They won't build it! Hardhats not to work on controversial mosque near Ground Zero

Harry

Look at it this way. There are Muslim Extremists, who are the idiots and Muslims, which some are still idiots but most aren't. Muslim Extremists believe in these stupid things and they think they should blow things up. Muslims aren't bad people, but building it near WTC is a sign of disrespect. If they want to show religous tolerance, build it somewhere else, but not where so much blood was shed. People shouldn't hate Muslims, but they are afraid of some of them I would understand.

It seems like Americans are becoming fearful of a group of people and is biasing Muslims from American society. It wrong and xenophobic. I don't support the Mosque because it's so close to ground zero not because it's Muslim. In fact I am a Chinese American. Besides some great American heroes were Muslim. To name a few Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, ETC because there is so many others. So because of this we shouldn't discriminate. We shouldn't hate each other. Jesus taught us to love our enemies. I am sure if the world saw and talk to each other for a day without knowing they were enemies they would become best friends.

Xenophobia-is the uncontrollable fear of foreigners. The word originated from the Greeks. It is a term that means that you can fear them in any way. Like an attack or fear of losing the majority of the ethnic background.

It seems like Americans are becoming fearful of a group of people and is biasing Muslims from American society. It wrong and xenophobic. I don't support the Mosque because it's so close to ground zero not because it's Muslim. In fact I am a Chinese American. Besides some great American heroes were Muslim. To name a few Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, ETC because there is so many others. So because of this we shouldn't discriminate. We shouldn't hate each other. Jesus taught us to love our enemies. I am sure if the world saw and talk to each other for a day without knowing they were enemies they would become best friends.

Xenophobia-is the uncontrollable fear of foreigners. The word originated from the Greeks. It is a term that means that you can fear them in any way. Like an attack or fear of losing the majority of the ethnic background.

Not to get too off topic but to set the record straight. Sorry Mike Tyson is a thug and laughing stock. Forgot the 'faith' issue, I recently posted a thread(no one replied) in which he finally blamed himself for throwing/wasting hundred of millions on his 'wasted life.'

Mr. Tyson does not hold a candle to Mr. Ali and Mr. Shabazz aka Macolm X.:tdown:

Hey, i'd rather be told i'm doomed than have a fully-stocked Ryder truck parked outside my house.

Careful what you wish for though. If it were a Ryder truck, for all you know it could be BW bringing you a truckload of need subway car parts.

Or it could be the other thing... :eek:

It's F'ed up that people want it built near the WTC site. If the builders of the Mosque really were about healing, they would build it in a different area of the city.

2 items......

Firstly, its new york city, you can't tell people where they can and can't build things, this is a free country, you don't like it, feel free to not like it.

Secondly, the terrorists did not practice true islam, truse islam preaches peace, fairness and yes there are some parts that i personally disagree with, but a jihad as defined in the qur'an has rules, the rules state you shall not harm a tree, you will not destroy a building, you will not harm a woman, or a child, you will not harm non-combatants...... i could go on and on. If a peaceful islamic community and outreach center wants to be built, then build it.

What this is, is intolerance and ignorance. Inexcusable. It's near the wtc, site, yea well who gives a flying front door, lower manhattan is a small place there's lots of stuff near the very large wtc. There's a movie theater down the street from 1 wtc, i don't see anyone having a problem with that being there. Who cares, why such a big problem, let it go and move on. Jeezuz!@

- A

Everyone has right including Muslim it built were ever they choose,if you look at ground zero you wont see a Mosque cause there block by buildings 2 blocks away,

We are blaming all Muslims for 9/11 and that's not right.

Also if building a mosque is a sign of victory to them,who gives a crap?I thought Americans were better then that.

We have to stop are Grief and hatred and Remember Thow's who were killed on that tragic day,not how they were killed but what great people they were before 9/11.

2 items......

Firstly, its new york city, you can't tell people where they can and can't build things, this is a free country, you don't like it, feel free to not like it.

Secondly, the terrorists did not practice true islam, truse islam preaches peace, fairness and yes there are some parts that i personally disagree with, but a jihad as defined in the qur'an has rules, the rules state you shall not harm a tree, you will not destroy a building, you will not harm a woman, or a child, you will not harm non-combatants...... i could go on and on. If a peaceful islamic community and outreach center wants to be built, then build it.

What this is, is intolerance and ignorance. Inexcusable. It's near the wtc, site, yea well who gives a flying front door, lower manhattan is a small place there's lots of stuff near the very large wtc. There's a movie theater down the street from 1 wtc, i don't see anyone having a problem with that being there. Who cares, why such a big problem, let it go and move on. Jeezuz!@

- A

Intolerance? You bet it is, but just imagine the out cry from those people is another religion built on one or close to Mecca. I think they would not only vaice their opinion against it, but knowong them, they would bomb some thing or someone. Also, what would your opinion be if some Japs built a cultural center over the Arizona?

The only thing I wonder about through all this, is what do the Muslims who REALLY ARE OUT for the common good thin....

geez dude, dont you know how to use paragraphs in your rants? I dont think anyone could read more than a few lines of this

Besides isn't there a skyscraper across the street that would block the view of this Mosque anyway. There is one reason I am protesting against it and that is the disrespect. The building that they are going to get rid of to build the mosque was where a piece of the plane that impacted the WTC landed.

