A new member Intro.

BMT B1 Division

Hello all, I"m glad to be aboard to ride up and down the line with you, I haven't been in model rail roading that long ,only since 1977,well it doesn't seem that long , any way since that time I've built 6 layouts (my 1st layout was built by my dad in 1970 making it a total of seven)the latest can be seen on You Tube (pelham 123) there are seven videos of it there. To adress the hobby & interest; "In this world there are trains,then there's "THE NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT AUTHORITY" truly the old "B M T STANDARDS" set the standard. There will never be any thing as beautiful as the choreography of an ABA or R-1/9 (including the old el cars up thru the Lo-V's) as they go up and down the line,S.S.S.(sway,smell,sound) truly a symphony in it's own rite. Steve R.

Welcome to the forums! I see you're a fan of the HiRailers layout. I visited them last year and it is a magnificent layout. I've seen their subway layout in progress at the begining. I plan on going up there this year to see the progress on it. Thanks for joining the community.

• 4 weeks later...

About the layout which ultimately evolved out of the past six layouts (the knowledge of what works and what to do). The layout is called "Pelham 123" it's "O" guage it has ten levels, it's 15' long 5.5' wide and is on wheels so it can easily be moved. The layout is one route (continuous loop) with automatic routing (the train switches the switch track as it moves along) running just above scale speed it will take 25 min. for the train to reach the starting point. The layout is under construction (no scenery yet), video clips are available for viewing on "you tube" ( 7 total) the current fleet consist of; MTH- Lo-V, R-1 ,R-26, R-42 them both Williams mu metro liner & MTH Amtrak mtero liner F-40 ph with three coaches. All other layouts (1 thru 6) where modeled in HO, there where no affordable subway cars back when #6 was built so I settled for RDC's & freight cars, #6 was mounted on wheels , it had two and a half levels with and el that ended at the bumper block after running thru the dubble crossover to the station. The lowest level was the subway, #6 was also 15' long & 5" wide the other neat thing it had was the AFX road racing track running extensively through out the layout, from a four lane highway with exits (all in one direction) to a two lane black top under the el & on a country road where rigth beside the track you could race the train. I've made diagonal & 90 degree railroad crossings of which trying to beat the train I got hit. The AFX/HO cars where; three police cars with flashing lights , a Peterbuilt tractor and trailer 1969 GTO ,1970 goodhumour icecream truck, 1970 camarow, and alot more. There where at least 100 freight cars of all types two bachman spectrum F40ph's (NJ Transit), I also had at least 6 pullman heavy weights,and a Atlantic Coast Line Geep by Atherans. Buildings ,trees phone poles and what not.(MTA)

Archived