Some Subway Stations feel like Ovens.

Broadway Local

Holy shit, I was on the Broadway Line platforms at Herald Square and I was sweating my balls off.

Actually, I reply on someone that said the same thing as you, but it is true. I went to 34th Street-Herald Square station most of the weekends on BMT Broadway Platform. Oh wow, if the train has no AC, I would get feel trapped in so much heat to I don't know what station I have to go to.

What they need then, is to have fans in the vents to suck the hot air out In the stations). Especially when it has cooled outside, and the heat is still trapped underground.

That would be a workable idea in the future if money were to come around for it, however some of the fans would have to point down and into the stations to cycle cool fresh air into the stations to replenish the hot air being sent up to the street level. It would also still be rather warm in the stations, but that extreme heat that fills some of the mezzanine levels and overpasses wouldn't be as bad.

When I was going to staples, I took the (R) to Bay Ridge-95th Street Station and it is so hot, that I sweat in less than 1 minute. That station is a toaster oven. Also when I took the (N) train via the (D) to 36th Street, man, it is hot in that station too like a microwave oven while I was waiting for the (R) to Bay Ridge-95th Street, even when it is winter. If you are in a subway station that is a toaster oven, reply what station you are in?

If you want stations that really feel like ovens head over to Flatbush Ave (2)(5) and Atlantic Ave/Pacific st(2)(3)(4)(5)(;)(D)(N)(Q)(R).I promise you'll wish you were at 36th st especially compared with Atlantic Ave.

I'd guess that the stations below ground are all hotter now compared to before the trains were air conditioned. The train's A/C units expel hot air into the stations where it gets trapped for months on end. That's why the homeless camp out there in the winter months. They may be homeless, but they're not stupid. They will ride a train to the stop before the train goes outside and reverse direction. Except a line like the (E) which never goes outside.

Chambers St. (1)(2)(3). If I ever miss the downtown (1) i find myself wanting to cry as i wait for the next one.

I really think that they should've had a corridor connecting the 7th av and 8th Av lines at Chambers. When I used to use that stop, the (2)(3) always were backed up. At least if they had a problem, I could've taken the (A)(C) to Fulton for the (4)(5). I know the (2)(3) have to stop at Park Place for Path riders, but personally I think they could do away with that stop and walk to Chambers instead.

34th Herald Sq is a fukin oven even in the winter some times..goin uptwn i purposely always avoided connecting to the (D) there cause i cant stand the heat

I don't like heat. I like cold because I can sleep and the wind can blow the germs in my house if there is. Looks like too many people don't like the 34th Street-Herald Square Station on BMT Broadway Subway because of the heat. The reason why it is a lot of people, is because I found 3 replies that 34th Street is an oven. Not to be mean, but I was just telling you, and that includes everybody who viewed this thread.

Archived