around the corner and its going to be the 9th anniversary of that day. Time flies and with all this mosque business going on and now the ending to the war its like they played us and they accomplished everything that they needed to do. All this could have been avoided if they just flatend this Afghanistan the very next day with a bomb the size of an building when Osama claimed responsibilty for that act against the U.S. and we wouldnt have to go thru this.

All this could have been avoided if they just flatend this Afghanistan the very next day with a bomb the size of an building when Osama claimed responsibilty for that act against the U.S. and we wouldnt have to go thru this.

The other countries would sanction the US so much if that happened...or maybe Afghanistan's neighbor Iran would bomb us too.:eek:

The War on Terror, another war that isn't getting us anywhere, and is only emboldening our enemies by getting us into crippling quagmires. Though I do understand the grouping since Iraq and WoT is kind of related.

So far, the major news outlets in this country hasn't mentioned it (with the exception of the aforementioned agency). I don't want to think about Fox News celebrating something that's too inappropriate to celebrate.

NBC/MSNBC got the exclusive, as one of their reporters are with the troops right now as they are crossing the border into Kuwait.

NBC/MSNBC got the exclusive, as one of their reporters are with the troops right now as they are crossing the border into Kuwait.

Yea, I saw. This should be a bigger issue than something on NBC, but whatever. Journalism is considered the institute that writes the first draft of history, and those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it!

What a shame all those American lives lost for NOTHING, this war accomplished NOTHING a wast of our tax money and these taliban mutherf**kers will continue to be the disgust of the human race and plot new ways to destroy American lives. And why? all for RELIGION. (ALLAH)

Unfortunately outfits like Halliburton got fat wallets out of this bullshit. As far as religion being the cause,religion is just another tool that the powers that be use to keep us at each others throats and not rising up against them.

not surprising as they are part of the big liberal outfit with thier one sided reporting of the war which did more harm to our troops, public support, and the morale, than the arabs could ever dream of

not surprising as they are part of the big liberal outfit with thier one sided reporting of the war which did more harm to our troops, public support, and the morale, than the arabs could ever dream of

I don't really see their reporting as one sided. True, it may very well be classifies as a "liberal family of networks." Can you give a few examples??

I don't really see their reporting as one sided. True, it may very well be classifies as a "liberal family of networks." Can you give a few examples??

He's the ying to Metsfan's yang. One blames all conservatives, the other blames all liberals. There are no examples on either side, just conspiracy theories IMO.

Exactly it's a f**king joke. Osama should have been killed years ago. It's not that hard to find him with the resources of the United States but instead it turned into an occupation, an attempt to build nations, fueled by lies about "WMD's", and all this bullshit about how we're supposed to care about the Iraqi and Afghani people. Sorry, but I care about American people far more.

The only target in this whole thing should have been Osama and his top lieutenants, knock them out and send Al Qaeda back to the stone age, and then get out and let whatever happens happens. It's not the US's job to train other countries in how to police themselves or to install governments in them. That war cost so much money all fought for big business and other special interests, and all those soldiers who signed up for what they believed was a just cause who lost everything for nothing. Now Americans back home will be hurting too with those deficits of ours, a lot of which could have been avoided by just killing Bin Laden and having an all out assault on him and his "hideouts" instead of this "limited scale conflict" crap that drags on and doomed the US in Vietnam, and has hurt it greatly in the Middle East.

He's the ying to Metsfan's yang. One blames all conservatives, the other blames all liberals. There are no examples on either side, just conspiracy theories IMO.

Lol!! I feel you on that one. I like to consider myself a "center left conservative liberal." I watch Fox News often to see what the right is talking about, and I watch NBC/MSNBC daily because I like their reporting. When it comes to politics, you have to keep tabs on both sides, no matter what your preference is. Thats the only fair way to form an opinion. Other that that it's just he said/she said conspiracy theories like you said. I like to get down to the truth. Not just go with what one outlet says just because I like them. I have come to see that while NBC takes up for the left 90% of the time, Fox takes up for the right 200% of the time and sometimes bends the truth to their liking in the process. Thats not news. Thats straight propaganda! Yet it's very entertaining!

The War is lost, the terrorists are more powerful than before the war. Afghanistan is also lost, the taliban is stronger than ever before.

And Osama is harmless, there are terrorists out there who are thousands times more evil than Osama. They are still in our countries, living in Europe and the US.

They are gaining and we don't notice that.

Taliban in Paris, coming to New York

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNIKz9b8FAAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V7cw0ykrjkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2VkIu8TL_I

Archived