Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome! It has worked out well, and pics will come soon of the layout I'm doing.

There are two issues though, one big, one minor.

The big issue is two or three of the station splines do not appear in-game. The Station 2A spline and one of the 3 track splines don't appear.

The minor one is, that I cannot have an island station passenger enabled with the "Subway Island Station" or the AJS island invisible stations. I can work it with the one-track invisible stations, which require a little extra work, and having two invisible stations, but it's doable.

The gap between the platform and train still appears as well, I would assume that you are still working on it, so no biggie.

You and BStyles are doing... I ain't gotta tell you guys this, you know y'all are great at what you're creating.

Edited by Rick44

Duly noted, Rick. Thanks for a timely response. I'm going to check the issue(s) you're having--I'm running TS12 and everything is showing up on my end. Also, JeffMorris got an error while trying to download the Start Pieces .cdp. Did you get anything like that? (NOTE: Check the bottom of this post for continuous edits throughout the night).

-A  :ph34r:

Edit:

No need to elaborate on the invisible station issue. Unfortunately, anything above AJS Invisible Station 1T is too wide and/or incompatible with the current NYCTA station kit(s). I've tried to max out the platform widths by redoing all of the subway and el stations twice, but I can't seem to get the measurements correct. I even double-checked in mesh viewer. I know it's a huge pain in the butt, but for now, only 1T invisible stations are available to use for NYCTA (and using multiples for multi-platform stations) until I can either: a) Contact Andi and see about an update or b) figure out some magic deep within the config to adjust it (hopefully it's a config fix and not an entire mesh fix).

Edited by GreeneggsnPelham

Hey green great job man but i found a couple problems about six or so of your pices have transparent platforms ill try and take pics when I have the chance also with the start and end pices the arrows pointing the directions are pointing the wrong way ill show a pic of what I mean later other than that great job

As I stated on the auran forums, the direction of the arrows don't matter when it comes to laying track. They shouldn't be an issue. What do you mean parallel to the point? Since they're objects you can rotate them in the objects tab in surveyor. Also the link titled el fixes above fixes the transparency issues.

Hello All!

As many of you know, I am a senior development partner with BStyles, specializing in content for the Trainz simulator series. For a year or so now, the both of us have been wanting to get a website up and going, with obvious hits and misses. As B is in the military currently, and as I am juggling a full time job and new familial obligations, the ability to pay for such a domain is tough. Thankfully, the solution is finally here. I have started a new ProBoards forum called "BDC Projects" and it will be *the* official place to get content downloads for Trainz items as well as a place for content developers who want to join our team to congregate. Many of you know BStyles from his work here in BVE, and I'd like to extend a warm welcome to you as well, whether or not we've met. A select few of you I have had the pleasure of meeting, and I hope to meet everyone else in the future. The website link is below as well as a list of members that were a part of the old domain site before it crashed. If your name is NOT on this list and you were part of the original group, please shoot me a private message on the new boards. Those who are content creators (for lack of a better term?) here for BVE and are also partners with BStyles, please reach me via PM there as well and I can see about setting up administrator privileges for a few of you (I'm looking for maybe 3 or 4), since I can't run the site on my own. 

On that note, if you have a lot of experience and would like to be an administrator, include that in your PM as an "application", and why you should be chosen. So, without further delay:

New Website: (Register now!) http://bdcprojects.boards.net

Here are the names of the members that BStyles gave me prior to the close of the last domain. If there is an asterisk next to your name, you were flagged as an admin on the old board, however, you will have to resubmit your application as BStyles is temporarily away from the development game and I've taken over all administrative duties. Two ** means you were tagged as a moderator.

aking4125, Imanuel*, kingoftrains, kako, steven8579, jamal17, R33WF, ARome, dakidmike, kachsheev183, Goten123, steelracer02, bve, Slants**, scottbe8, calabrese94, stamenqua, Blue18*, Strain, Nyctrman*, ErrorMarco11, PuertoRican88**, Chris, EDawg**, Dj Hammers**, BStyles*.

Please use the same names when registering as you did before. I look forward to working with those who want to be developers, and it is a pleasure and an honor to welcome all of you aboard to the next phase in NYCTA development.

Warm Regards,

-A :ph34r: (GreenEggsnPelham/"ACE")

I'll be trying that Ace, since the issue that Strain stated still exists with those assets. I'll join that website a little later today

Correction, the only one that does not work is "NYCTA EL Station 2C"

I'll try that fix.

*Update - It shows up in MeshViewer, just not in game.

Edited by Rick44

I found and fixed the issue. The file name for the mesh in "NYCTA EL Station 2C" is incorrect. The file name should be "nycta_el_2c_station.im". Just change the file name, commit, and try it in Trainz!

On a related note, 2C doesn't have a station w/out canopy variation. This has a canopy on it. Idk if this is on purpose - but it's not a problem. It's supposed to be like Van Cortlandt Park, which I'm not sure has a part without canopy.

For Strain, if you have other stations that are invisible besides 2C, make sure you download the fixes that Ace posted.

Oh! Good old 2C--that was something that wasn't supposed to be in the release yet. You're correct, it is similar to 242 St (and the terminals for the (2) and (4) as well). The reason there are no non-canopy sections was because I hadn't broken down and split 2C into objects and splines yet. It is an honest accident--that folder was supposed to be taken out prior to upload. Oh well! Enjoy it for now and an upgrade will be out soon. 

On a separate note, thanks to all of you who have signed up on the BDC forums. I'll be checking (very thoroughly :P) my content and assets and uploading links to the forums. Keep in mind, I cannot directly host them on the boards, so they will still be mediafire files, however, now everything will be found in one place, so no more searching threads for hours on end!

-A  :ph34r:

Whops never mind just read your post again and solved the problem it helps to reread things lol but i just noticed something Canopy 2C doesn't have a Start/End piece.

Never mind just read the above post.

Edited by Strain

Hey guys route is comming out great I'd like to get a beta out but I don't think I can release my route cuz I use B's Teat route and I can never get ahold of him to ask if I can release it with his permission so I don't know what to do I really want you guys to have this route but I do want to go behind his back a release it.