Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some eye-candy from the first station I've replaced with a new one on my NYC subway route--96th St & Broadway on the West Side IRT. I have to re-do the benches, they came out too small. But the objects are there, along with signals, etc. The splines will come with those tracks pre-attached, which are Russian subway tracks, you'll need them from the DLS.

Enjoy!

That's excellent, dude. I still remember the outer platforms whenever I went downtown with my family at a young age. The last time I went there (last year i believe), the platforms were sealed... Oh, the memories... :cry:

The default track looked choppy when inserted into junctions and the like, and since I do not know the specifications or style that BStyles wanted them, I've decided to leave them out. In my opinion, for now, the Russian tracks look a better fit. As someone pointed out to me, the Russian stuff is NOT available on the DLS, so to save hassle, the track used in the stations will be included in the .cdp file.

Also, below are pics of the Lenox Line/Yard and an updated progress map, current as of a few minutes ago. Lenox line is complete as well as the Lex to 125 St. East Side pictures will come once that line is (somewhat) signaled.

(2) tracks from the Bronx come in from the left

acelejalde_20110906_0012.jpg

Middle track at 135 St

acelejalde_20110906_0013.jpg

Lenox Yard shots

acelejalde_20110906_0011.jpg

acelejalde_20110906_0010.jpg

acelejalde_20110906_0009.jpg

acelejalde_20110906_0006.jpg

acelejalde_20110906_0004.jpg

Updated Progress Map:

9-5Progress.jpg

-A :cool:

I'm not 100% understanding this, but when are you going to release the stations? I'm not trying to rush you, but it seems like they're done. Are you testing them or something? If so take your time. Also if & when you do beta testing for the stations and/or route, i'd like to help with the testing.

I am beta-testing them right now and working out kinks. You cannot tell there are minor issues with them, only because I shot photos showing their best qualities. Mostly, some minor off-measurements in sketchup that make small, but noticeable gaps in the platforms and roofs. Not to mention fixing the end walls so they aren't transparent from the opposite side. They are theoretically finished, but I don't want to release plague-ridden content. Usually, I've noticed for me, it takes about 3-4 look-overs to spot any problems.

Also, I'm still unsure as to what tracks I want to use for the stations. The Russian ones seem to be doing fine for now. Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. Rick, you're definitely already on the list for beta testing.

Green Eggs n' Pelham When you said you would be taking requests i could help with those if you want because if made so good content in my opinion like el stations subway station no pics tho but ya i mean if you want help i could do a few of those for you and send you the file so you can like check it out and stuff if you want the help.

P.S. Could i beta your route?

P.S.S. I Would recommend these tracks use them for all of my subway routes on the DLS by Magicland,

Subway track 1 line L

Subway no 3rd rail cement 2

Subway track 1 line

Subway track 1 line NC

Subway track 1 line R

Subway track 1 line 1 side

Subway track 1 line-gap

Subway track 1 line-walls

Subway track 1 line-walls NC

P.S.S. I Would recommend these tracks use them for all of my subway routes on the DLS by Magicland,

Subway track 1 line L

Subway no 3rd rail cement 2

Subway track 1 line

Subway track 1 line NC

Subway track 1 line R

Subway track 1 line 1 side

Subway track 1 line-gap

Subway track 1 line-walls

Subway track 1 line-walls NC

I think Green Eggs n' Pelham didn't want to use those because of the measurements. Though if he could use them, I suggest using the "Subway 3rd rail cement 2" (or no 3rd rail - however it's built) for the stations themselves, and the Russian tunnels only (kit-bash to an extent).

@ Green Eggs n' Pelham, thanks for the info, and putting me on the beta testing list.

Rick is right--the measurements for the Magicland tunnels do not fit my stations, so they will not be used. For now, mcq's stuff is the most appealing to me for its ease of use, visual appeal and flexibility with adapting it to the style of the NYC subway. To be completely honest, if and when the NYC subway tunnels are released, I highly doubt I will replace mcq's tunnels, because that would make this and all future updates on my route completely useless.

Also, the incandescent light fixture seems to be too small to warrant any real value for custom content on the subway route. I don't mean to be rude in any sense, but I'm sure there are several light bulb/fixtures on the DLS already.

