Citaro G Heading to NYC

ttc1001

Just wanted to let you all know that Daimler Commercial Buses North America has imported a Mercedes Benz Citaro G from Europe, over the last week or so it has been touring around to various operators in the Greater Toronto Area. It is currently up in around the nations capital (Ottawa) for demonstration purposes there. My friend up in Ottawa has found out the bus is leaving Ottawa on Thursday. So just wanted to give you guys a heads up before the bus arrives in the NYC area in the immediate future. I'm not sure if the bus will be heading straight to (MTA) or making a stop at Orion's Oriskany manufacturing plant first.

Here's a picture from wikipedia to give you guys an idea of what is to come.

Zuidtangent_Wikipedia.jpg

All i have to say is Ewwwwww that thing looks hidious. This is just great the MTA just keep getting ugly buses first the orion VII then this POS.

If the R142/143s can survive eight years in the nyc subway.

Then that bus can survive one day on nyc streets.

3 doors??? what for??

and also like harry said that bus wouldn't survive a day in NYC it looks very cheap

I guess you haven't seen how long it takes for people to unload from a 2 door 60ft bus, that is capable of carrying 120 people. Artics in urban areas need 3 doors. NJT did it with their Volvo urban artics.

I'm sorry to say but that bus looks too delicate for the streets of America especially New York City.

It's the Orion VII NG sister bus. They are here, so this is just a 60ft version of its sister.

You know Harry, its uncanny that I posted in the past (here on this site and even put up pics), that if MTA wants artics from Orion, they should get Orion to sell their sister bus here, and look what arrives in North America. I also posted that the useless Bx20 should be eliminated, the M100 should not go across 125st, and take the place on the northern part of the Bx20 (go to 246st), and last Saturday the dispatcher was saying the same thing. I'm not thinking this stuff is a coincidence anymore. I think someone from the DOB is watching what DOB posts. I think they read what I wrote about the Citaro G, got in contact with Orion, and asked for the demo. I do think the MTA will look at it, just because it is Orions sister, and they want to create and support NYs workforce, especially upstate.

I did e-mail Orion about the Citaro awhile back, and maybe they contacted Citaro to get one here, especially since they are MTAs and alot of others agency 1st choice for buses. If they bring that bus to MTA, I really think the MTA would get it, regardless of if its crap or not. Why? Politics, that's why.

it doesn't take that long, as long as people go out the back door and come in the front door then everything is fine

of course this is from my experience

Mr.Error. Don't forget, I drive those buses. Very few use the back doors, too many would rather walk past the back door, to go out the front door. The dwell times on artics are horrendous. In the Bx we spend more time loading and unloading than driving. That is why the running time is longer on 60ft lines. The running time is the time from beginning to end. This is different from the headway time (the time in between buses).

Low floor artic, plus 3 doors = better dwell times. Only one step to make, not 3, and an additional door.

that's just stupid how they go to the front door then. what bus lines do you drive for?

on the bus lines here in queens there's always a crowd by the back door since everyone is fighting to get out the back door

I drive the Bx41 now (back in Kingsbridge depot). Last year I did 3 picks on the Bx19 (West Farms), before I went to West farms, I drove the bx1/2 out of KB. I mainly drive 60ft buses. Bronx customers.......I think somethings in the air here. They are a different breed.

It's the Orion VII NG sister bus. They are here, so this is just a 60ft version of its sister.

You know Harry, its uncanny that I posted in the past (here on this site and even put up pics), that if MTA wants artics from Orion, they should get Orion to sell their sister bus here, and look what arrives in North America. I also posted that the useless Bx20 should be eliminated, the M100 should not go across 125st, and take the place on the northern part of the Bx20 (go to 246st), and last Saturday the dispatcher was saying the same thing. I'm not thinking this stuff is a coincidence anymore. I think someone from the DOB is watching what DOB posts. I think they read what I wrote about the Citaro G, got in contact with Orion, and asked for the demo. I do think the MTA will look at it, just because it is Orions sister, and they want to create and support NYs workforce, especially upstate.

I did e-mail Orion about the Citaro awhile back, and maybe they contacted Citaro to get one here, especially since they are MTAs and alot of others agency 1st choice for buses. If they bring that bus to MTA, I really think the MTA would get it, regardless of if its crap or not. Why? Politics, that's why.

My dude, it's not a coincidence at all! It was evident when we all did the posts on "If You Were head of NYCT." Shortly after, MTA CEO make his State of the MTA address, and there are so many points in it that came straight from our posts. Like I said then, I know for a fact that TA BRASS reads these posts, and they are definitely taking notes. 3 improvrments that I said I would make if I was CEO ended up being in the speech. So coincidence? Hell no! There is a little bit more to it also, but I haven't put my finger on it just yet.

are there any interior shots of the citaro G's?

Well,I've found a japanese market citaro interiors.. very similar to european (original version) of Citaro...but modified in the roof,and generally small particular parts...

I Think that Mercedes were very smart to export model strictly made for european street outside europe (Dubai,China,Japan and now with surprise...USA! (neew york!) It's very strange find citaro in London,place for double decker imagine mercedes in NYC! For me,strange,but so happy...a day maybe american bus in Italy...

Who drive mercedes,often says that it's so similar to drive an E series mercedes,Bah,slowlier bus,too small interiors also for european...I believe that Van Hool or Man Lion's City were better than MB..

800pxmercedesbenzo530cijj8.jpg

Your Citaro Interiors...

800pxmercedesbenzo530cixa0.jpg

Citaro japanese cockpit

normalcimg0041im6.jpg

Citaro european cockpit

actvvenezia471mbo530gnmi8.jpg

Venetian Citaro old style or....1st series (this 471 in service since 2005)

Citaro restyling since 2007..

Photo from wikipedia and two italian site http://www.ares-dark.com/autobus and http://www.busbusnet.com

I hope you were glad for ;)(C)(1)(A)(Q6) (Ciao!!)

. I also posted that the useless Bx20 should be eliminated, the M100 should not go across 125st, and take the place on the northern part of the Bx20 (go to 246st)

You Know what... i was thinking the same thing.. what was the point of the Bx20? Theres 3 Routes that Can Be Combine in that area. The Bx20, Bx7, and The M100. I really see No Point Of the Bx7 either. The M100 can Take over the Bx7 and Bx20 up to 246 like you said, And you can Have the the M100 make that right on 231st up Riverdale while passengers and Tranfer to the Bx10 to Go Up On The Johnson side.

The should have left it the way it was years ago when the M100 used to go to the bronx and the last stop was 263st.....

i know im off topic, but i saw that and wanted to comment!

You Know what... i was thinking the same thing.. what was the point of the Bx20? Theres 3 Routes that Can Be Combine in that area. The Bx20, Bx7, and The M100. I really see No Point Of the Bx7 either. The M100 can Take over the Bx7 and Bx20 up to 246 like you said, And you can Have the the M100 make that right on 231st up Riverdale while passengers and Tranfer to the Bx10 to Go Up On The Johnson side.

The should have left it the way it was years ago when the M100 used to go to the bronx and the last stop was 263st.....

i know im off topic, but i saw that and wanted to comment!

The M100 became unreliable for the politically empowered Riverdale(ites). Going across 125st, made the buses late picking up Riverdale customers. So the Bx7 was created. It is the spawn of the M100. The Bx20 is a complete waste of buses, and fuel.

• 4 years later...

In Portugal, we also have the Citaro G in circulation, despite of the problem of the holes in road.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/mn9VVODsCks?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/mn9VVODsCks?version=3&hl=pt_PT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Archived