Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow that looks amazing!

I'm just really curious on what the bridge object is called and if it's in the DLS because I've seen it used by other people and it's something I desperately need for one of my layouts.

It's called Bridge02 by Jeff Morris.

Here's the KUIDs:

Bridge02- KUID2: 44558:37207:2

Bridge02- KUID2: 44558:38701:2

Might be good to download them all. I can't remember what the actual difference between them is.

If you open the config file, you can replace the KUID of the track with whatever other track you'd like to show up. The track it comes with isn't realistic, so I changed it.

He also has Bridge01, and Bridge03 I believe.

More goodies....!

Progress update first:

Lexington Av line: 51 St to Astor Place

7 Av line: 50 St to 14 St

Broadway: 49 St to 8 St-NYU

6 Av: 57 St to Delancey & Grand St

8 Av: 59 St to Spring Street

53 St tunnels: Lexington Av to 8 Av

42 St/Flushing: Times Sq to Grand Central

Shuttle: 42 St completed & running

14 St: 8 Av to Union Sq

Nassau: Part of WillyB to Bowery & Chrystie Cut

Projects this week: Finish all of lower Manhattan & Bridge portals

Now....pics! (Lex Av line mostly)

UnionSq-LexUptown.jpg

Union Square Uptown platform

UnionSq2.jpg

Overhead of Union Square

6Av-53StWye-1.jpg

6 Avenue/53 St Wye for (:P(D)(E)(F)(M)

7Avto18St-1.jpg

South of 18 St (1)(2)(3)

18thSt-Lexline.jpg

18 St on the (4)(5)(6)

PortaltoShuttle.jpg

Looking northward on downtown local track. (6)<6> come in from the left, and the right connects to the 42 St (S).

Enjoy! :cool:

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham
Updated Progress report

Signals will be put in very much later. I find that it's easier to post pictures of my progress without trains or signals---it took me an hour just to place and name the signals between West 4th through the Chrystie cut.

So, unless I am posting a video--most of the upcoming pics will be unsignalled.

Just an update on my route.Sadly I have 2 start over b\c as I was updating my Trainz 2009 it didn't work right.So nothing would open.I reinstalled and tried again same shit happened it would read 40040 ot whatever which is SP2 or 3 I believe and on the main menu where the Driver/surveyor/railroad is it would be the SP4 version and it would crash.So I reinstalled again and I will leave it as SP1.I plan to start this Winter/Christmas break sometime next week probably on Christmas day.Sorry about this but expect a great route from me.And also 2 more friends will be making kick ass routes like KTrainExp and Bstyles.More subway content is on the way!

I am impressed by your work and I'm just curious are you working on several lines?

I am making a comeback to Trainz this holiday and I plan too make a fictional (K) route from NJ to Brooklyn with passenger enabled stations and AI traffic with possibly 4 sessions but I am aiming for 2.And all of us are trainz fans maybe this should be the NYCT Trainz or the MTA Trainz group making quality routes.Someone is tackling the IRT the 1,2,3,4,5,6 lines.But we should get organized and make seperate routes.

Eg.(Someone starts the (E) and gets to Kew Gardens and makes the (F) branch to 179 and finishes off the (E) to WTC and leave the F as it cut outs)Basically if this is an (E) route there should be a portal producing (F)'s and possibly (M),(R) or (V)'s and once the (E) can no longer see the (F),(R) or (M) make a portal so it will be consumed like at Qns Plaza 2 portals one 71 Av bound producing ®'s and one Manhattan consuming ®'s.Something we should look into.

Hello all--it's been a busy week, but I have been making progress on lower Manhattan, despite a new job starting this week, and another next week. But enough of my try-to-be-cool intros....it's pics ya be wantin' to see!

ProgressReportMap.jpg

Finally finished Lower Manhattan. Now, onto Brooklyn, Queens, or Uptown?

RutgersTubes.jpg

Rutgers Tubes & East River

RFviewofWTC.jpg

Looking out the RFW of an R160 (E) sitting at WTC

Thanks to IRTBronxExpress for supplying the goods for me to make the following additions to my R160s:

R160QSide.jpg

(Q) on the MannyB

R160JSide.jpg

(J) on the WillyB

Now back to business:

R160JinBrooklyn.jpg

(J) again (Brooklyn end of the Bridge)

R160EatWTC.jpg

(E) at WTC

R46NviaCulver.jpg

(N) reroute via Culver

R32W.jpg

An R32 (W) at City Hall Yard. Someone forgot to chain the rollsigns....:P

R32WCityHallYard.jpg

Another shot of the R32 (W) just hanging out.

More in the next post

We continue our tour of progress made....

QonMannyB.jpg

(Q) on the MannyB. Brooklyn Bridge in the background.