After teasing an entrance into the Bronx, I decided to focus on the Brooklyn IRT for a little while. The section between Bergen Street & Eastern Pkwy was by far one of the most difficult I ever had to do--with the tracks rising as they go southbound under Flatbush Avenue. The diagrams I used to help me are in the following links:

IRT Brooklyn 1

IRT Brooklyn 2

So now, here are some shots between Bergen St & Eastern Pkwy/Brooklyn Museum, as well as the Brighton tunnels.

Bergen St (2)(3)

acelejalde_20110907_0005.jpg

Between Bergen & 7 Av (:((Q)

acelejalde_20110907_0006.jpg

7 Av (B)(Q)

acelejalde_20110907_0004.jpg

Grand Army Plaza (2)(3)

acelejalde_20110907_0003.jpg

Brighton line stays underneath Flatbush Av, IRT diverges to Eastern Pkwy

acelejalde_20110907_0002.jpg

Eastern Pkwy (2)(3) & Crossover east of the station:

acelejalde_20110907_0001.jpg

acelejalde_20110907_0000.jpg

The next portion will be the entire 4 Av Subway to 95 St.

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Here they are finally---my set of NYCTA Subway Stations! There are several CDP files to download, because pushing them all together was somewhere around 60 MB, and I know not everyone has blazing fast internet. So I broke them up into three separate ones. The 1-4 Track models work as splines with the ends built in. The 6T models work the same as Magicland's original stations, with end object pieces, and the spline for the station length. This was done because splines with more than 5 tracks couldn't be done prior to TS12.

Also, the bench, garbage can and exit stairs have been included as objects as well as the pillars and pillars with roofs. I've also included the CDPs for my new and improved signals (overheads included) that use BVE coronas I've gotten as part of the Signals pack for OpenBVE. As per the read me, credit for the coronas goes to TJay1724 over on the BVEStation forums. Without his work, my signals would not look as (pardon me) bad-ass as they do!:)

The final .cdp file is the 3m Russian subway track that you must have for the subway stations splines.

Enjoy, and any feedback is welcome!

NYCTA Subway Stations/Objects:

1T & 2T stations

NYCTA 3T & 4T stations

NYCTA 6T & Objects

New set of NYCTA Signals:

New Signals Pack 1

New Overhead Signals Pack

Russian 3m subway track:

Russian 3m subway track

My next little project are open-cut stations for Brighton/Sea Beach/Dyre, and repeater/wall signals.

I love them but I have a few problems I'll post pics either later or tommrow

*joking sarcasm* This I gotta hear. :)

Also, thanks to a friend who lives in the Bronx, I have 99.9% of the platform chaining distances for the entire NYC Subway System. He was kind enough to volunteer to fact-check my figures on the IRT & BMT lines that I needed, and he has delivered! I'm not sure if anyone is interested in that stuff (I use them to space out my stations accurately), but when the project is 100% complete (probably by the weekend), I will let everyone know.

Route/Content Update:

-Wall Signals seem to be fine. I just have to lower the homes so that they aren't too high. Again, we're not gonna get overkill here, so only 2/3 aspect automatics, 3/3 homes, and 1/2-shot/ST signals will be included in the package along with their respective repeaters.

-I've gotten permission to re-texture Jeff Morris' content, and while I know Ish6 has done some of it, thanks to the textures I have from BStyles and others, I've made Jeff's stuff look really awesome. So I'm not sure if I'll continue with my own open-cut stations package. I'll have to think. But seriously, I'll post pics of what I've done with his el/open cut stuff.

-Sea Beach route is almost finished. I just got to 18 Av today, and made the (D) connection at New Utrecht. Since the (D) is completed up to 9 Av, I might connect the two portions and run them both to CI. Also, I've started on the (7)<7> past QBP, and saving Corona Yard for last, I should be up to Main St by Saturday. Bear with me fellas, I'm trying to put in as much time with route building/content creation and juggling work and home responsibilities, along with sleep. Not to mention Phoenix Light Rail projects and BART. So, if there are significant delays, I apologize in advance.

Take your time with that route, it's too big for people to expect a finish soon. And what you have already done is significant based on the timeframe you've done it in.