See here:

500px-World_Trade_Center%2C_NY_-_2001-09-11_-_Debris_Impact_Areas.svg.png

Even though I am not racist. There is one thing I want to say. I won't really forgive Muslims for that day. Those were my favorite buildings and when they brought it down they brought down part of the world.

Besides isn't there a skyscraper across the street that would block the view of this Mosque anyway. There is one reason I am protesting against it and that is the disrespect. The building that they are going to get rid of to build the mosque was where a piece of the plane that impacted the WTC landed.

See here:

500px-World_Trade_Center%2C_NY_-_2001-09-11_-_Debris_Impact_Areas.svg.png

Even though I am not racist. There is one thing I want to say. I won't really forgive Muslims for that day. Those were my favorite buildings and when they brought it down they brought down part of the world.

Oh yeah I remember the landing gear was found all the way there.Bt also its still pretty close to ground zero.Check out this vid folks.

watch?v=AI7-GH0e2yw&feature=related

Intolerance? You bet it is, but just imagine the out cry from those people is another religion built on one or close to Mecca. I think they would not only vaice their opinion against it, but knowong them, they would bomb some thing or someone. Also, what would your opinion be if some Japs built a cultural center over the Arizona?

Youre comparing the religious freedom of a democracy to the religious freedom of a theocracy. Smart....

I respect other religions but I fell that people have corrupted those beliefs to justify atrocities throughout the ages. I'm atheist and I have my own morals. I beleive in being a good person, helping others, and just being nice in general. I don't believe in God because if he existed, he would of stopped horrible events like the Crusades and 9/11. These events and others were because of religion. Also if life is a gift from "God" and we were all in heaven before birth, then why is the there war, torture, famine, and evil in this world. That sounds more like a punishment.

Youre comparing the religious freedom of a democracy to the religious freedom of a theocracy. Smart....

Well said.

The unfortunate part of all of this is even though most uf us do not think the mosque/ or cultural center/ or whatever the hell it is should be built that close to Ground Zero. I likely will be. The key words are United States of America. People sound really stupid with comments like "Where is the government on this. Aren't you going to do anything?" Do what?? What do they want them to do? Their hands are tied. Plain and simple. Protesting isn't really going to help in this situation. It's just going to get worse! If some of the participants had better people skills, maybe they could talk to the planned ocupants of the mosque like human beings and persuade them to change the location. But no! That would be too much like right! And because of that, they are going to throw our Constitution all in their faces. Somebody is going to get hurt before this is all said and done.

At least you're honest enough to admit that you equate Islam with terrorism, and still hold a grudge. That's something that I can respect.

Well said.

The unfortunate part of all of this is even though most uf us do not think the mosque/ or cultural center/ or whatever the hell it is should be built that close to Ground Zero. I likely will be. The key words are United States of America. People sound really stupid with comments like "Where is the government on this. Aren't you going to do anything?" Do what?? What do they want them to do? Their hands are tied. Plain and simple. Protesting isn't really going to help in this situation. It's just going to get worse! If some of the participants had better people skills, maybe they could talk to the planned ocupants of the mosque like human beings and persuade them to change the location. But no! That would be too much like right! And because of that, they are going to throw our Constitution all in their faces. Somebody is going to get hurt before this is all said and done.

Interesting note, I recently found out that a Muslim taxi driver was stabbed because he gave the "wrong" answer when his fare asked him if he was Muslim.

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/124368/man-who-allegedly-attacked-taxi-driver-arraigned-on-hate-crime-charges

Well said.

That's the problem in this country. People look to government to solve all of their problems, yet every preventative measure taken by government to protect people from themselves is seen as an intrusion of freedom. Observe the following imaginary conversation:

World: Hello, Americans, I'm going to give you a problem.

Americans: WAAAAHHH!!! MOMMY!!! HELP ME!!!!

World: There is no "mommy" anymore, you're supposed to be an adult and take care of your own problems.

Americans: WAAAHH!!!! I WANT GOVERNMENT THEN!!!!!!!!!

Government: We'll fix it but it will cost you.

Americans: FIX IT!!!!

Government: OK...cha ching. Hey while we're at it since you're an immature little brat, we're going to tell you how to live your life so this problem doesn't happen again

Americans: Hey, wha...WHAT ABOUT MY FREEDOM!? AMERICA IS THE LAND OF THE FREE AND YOU ARE TAKING MY FREEDOM!? ALL GOVERNMENT DOES IS f**k SHIT UP - GOD DAMMIT!

World: Uh, don't mean to interrupt, but here's another problem.

Americans (think for just a second): WAAAAAAHHHH!!! GOVERNMENT SAVE ME!!!

And the saga continues. So does the owner of the proposed mosque have a secret agenda?? Is he doing it to rub it in the faces of all thoes we lost?? Or wait a minute.... Why are he and his constituants minority shareholders in none other than.......... Drum roll please........ News Corp. The parent company to Fox News! So what is the Sly Fox up to now??? Are they playing us all for political and monetary gain? Their ratings have skyrocketed since the "Ground Zero mosque" controversy began. So what you say? Well the owner of this planned mosque is in a win win situation. The more Fox engages in the Tea Party rally, and similar events, the more money he makes as News Corps. stock goes up!! So is Fox really for America, or are they really for the good 'ol greenbacks! I think this may actually be deeper that we realized!

Archived