OverheadBowlingGreen.jpg

IRT Bowling Green Station

NewSFLoops.jpg

South Ferry terminal, loops, (R) station. I might have to re-do this. Something seems off to my eye.

NatYorkSt.jpg

(N) reroute at York Street

MatChambersSt.jpg

Looking out of an (M) G.O. at Chambers St. Ahead is the R3-R4 relay track.

IRTLoop.jpg

(6) City Hall Loop

hitlercar.jpg

Or should I say a <6> at City Hall Loop (ftw an R62 <6>, right IRT??) :P

FatChambers.jpg

(F) via 8 Av at Chambers St (I know...lots of re-routes in this post)

CityHallLoop-BMT.jpg

City Hall Yard on the left, IRT loop on the right

CanalLowerLevel-Nassau.jpg

Nassau St loops old connection. Ahead is Canal St (N)(Q) station going northbound

BowlingGreenShuttle.jpg

Disused Bowling Green Shuttle platform

BMTChambersSt.jpg

BMT Chambers St (J)(Z)

BMTBwayEl.jpg

Finally, some el pictures! This is the beginning of the B'way Brooklyn El

BGUptown.jpg

Bowling Green uptown platform. I've re-skinned AJS' subsurface walls and platforms in a variety of colors (orange, yellow, blue, purple, teal, etc). Red and Green only was kinda boring.

Enjoy! :cool:

haha, two above posts are full of win. I like how my LED sign was featured in your work, so kudos for that. But overall, I like how well the Chambers Street, Brooklyn Bridge, Bowling Green and South Ferry stations came out. Keep up the great work. :tup:

P.S.: R62/A <6> will always equal to win. :cool:

Thanks IRT. Once I get a handle on GMax (which like the SAS, should be in about the next fifty years), I hope to create some more signals and maybe an R143/160 like Magicland's R46's with the LCD lights. Or, if I'm smart and don't want to wait until 2050 for those projects, I could ask someone to help collaborate the project.

I currently have some stuff I drew up in Sketchup that I sent to BStyles for texturing and coding. They're gonna be 1- and 2-shot GT signals, a combo of both, and an ST signal.

Any GMaxers out there....? If so, let's collaborate on some more signals. PM me for info!

Also, thanks for the encouragement. Giving back to the RF community here is what I aim for every time I post pics. You'll never believe how many pics are on the cutting room floor because I want all my work to be Grade A for ya guys!

-A :cool:

P.S. I will work uptown this weekend. It's straight lines and methodical, minus the (4)(5)(6) 125 Street, (A)(:P©(D) between 125th and 145th and the (3) Lenox Yard. Hopefully it'll be completed by the end of 2010!

Very very cool! I'm still in the process of re-installing my old TRS games (unfortunately, since we're moving, 06' got seperated through a few boxes, and i'm stuck with 04'...), and I should start working on my own lines soon :)

EDIT : I had a line with about 6 trunks built (I had been working on it since 08'.), and I'm hoping to find the files to it and show some pics.

Edited by R1103
added more content

I'm currently working on parts of Brookyln. I just started and I've got all the switches around DeKalb set up with signals, and I'm working on expanding south.

But it sucks so much that Magicland's trains don't work in TS2010 and the ones by Jeffmorris look like crap and don't work with passengers, so I'm stuck using Metro North trains until I can find something better. (AND THE FREAKIN DLS HAS BEEN DOWN FOR OVER A MONTH)

...I currently have some stuff I drew up in Sketchup that I sent to BStyles for texturing and coding. They're gonna be 1- and 2-shot GT signals, a combo of both, and an ST signal...

I'm using a trial version of Sketchup Pro to export some train cars I'm working on to .3ds, but GMax crashes whenever I try to import the 3DS files. Any ideas?

But it sucks so much that Magicland's trains don't work in TS2010 and the ones by Jeffmorris look like crap and don't work with passengers, so I'm stuck using Metro North trains until I can find something better. (AND THE FREAKIN DLS HAS BEEN DOWN FOR OVER A MONTH)

1.They do work in Trainz 2010 you have to download something and it will convert the mesh and fix some points.

2.LOL thats wrong well they do look like crap compared to Magiclands stuff but its better than nothing;)

3.Metro North you got the trains,stations and stuff why not build a fictional MN route? You got locomotives including Amtrak an M8,Shoreliners,NH stuff.

4.The DLS is not down you have to manually download stuff via FTP.

1.They do work in Trainz 2010 you have to download something and it will convert the mesh and fix some points.

2.LOL thats wrong well they do look like crap compared to Magiclands stuff but its better than nothing;)

3.Metro North you got the trains,stations and stuff why not build a fictional MN route? You got locomotives including Amtrak an M8,Shoreliners,NH stuff.

4.The DLS is not down you have to manually download stuff via FTP.

You have to download something? Do you know where I can find it? B)

How can I download stuff via FTP?