MTA Starts training 30 new T/O next month

Jersey 316

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiosity, Ive a question for those that know. When the MTA calls up 30 people, does it actually mean they currently have a spot for each of those 30 people should they graduate? Or are they simply expecting 30 spots to open up in the near future?

I ask because I find it difficult to believe that the MTA actually does have spots open right now for T/O or Conductor.

Just out of curiosity, Ive a question for those that know. When the MTA calls up 30 people, does it actually mean they currently have a spot for each of those 30 people should they graduate? Or are they simply expecting 30 spots to open up in the near future?

I ask because I find it difficult to believe that the MTA actually does have spots open right now for T/O or Conductor.

The MTA is short on T/Os and C/Rs.

When they hire a class of 30 they intend to fill 30 positions. Meaning there is already a need.

Thank you Y2Julio and SubwayGuy. I hope their shortage trends continue and actually get to guys and gals outside the system that don't already work for the MTA.

They'll have to eventually. The Open Competitive lists are good for about 4 years and the clock doesn't start ticking on them until just about when the first person is called.

I don't like to forecast but if things go the way I expect they might, the promotional list will be exhausted sometime next year late spring/early summer, so maybe at that time they'll get the first O/C classes. But that last part is just a personal opinion, and it may prove right, and it may prove wrong, so don't hang your hat on it.

They'll have to eventually. The Open Competitive lists are good for about 4 years and the clock doesn't start ticking on them until just about when the first person is called.....

You sure about that ?

because i always thought that the time starts ticking at the time the list has been created / certified ( 8006 about two years ago ) I could be wrong

They'll have to eventually. The Open Competitive lists are good for about 4 years and the clock doesn't start ticking on them until just about when the first person is called.

I don't like to forecast but if things go the way I expect they might, the promotional list will be exhausted sometime next year late spring/early summer, so maybe at that time they'll get the first O/C classes. But that last part is just a personal opinion, and it may prove right, and it may prove wrong, so don't hang your hat on it.

Does the O/C List begin when the 1st number off that list is called?? Or is it in effect as of Oct 4th next month?? Thanks for any info guys

Does the O/C List begin when the 1st number off that list is called?? Or is it in effect as of Oct 4th next month?? Thanks for any info guys

Ths O/C list begins when the 800 people on the Promo list are exhausted or disqualified for various reasons. Give it about another year to a year and a half till they get to the O/C list

What makes you think that the newly established T/O promotional list #8562 will be exhausted in about a year????!!! It has 833 people on it! I'm anxious to see your logic behind that statement. (C)(H)(1)(L)(L)

What makes you think that the newly established T/O promotional list #8562 will be exhausted in about a year????!!! It has 833 people on it! I'm anxious to see your logic behind that statement. (C)(H)(1)(L)(L)
They called up 53 employees and ended up with a class of 30. Most of them weren't able to get promoted due to having taken too many sick days. So it's not hard to see that not all 833 people will be actually promoted to Train Operator therefore speeding up things a bit.

Archived