Also I have a question, Is it possible to edit the stations so that different colors can be used for each station? And if so, can I have your permission to do it and release it?

Green Eggs n' Pelham Can you make a subway station that has 3 tracks and two side Platform.

You mean like a local station or an express station? I believe the 3T Models cover all of that. Look through them again.

I have 3T 1, which is a 3T local station, 3T 2 which is a 3T express station and 3T 3 which is similar to Essex/Delancey on the (J)(M)(Z).

Wow they look absolutely amazing! Is there a way to make them passenger enabled though?

I have a friend who is tinkering around with that right now, seeing as they are not standard station-objects. Any news and I'll let you know!

*joking sarcasm* This I gotta hear. ;)

Its not a big problem but just a height problem. Only want to know if it can be fixed or not. Just give me a couple min and ill show you.

Its just the bench and trash can arent on the platform there kinda under it same with the stairs.

D.png

@Rick44 I was also ganna ask that same thing i am in the process of changing the colors of the stations.

Edited by Strain

My friend in the Bronx had the same problem, and it's a quick fix!

Usually with objects, when you click on the house and raise them, it raises them in 1 meter increments. However, if you hold shift down when raising the object, it goes up by 0.10m increments, and when you hold ctrl down when raising the object, it goes up by 0.05m increments. I learned this trick with using Ish6's re-skinned stations. The platforms are 1.4m high, so when raising your objects, make them rise 1.4m and they'll be a perfect fit!

@Rick & Strain: as of right now, I am okay with you re-coloring the stations for your own personal use, but not for distribution. Go wild with your colors and make everyone jealous! But, it's still too early for a re-release, I hope you guys understand. I will re-consider the matter down the road.

Finally got to work on the (N) line a few weeks ago, so sorry for the delay in pictures. I was using some not-so-visually appealing tracks as placeholders while a good friend of mine whipped up NYCTA Surface Tracks for me to use on the route. Credit for those tracks shown on the Sea Beach line go to ExpressLine3Train @ the Auran/Trainz Forums. I also wanted to showcase my 4T Open Cut Station, and wall/repeater signals. The signals are still in testing phases, as I try to align them perfectly with walls and such.

Oh, and the Sea Beach line is currently only constructed up to New Utrecht Av where the (D) station sits by its lonesome. It's quite a weird sight! ;)

Repeater/Wall 2-shot GT signals rounding the curve after 59 St

acelejalde_20111009_0007.jpg

62 St Portals/Interlocking

acelejalde_20111009_0006.jpg

acelejalde_20111009_0005.jpg

Open-Cut, looking north

acelejalde_20111009_0004.jpg

(N) Fort Hamilton Pkwy view from n/b express track

acelejalde_20111009_0003.jpg

Curve after New Utrecht Av tunnel, looking north

acelejalde_20111009_0002.jpg

New Utrecht Av Manhattan-bound platform

acelejalde_20111009_0001.jpg

(N) at the temporary terminus

acelejalde_20111009_0000.jpg

Enjoy! And thanks again to EL3T for letting me import his tracks into 3ds/IM and use them in the game!

@Rick & Strain: as of right now, I am okay with you re-coloring the stations for your own personal use, but not for distribution. Go wild with your colors and make everyone jealous! But, it's still too early for a re-release, I hope you guys understand. I will re-consider the matter down the road.

Ok thank you i didnt know i could with objects. And as for re-skinning i understand what you mean.

And i have made so far Jay St-Metrotech,42nd Street,ect... with reskinning other stations.

Green Egg's i must say your stations are Excellent. will you also be releasing open cut stations as well?

I was considering abandoning it because of how well Jeff Morris' stations came out when I was doing re-texturing. But now, I believe I am back on board after seeing how awesome EL3T's tracks work. I like the "3-in-1" spline method to creating my stations rather than a fixed station object.

Also, I am doing the (S) 42 St stations as well, since those are irregular, as well as the (6) City Hall Loop, and the (1) SF Loops. Those stations will be fixed station objects since they're rare and only show up once/twice in the system.

I need everyone's opinion on something else too (at least 5 replies before I consider): abandoned stations? Overkill or not?