MTA Starts training 30 new T/O next month

Jersey 316

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are correct Bill a Promo Class starts on the 13th and i know two great guys who will be part of that class!

my buddy who is 82 on the list starts in that class as well. so i should also get called soon for the medical. most likely after the holidays. the thing is a lot of people that are on the list or in class dont know if they want to stick with it. i know a few people that are going to go through school car then come right back to C/R. why? i dont know.

i know a few people that are going to go through school car then come right back to C/R. why? i dont know.

Why you ask, I will tell you why my friend. 1 or more of 4 reasons usually. 1. A break from the routine of conductor and dealing with the crap conductors have to deal with like having people talk 2 inches from your face when asking you directions. Halitosis is still bad, even when there's a lot of noise, the smell won't die. lol. 2. Weekends off if they can't pick them yet, and if they can get AM classes, they can have a nice stable early schedule for several months and you usually have it much easier at any job while you are getting trained, than when you are doing the actual job. 3. Not wanting to go back to extra extra and starting the whole crap over again, but this time lasting a lot longer than it did for conductor. 4. T/O's don't deal with exatly the same crap C/R's do, but they have a hell of a lot more responsibilities and that keeps some people from wanting to stay. It's easier to stay under the radar as a C/R than as a T/O. A conductor can't operate past a home ball and get in deep trouble, but a T/O sure as hell can.

They have to request going back while they are still on probation in the promotion (12 months). Once their probation is done, they can't go back to their old title voluntarily. They would have to get demoted to go back after that.

Then that is a next class. One started and are road posting in the A Div. They started around the middle of October.......

There are no road-posting T/Os in the A Division at this time. The class starting tomorrow (12/13/10) is the first A Div T/O class in a very long time.

There are no road-posting T/Os in the A Division at this time. The class starting tomorrow (12/13/10) is the first A Div T/O class in a very long time.

Hey Alex L I'm 112 on T/O list. I passed my medical last week, do u know when the next class is and for what division. I am one of the few that will go through the entire class. I want to be a T/O.

Sorry, I mean, I'm 47, do u think I'll be called before I turn 50

Depends what Cuomo decides. Ask me the question again in February/ March and I will give you a better answer. Cumo said on the campaign trail that he is going to lay people off, but we will have to see whether this becomes reality.

Depends what Cuomo decides. Ask me the question again in February/ March and I will give you a better answer. Cumo said on the campaign trail that he is going to lay people off, but we will have to see whether this becomes reality.

Cumo has NO say so in who gets called down here...

Archived