Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

Made Some New Stations Here They Are:

161 St Yankee Stadium (Showing The (B) And (D) Tracks Coming In From The Uptown And Downtown Tracks,Also Showing the (4) Tracks Coming from the uptown and downtown tracks.

Train Station With Local Tracks On Both End Of The Station And The Express Track In The Middle.(As Seen On The Burnside Ave (4) Station.)

Grand Centrel And Times Sq-42 St (S) Platforms

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just started work on elevated stations to use for my NYCTA route. BStyles has been away for awhile, so I've taken it upon myself to build these stations with textures he has given me. The following is a list of the stations going to be made. Just to let everyone know, the Brighton line is the only line that will have "customized" elevated stations. The rest of the el lines will use this package of stations, but there will be different objects (exits, etc) that you can swap in and out for a different look. I just felt it was too much to model several el stations each for Astoria, Flushing, West End, Culver, Pelham, Jerome, Broadway Bronx, Jamaica, Myrtle, Rockaways, Livonia, etc etc. Too much work, and who wants to sift through 30+ stations when something under a dozen will do?

So here's the list:

1 Track El

2T Island/2T Side/2T Double Side (for the terminals on the (1)(2)(4)(5)(6))

3T Island/3T Side/3T Island 2--for (7) Mets/Willets Point

4T Island/4T Side--for (7) 111 St.

Objects (so far):

Platform Exit (at the ends, seen on the (7) line)

Mid-Platform Exit

New Subway Maps

New Exit signs with a down arrow

The garbage cans and benches from the subway set can be used here.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

-A :cool:

would you consider modelling 180th street on the (2)(5) since it has an interlocking tower on the middle track toward the north end and a walkover to the yard on the south end. Plus the abandoned platforms to the east of the stations? because i don't think those are found on any other route.

Just some eye candy of the recently completed NYCTA EL stations:

NYCTAEL.jpg

1T and 2T are on the top row, 3T on the middle, and 4T on the bottom. I know the ends look a little short, I'm in the process of lengthening them from 5m to 10m long as we speak!

Enjoy!

P.S. Like everything else, gotta test it on my route--so far no kinks, so no definite release date yet, BUT---I will promise that you will not have to wait six months like with the subway stations. I'm starting to get a hang of this station building stuff B)

Here is the current progress map--Brighton is pretty much finished, Fulton St line is done (the remaining portion is the Pitkin/Liberty St line), and Flushing and Jamaica are getting close to the end.

Because of measurement anomalies in my route, I am rebuilding all of Downtown Brooklyn and the 4 Av line, mainly because my (A) line doesn't meet up with the (J)(L)(Z) at East NY like it's supposed to. It shouldn't be that bad to be honest.

Also, replacing the EL stations on my route with my own newly created ones--so far only Flushing needs them, as I completed Jamaica yesterday.

Lastly, is anyone else getting an error with Jeff Morris updated 'bridge01' spline (aka the Manhattan Bridge). I got his 'bridge02' update (WillyB) just fine, but the MannyB is having an ! in CM. These are place-holders until I finish my WillyB and ExpressLine3Train finishes his Manhattan Bridge.

25 October Progress Map:

10-25Progress.jpg

Using a DEM costs $$$ and currently, the NYCTA system is too large to fit every detail of the system onto one map(hence why there are 100+ pages of track map books). What we do have is common knowledge, and that, compiles with some of the accurate information from BVE, makes up for it.

(13) 5th Avenue Local departs the 125th Street Terminal on a run to South Ferry

125thStreetTerminalA.jpg

(12) 5th Avenue Express awaits clearance into the 125th Terminal just returning from South Ferry

125thStreetTerminalB.jpg

125th Street Terminal Viewed from Platform 1

CustomStationKit.jpg

Thanks go out to green eggs' without his NYCTA Custom Station Kit i would not have been able to start this route.

Hey keep up the great work guys love what's going on right now.

P.S. I might not be on for a long while all tht snow killed power for maybe 2-3 weeks and it really sucks it's like a war zone out here there's trees everywhere branches are in yards roads power lines knocked out it's just awful. But I thought I might give you'll the 411 on things so ya stay safe and keep up the great work.

I'm taking a week or two off from NYCTA content/route building to focus on BART. Plus, I'm awaiting three books worth of single-line signal diagrams for the entire NYCTA subway system to arrive in the mail, so until then, I won't resume the project. I'm not at liberty to say who or where I found these books, but it's the culmination of a two year search and I couldn't be happier!

Also, I read a thread somewhere on the Auran boards that answers the questions for those of you who have been asking about making my 2010 route available in 2009---the scripting and such of 2010 is that so you cannot back-date to 2009. I know they're similar, but most of the aspects of a basic 2010 route are only available for that version of the game. I've tried backdating several times for you guys, and I still get the same "error no map selected" message when trying to load it. So, when I get the signal diagrams, I may consider re-doing the entire layout in TS2009, so that you guys can enjoy it as well. Unfortunately, I do not feel like producing the full route for any version prior to 2009, so if you have TC 1 & 2, you won't be able to play the route. Like I've said prior, ALL of the content I'm creating is for 04 and above--just not the physical route itself. It was a sacrifice I had to make, and since 2006 is buggy and doesn't work on either of my machines, I'm going with 09 and above--I hope you all understand. But, if you have 04/06/TC, use my content and impress me with your creations! :tup:

Now, I'm going to eagerly await the mailman and maybe bust out some content! :P

Using a DEM costs $$$ and currently, the NYCTA system is too large to fit every detail of the system onto one map(hence why there are 100+ pages of track map books). What we do have is common knowledge, and that, compiles with some of the accurate information from BVE, makes up for it.

Not only that, but I don't necessarily need the entire NYC street grid to build the layout. I will make a disclaimer right off the bat, barring Trainz's limitations, some portions of the system might have to be tweaked to fit everything in (CI Yards & Shops comes to mind :confused:). But with the single-line signal diagrams coming in at the beginning of next week, from an operations standpoint, everything will be pretty darn accurate.

Redevelopment of the route will start in a few weeks after the first several waves of foam get out of my system from combing through these three books like a kid in a candy store :)

Freelanced Version Of Nereid Yard on my white plains road line

Southern View

southernviewofnereid.jpg

Northern View

northernviewofnereid.jpg

The Yard Has:

8 Layup Tracks

12 Storage Tracks

Maintenance Shop with 9 Tracks and a car wash

Yard services the following line (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)

More Pics soon!! ;):)

Thanks i just realized that, Alexander's R142 just halted trainz to 3FPS so i'll be more careful.

As for the Maintenance Shop i used a combination

AJS Retaining Wall Portal For The Entrances

AJS Retaining Wall For The Walls

Conc Slab 50 Meters for the roof

And i raised the walls and portals to a corresponding height to make it look nice

Here is a picture of how the wall signals look when placed in-game. I'm finalizing the package right now--just a few more errors to fix and we're going to be set. This first cdp will be all of the wall, repeater, el, overhead, and normal signals. The rarer signals (2-2-1, 2-3-1, 9-head homes, etc) will be released in an add-on pack. I didn't want to make you all wait anymore to model them.

Two things before the picture:

1) You need to delete all of the previous signals prior to installing the new pack, otherwise you'll get two of each signal showing up in the trackside objects tab.

2) Those tunnels are not my creation, and they are not on available on the DLS nor are they close to being released. The developer kindly lent them to me for testing.

WallHomeSig.jpg

Enjoy!