MTA Starts training 30 new T/O next month

Jersey 316

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow incredible number, it's understandable I guess. However, it's surely a bit of a sacrifice one must make for a large chunk of their life. Your obviously a big R-Type fan, which is your favorite lol?

lol.......the name actually doesnt come from any train type(although i like 38's and 40's); it came from the video game, and i remember someone i played basketball with would call me that..........and it kinda stuck for years......lol

lol.......the name actually doesnt come from any train type(although i like 38's and 40's); it came from the video game, and i remember someone i played basketball with would call me that..........and it kinda stuck for years......lol

HA! I should have been more specific as I WAS referring to the video game and not the trains. Boy! I spent alot of quarters in the 80's as a kid playing that, then years later several sequels came out. Just to talk more unrelated nonsense on my part, for someone to call you r-type they must have felt you had a certain affinity torwards the game, either that or it meant rebound-type or rocket-type or... I dont know some other basketball related terminology lol.

Wasn't that the game that you had to fight things in a body?

While the actual civil Service test is dumbed down,the tests they give you in schoolcar are not.

Every week we got a 20 question quiz with a 80% passing rate.We had a 40 question midterm and a 60 question final.You MUST get 80% on those 2 tests or else you fail out of the course.

Then you have the 4 hands on practical tests which you must pass.

Exactly and they have clipped a lot of people during Schoolcar because of this.

Wasn't that the game that you had to fight things in a body?

I believe you are referring to a game called Lifeforce, It had you in a spaceship shooting bacteria and other biological flying hazards inside the body of some alien life form infected with some bad strain. Konami.

I guess just add to another class, very often school car classes overlap. the A div class will be done by time we get out... if there were no other A div classes started and a need arose we may be able to just go over, there are a number of us in this class of 22 who wish to go over (2 of the 22 will just post and go back out on the road in a week or two, the others will complete the entire school car)

I guess just add to another class, very often school car classes overlap. the A div class will be done by time we get out... if there were no other A div classes started and a need arose we may be able to just go over, there are a number of us in this class of 22 who wish to go over (2 of the 22 will just post and go back out on the road in a week or two, the others will complete the entire school car)

If the IRT suddenly develops a need, they will just take the last however many they need and send them over. They will not ask who wants to go. For now, just assume you're all in the B Division until you can pick a job in the A.

If the IRT suddenly develops a need, they will just take the last however many they need and send them over. They will not ask who wants to go. For now, just assume you're all in the B Division until you can pick a job in the A.

I'm resigned to that fact already. Wanted to qualify on all the equipment anyway.

Don't mean to be a wet towel but don't you think this thread is a tad OFF TOPIC Now?:confused:

Does it really matter though? They hired the 30 and that's it, why not turn it into something productive or a thread that's not a flamewar?

Archived